BR: Bears Trying To Trade Cutler to get Mariota

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Ding ding- we have a winner.
the only way to reclaim him is to eliminate the risky shit, and maybe trim his game to an alex smith style ball control game. anything else will result in the same old Cutler.

Pretty sure that is what Trestman tried to do last year and we all know how that turned out. Trestman tried to eliminate the deep ball and compensate with short passes to get Cutler in a rhythm and inspire some confidence within himself but Cutler is in the end still Cutler and managed to lead the league in turnovers despite the career high in completion percentage and the career low in YPA.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Pretty sure that is what Trestman tried to do last year and we all know how that turned out. Trestman tried to eliminate the deep ball and compensate with short passes to get Cutler in a rhythm and inspire some confidence within himself but Cutler is in the end still Cutler and managed to lead the league in turnovers.

That and Trestman and co. had the same 10 plays ran over and over to the point that they were so predictable.

Chinese

Liked Posts:
All the Cutler hate really isn't that difficult of a concept to grasp.

The Bears gave up a lot to trade for him, promptly gave him a $30 million dollar extension to which he returned the favor by throwing 28 INTs... only to waste the next few years (and defensive window) trying everything they could to "fix" him... with everything setup for him to finally have success he of course get's injured and naturally the Bears being the Bears they give him yet another totally undeserved contract extension, this one an even more absurd 7 year $126 million dollar deal to which he returned the favor by leading the league in turnovers...

Gee I wonder why people are fed up with the team continually coddling the guy and giving him a ton of money he doesn't deserve only to get the same results they could get with some backup QB...

The real question here is what exactly has Cutler ever done to warrant the endless excuses and white knighting from people like you and hbk?

Best comment so far. I am actually surprised that of what I do remember he was benched for the first time last year. I can see that happening this year for a longer time. Although I will cross my fingers that it took him 10 years to figure it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
It's not really a thought...it's a known fact

He HAS won:

7 in 2009
10 in 2010 plus 1 playoff game
7 in 10 games in 2011
10 in 15 games in 2012
5 in 10 games in 2013

Yeah its a known fact that he can't win 6 games when he already did it 4 separate times and would have been a 5th if not for injury.

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
Ding ding- we have a winner.
the only way to reclaim him is to eliminate the risky shit, and maybe trim his game to an alex smith style ball control game. anything else will result in the same old Cutler.

It'll be nice having a coaching staff that isn't trying to fit a guy into an offense he doesn't work in.

What about Jay's past did Trestman see that made him think this guy is a good fit for a WCO and has the ability to make pre-snap reads?

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
He HAS won:

7 in 2009
7 in 10 games in 2011
10 in 15 games in 2012
5 in 10 games in 2013

Yeah its a known fact that he can't win 6 games when he already did it 4 separate times and would have been a 5th if not for injury.

How did you manage to confuse yourself with your own point?

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It's not really a thought...it's a known fact

Right. I keep forgetting jay only lossrs gamrs. This why I dont take you seriously. Literally the only people who have good arguments about Cutler is airtime, gphat and oujii. The rest just parrot each other and throw out fanboy all the time

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Pretty sure that is what Trestman tried to do last year and we all know how that turned out. Trestman tried to eliminate the deep ball and compensate with short passes to get Cutler in a rhythm and inspire some confidence within himself but Cutler is in the end still Cutler and managed to lead the league in turnovers despite the career high in completion percentage and the career low in YPA.

That is true- but with Cutlers career long struggles, he was actually on a decent track for a while early on.
His insistence of chucking wing and a prayer jump balls still hurt, and his panicing in the pocket hurt, but even I can see a value in what he did early last year to a degree.

Trestman did screw the pooch by trimming out the cluster fuck plays and not bringing anything in to replace them as well... the playbook shrank and shrank along with Cutlers effectiveness.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It'll be nice having a coaching staff that isn't trying to fit a guy into an offense he doesn't work in.

What about Jay's past did Trestman see that made him think this guy is a good fit for a WCO and has the ability to make pre-snap reads?

Denver. When he was doing that

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
The fanboysz are getting upset again

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Right. I keep forgetting jay only lossrs gamrs. This why I dont take you seriously. Literally the only people who have good arguments about Cutler is airtime, gphat and oujii. The rest just parrot each other and throw out fanboy all the time

What exactly are you talking about?

Was he not 5-6 as the starter in 2013?

RisWell

Liked Posts:
He HAS won:

7 in 2009
7 in 10 games in 2011
10 in 15 games in 2012
5 in 10 games in 2013

My fellow Bear fan. We no longer are a defensive stacked team led by Urlacher and Peppers.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I am not a fan boy. I have been on record saying that we need to start over at QB. But you have to find a replacement you are confident with.

What is really pathetic though is people that just make shit up for the sake of their own argument. Saying that Cutler can not win 6 games when he did it 4 times is not only stupid, but it is trolling.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I am not a fan boy. I have been on record saying that we need to start over at QB. But you have to find a replacement you are confident with.

What is really pathetic though is people that just make shit up for the sake of their own argument. Saying that Cutler can not win 6 games when he did it 4 times is not only stupid, but it is trolling.

You said this...not I.

It's fun to see you troll yourself though

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
My fellow Bear fan. We no longer are a defensive stacked team led by Urlacher and Peppers.

Check the league stats. We were good at defense (not top 5) in 2010 and the first half of 2012. We were middle of the pack in 2011 and bottom 5 in 2009.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
That is true- but with Cutlers career long struggles, he was actually on a decent track for a while early on.
His insistence of chucking wing and a prayer jump balls still hurt, and his panicing in the pocket hurt, but even I can see a value in what he did early last year to a degree.

Trestman did screw the pooch by trimming out the cluster fuck plays and not bringing anything in to replace them as well... the playbook shrank and shrank along with Cutlers effectiveness.

Absolutely. By no means did I mean to cut Trestman a break as he hurt the team as much as Jay did. Just saying that the dink and dunk approach has been tried with Cutler with more or less the same results as the deep ball approach.

I personally see it as Cutler will throw interceptions regardless of playing as a check down Charlie like last year or going deep but at least with going deep there is a chance to get chunk yards. Cutler's biggest deficiencies include inability to read a D and the inability to limit turnovers and those two factors combined make it very tough to run that type of O.