Bulls Jerseys

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
Re: Ladd to ATL for 2nd Round Pick & Vishnevskiy

I am right pissed off and disapointed. And in total shock right now. It's going to take me a while to come down from this major disapointment. Once I do I will be able to see the forest for the trees. But right now my initial reaction is one of complete frustration. And I don't want to play the "who would you rather have Sharp or Ladd" game. I wanted both damn it and there were ways to make it happen.

And I am not happy about the return either. We gave up a hard working grinding winger for a soft prospect blueliner and YES Vishnevskiy is SOFT!!! Losing a lot of grit and character this off season and getting very little back in return. I'm not impressed. Was Vishnevsky a real need for this club? I don't think so. Sorry guys not impressed with this deal. The second round pick is always nice though.

I have all the faith in the world on our farm system and a lot of our prospects. But I am not buying into the idea that guys like Kyle Beach are going to be immediate impact players for the Hawks. Sorry...not buying it. Maybe 3 years down the road when they get some NHL time under their belts. Which is fine. But I am now very skepticle of this team repeating now which I would have loved to have seen.

Let me explain this in basic terms once again. THE NHL CAP SUCKS MY BALLS!!!

I think this move was actually a decent one. Vishnevskiy is a solid prospect which we can add to Rockford and another 2nd round pick for next years draft just helps us keep replenishing the system.

Sure while Ladd was a great role-player, he wasn't going to be a 60 point scorer on this team, might as well get what we can while we can.

[quote name="the canadian dream"]I am right pissed off and disapointed. And in total shock right now. It's going to take me a while to come down from this major disapointment. Once I do I will be able to see the forest for the trees. But right now my initial reaction is one of complete frustration. And I don't want to play the "who would you rather have Sharp or Ladd" game. I wanted both damn it and there were ways to make it happen.

And I am not happy about the return either. We gave up a hard working grinding winger for a soft prospect blueliner and YES Vishnevskiy is SOFT!!! Losing a lot of grit and character this off season and getting very little back in return. I'm not impressed. Was Vishnevsky a real need for this club? I don't think so. Sorry guys not impressed with this deal. The second round pick is always nice though.

I have all the faith in the world on our farm system and a lot of our prospects. But I am not buying into the idea that guys like Kyle Beach are going to be immediate impact players for the Hawks. Sorry...not buying it. Maybe 3 years down the road when they get some NHL time under their belts. Which is fine. But I am now very skepticle of this team repeating now which I would have loved to have seen.

Let me explain this in basic terms once again. THE NHL CAP SUCKS MY BALLS!!![/quote]

Yeah, the Cap does suck, but this is what makes great teams great, the ability to realize who their core guys are, get rid of the guys they can't keep, and replenish the system.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:

TCD...I'm just happy you're alive.

I was thinking of calling the cops to check on you.

Hang in there....

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:

Yes we kept the core intact. We have a lot of solid players still here, but when you step back and look at it from up high you essetially get:

Buff

Eager

Sopel

Ladd

Versteeg

Burish (yes even Burish)

Are now all gone with officially nothing but Reasoner to be guaranteed on the roster next year. that's 5-6 players that had considerable amounts of playing time last year, all having to no be replaced with unknown quantities. Each move in it's own looks decent, but you put them all together and we will need to replace 1/3-1/4 of the roster. As of right now it will be mostly prospects and unproven talent.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:

[quote name="TJD"]I think this move was actually a decent one. Vishnevskiy is a solid prospect which we can add to Rockford and another 2nd round pick for next years draft just helps us keep replenishing the system.

Sure while Ladd was a great role-player, he wasn't going to be a 60 point scorer on this team, might as well get what we can while we can.[/quote]

I agree but it's not about 60 point guys here. We have those and I am very happy that out core will be intact there was nothing I wanted more. But we are losing our key role players and Ladd was actually one of the best in the league. Another very strong defensive forward gone from our roster and having to dig up a farm player to try and replace that isn't going to be as easy as some people think. and who is going to make Kesler look like the biggest asshole now? sigh. Steeg and Ladd were Canuck killers and that is another reason I am going to miss both guys. I am actually going to go cry now lol. God I loved Andrew Ladd. GO ATLANTA IN THE EAST!!

Guys like Brouwer better have career years next season. They are going to be relied on more than ever. Love the Brouwer though and I have all the faith in the world in his game.

I'm just shocked. I know the realities of the Cap and I know this team was going to have a new look next season. But by god damn it I thought Ladd would be saved from this mess lol.

Rdrhwke

Liked Posts:

[quote name="MassHavoc"]Yes we kept the core intact. We have a lot of solid players still here, but when you step back and look at it from up high you essetially get:

Buff

Eager

Sopel

Ladd

Versteeg

Burish (yes even Burish)

Are now all gone with officially nothing but Reasoner to be guaranteed on the roster next year. that's 5-6 players that had considerable amounts of playing time last year, all having to no be replaced with unknown quantities. Each move in it's own looks decent, but you put them all together and we will need to replace 1/3-1/4 of the roster. As of right now it will be mostly prospects and unproven talent.[/quote]

Been thinking the same myself.

Nothing wrong getting the extra picks and loading up for down the road. But are the Hawks depending too much on some of their young prospects being able to fill the voids created by the departures?

phranchk

Liked Posts:

[quote name="Rdrhwke"]

Been thinking the same myself.

Nothing wrong getting the extra picks and loading up for down the road. But are the Hawks depending too much on some of their young prospects being able to fill the voids created by the departures?[/quote]

Don't forget that loading up on these picks and prospects can lead to veteran guys in the way of trades if needed down the line.

phranchk

Liked Posts:

The more I think about this deal the more I realize its a great move. The Hawks likely weren't going to be able to match his highest offer and would have basically gotten a 2nd round pick for compensation. Now we get a second round pick and a prospect. So getting anything beyond a 2nd round pick is basically a win.

Rdrhwke

Liked Posts:

[quote name="phranchk"]

Don't forget that loading up on these picks and prospects can lead to veteran guys in the way of trades if needed down the line.[/quote]

I understand what you're saying and I can agree with exploring those possibilities but I was speaking more in terms of the upcoming season and if the Hawks are depending soley on some of their younger guys taking over for Buff, Steeg and Ladd.

phranchk

Liked Posts:

[quote name="Rdrhwke"]

I understand what you're saying and I can agree with exploring those possibilities but I was speaking more in terms of the upcoming season and if the Hawks are depending soley on some of their younger guys taking over for Buff, Steeg and Ladd.[/quote]

They were all pretty young guys we were already depending on. It will probably take them a good portion of the season to get the experience they need, or maybe even a season +.

Though, Ladd will be the hardest to replace.

BiscuitintheBasket

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

[quote name="R K"]

Remind them...

Toews

Kane

Hossa

Sharp

Bolland

Brouwer

Keith

Seabrook

Campbell

Hjarlmarsson

More talent right there than on at least 20 NHL clubs including all FIVE Canadian Teams![/quote]

Don't forget Kopecky.

Exactly. And technically, the 'Hawks only lost their 3rd line. A 3rd line that was an extreme luxury to have.

Top two lines can match up with any one. There is some good talent in the pipeline that we have already seen that can fill in for that 3rd line checking role. \

I do suspect that perhaps the team is trying to keep Madden for another season and/or looking for another vet to help with the 3rd/4th line.

This team is far from dead, just lost some luxury that a very small number of team in the league barely had.

Though I do have to say that Ladd was one that I thought would be back, as he plays his role very well. Guess to keep some other key guys, more money was needed.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

[quote name="PatrickSharpRules"]

Hahah, Keith Jones said the Canucks are better. Just like people said they would beat us two years ago, and this year. When will these morons wake up, the Canucks will never win shit.[/quote]

Jones said they're better on paper and I laughed my ass off cuz they always suck on ice against the Hawks when it counts.

Maiden

Liked Posts:

[quote name="Mikita's Helmet"]

Jones said they're better on paper and I laughed my ass off cuz they always suck on ice against the Hawks when it counts.[/quote]

Keith Jones sucked on the ice AND on paper.

esbrechtel

Liked Posts:

I was most upset because Ladd and Bolland were great on that shut down line and they played so well together...

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:

Cap sucks, but so does giving mammoth contracts to players, which is a big reason the depth is being shipped out.

[quote name="roshinaya"]Cap sucks, but so does giving mammoth contracts to players, which is a big reason the depth is being shipped out.[/quote]

having massive talent, which deem large contracts are why depth is being shipped out.

One contract can not be blamed on this but MULTIPLE contracts because there is SO MUCH talent, is why. Buff and Versteeg making 3 plus Mil per year certainly didn't help.

The Lockout was supposed to curb these Salaries but did FAR FROM IT.

how many players do we have making over 5 mil per year.

7? Thats over half the Cap right there.

bri

Liked Posts:

I will miss the Lard Ladd and hope he does well for Blackhawks South.

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:

But THAT one contract is what is causing a lot of problems. Had it been a couple of millions cheaper then there wouldn't be questions if the Hawks can keep Hammer or Niemi. But that contract is here to stay for the rest of the term and will be there when Kane and Toews are up for a new one. And that fact is quite irritating.

But looking on the bright side, Hawks will have to ice a roster that is 4m under the cap this one year and next year when the cap will more than likely stay the same or even rise, the Hawks will have more than enough cap space to re-sign Seabs and maybe even extend Sharp.

JOVE23

Liked Posts:

[quote name="bri"]I will miss the Lard Ladd and hope he does well for Blackhawks South.[/quote]

I coined the new name "Thrashhawks" today, I think it fits well.