BR: Bears Trying To Trade Cutler to get Mariota

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think it is moreso of Clausen being familiar with Fox and getting another shot

That right there gives me pause about fox.
If clausen is viewed as legit competition, then get ready for more of the same ol same ol around here.

....oh well- 2015 will be fun anyway watching the defensive transition.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Cutler's ceiling: 4000 yards, 30 TDs, 12 INTs, 90 QB Rating
Cuter's floor: 3500 yards, 30 TDs, 25 INT's, 80 QB Rating

Notice the difference? Just cut down on turnovers and he can be a good QB. It's a mindset. It can be done.

No offense...but Cutler's floor is somewhere between yours and his 2012 campaign.

FYI...Cutler has never thrown for 30 TDs in 1 season

Last edited:

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
That right there gives me pause about fox.
If clausen is viewed as legit competition, then get ready for more of the same ol same ol around here.

....oh well- 2015 will be fun anyway watching the defensive transition.

Well Fox was looking at bringing in Delhomme, until word was that he retired.

RisWell

Liked Posts:
Because nothing has shown Clausen doing as well as Jay unless you are counting that ONE game. Thats the type of shit that gets McCown or Flynn good money
Clausen is a mediocre QB. What he has shown is he can be just as mediocre as Cutler. Cutler aint winning more then 6 games and same goes for Clausen. So for the thousandth time why pay a QB 15 million a year who plays like a 6 figure QB.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:

Notice the difference? Just cut down on turnovers and he can be a good QB. It's a mindset. It can be done.

How is his floor 30 TDs when he has never thrown for that amount in almost a decade? He has also never had an interception total as low as 12 when playing more than 11 games.

That mindset you speak of is something numerous coaches have attempted to change but 9 years later remains the same.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

What?!
He has had zero 30 td seasons, and you call it his floor?
He has had 3 out of 9 seasons above 3500 yards and you call it his floor?

If pressed to come up with a scenario where Cutler performed very well over a full season, the only thing I could come up with would be to handcuff him on the deep throws and have him play an Alex Smith style season.
20 tds and less than 10 ints with 3000-3800 yards would be a refreshing, ACHIEVABLE goal for Cutler if they use him right. letting him try and play the deep game has got to stop. He sucks at it.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
He has thrown in the upper 20s in TDs several times.

I was just showing that his ceiling vs floor is not much of a difference in TDs, but the reduction of INTs.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Clausen is a mediocre QB. What he has shown is he can be just as mediocre as Cutler. Cutler aint winning more then 6 games and same goes for Clausen. So for the thousandth time why pay a QB 15 million a year who plays like a 6 figure QB.

Cutler won more than 6 games EVERY year but last year. Get the fuck out of here.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, the numbers you pulled straight out of your ass are very enlightening, thanks for sharing.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:

I was just showing that his ceiling vs floor is not much of a difference in TDs, but the reduction of INTs.

He has thrown in the upper 20s a grand total of two times. Last year when he led the league in turnovers and 2009 when he led the league in turnovers.

6 of his 9 seasons he has thrown less than 25 TDs. 5 of his 9 seasons under 3500 yards. 7 of his 9 seasons he has thrown 14+ interceptions.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Well Fox was looking at bringing in Delhomme, until word was that he retired.

vomit-loop-o.gif

TheDane

Liked Posts:

"Just" cut down on turnovers? Many coaches has failed when trying to minimize Jay's turnovers, and all have lost their job partly because of that. I think it's incredibly naive to think that all of a sudden everything's gonna change for Jay in his tenth season in the league. I hope it does, but do I believe it? Hell no. Jay is what he is. A gunslinger that's gonna make several mental mistakes just about every game, and many of them will be punished by the opponents.

Also, how do you figure that Jay's floor is 30 TD's, when he's never once accomplished that in this league? Was that sarcasm I just didn't pick up on, or what?

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild

Actually there is...he's not throwing a lot of TD if he's cutting down on his INTs

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He has thrown in the upper 20s a grand total of two times. Last year when he led the league in turnovers and 2009 when he led the league in turnovers.

6 of his 9 seasons he has thrown less than 25 TDs.

Yup-
He has always played high risk-high reward, and a high TD count always equals a high int count.
Those two numbers will always be hand and hand with him.
dropping the risky throws will affect the good and the bad equally.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:

6 of his 9 seasons he has thrown less than 25 TDs. 5 of his 9 seasons under 3500 yards. 7 of his 9 seasons he has thrown 14+ interceptions.

And those 2 years were closer to his floor. So maybe his floor and ceiling are not so much dependent on number of TDs, but number of INTs.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
And those 2 years were closer to his floor. So maybe his floor and ceiling are not so much dependent on number of TDs, but number of INTs.

Ding ding- we have a winner.
the only way to reclaim him is to eliminate the risky shit, and maybe trim his game to an alex smith style ball control game. anything else will result in the same old Cutler.