Bulls' Mirotic: 'I'm not feeling the same confidence I was before

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Mirotic has star potential--he's a playmaker. That is his strength.

His lack of confidence stems from the team not giving him the ball enough. There's a serious lack of trust on this team that is pervasive.

We have too many people looking to score on this team.

Lol....he is not a play maker. How does anyone watch Niko and label him a play maker? I'm dying to know.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lol....he is not a play maker. How does anyone watch Niko and label him a play maker? I'm dying to know.

I watch him and he can beat guys off of the dribble. He's in a slump is all. Whatever Hoiberg's offense is doesn't really suit his game and he doesn't get many minutes right now. Apparently Hoiberg is in love with McDermott's game instead.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
All of a sudden Mirotic is this high level point forward in waiting? Suddenly he's Dirk...but better? To the person that said that...have you EVER seen Dirk in his prime play basketball? They have to somehow build his confidence, and he will play better...but I am not prepared at all to compare him to the greatest Euro player in league history. I also don't like the idea of him being "the playmaker" with other guys who seem more adept at creating offense for themselves as others on the team.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Not many saw the potential in Jimmy Butler a few years ago, but I called it. The same folks who doubted and criticized me about Butler are the same people doubting Mirotic now.

The kid can flat out play. He's not a particularly good defender at this point, but really, who is anymore? I think he's as good as a Dirk Nowitzki, but with much more versatility. Mirotic just needs a bigger role and a coach who's willing let him develop. Guys like Gasol and Taj keep him from getting the minutes he needs, which is why they should be traded.

If you said 2, 3 years ago that Butler would be a perennial allstar as it seems he will be for the next 5 or so years, props to you...I don't remember seeing anyone post something like that on this forum.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Niko Mirotic is better than Dirk in every way. Except offense. In which is he much, much, MUCH worse.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Niko is not even close to a play maker. Thanks for the laugh though.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Niko is not even close to a play maker. Thanks for the laugh though.

Niko needs to start by pruning his shot selection to open 22-25 foot standard 3 pointers. He has more play making ability than you think, more than say Snell or Gibson. He can't use his penetration if he isn't forcing players desperately out to him. His game has lost patience and efficiency. He is playing stupid and falling into the lack of teamwork his starting guards display. We should have multiple shooters and penetrators getting to dangerous spots and putting pressure on D in every possession, instead we have no system utilyzing our players many diverse abilities and just take turns spending energy rather than collaborating.

I can't judge any one player watching this team. I see a lot of talent, every skill and size and ability I could want other that shooting ability of my starting backcourt.

I'm about to the point where I think our best chemistry

Hinrich-Butler-McDermott-Gibson-Gasol

And bench mobbed

Rose-Brooks-snell-Niko-Portis.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
If you said 2, 3 years ago that Butler would be a perennial allstar as it seems he will be for the next 5 or so years, props to you...I don't remember seeing anyone post something like that on this forum.

Yep, I said it. The regular posters who criticized me for it know who they are. :smug2:

Not trying to gloat, but basically everything I've posted on this board for the past two years has come to fruition.

I'll admit I was wrong about Gasol--turned out to be the best FA pickup by the Bulls since Rodman.

Too bad he came here four years too late. Swap Boozer out with Gasol and the Bulls would have probably beat Miami in 2011.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I have lost hope for this team. Hoiberg hasn't shown shit as a head coach and we have two of the worst GMs/P in any sport out there. Cheap ass owner to boot. Right now the team is unwatchable and getting worse by the minute.

I also am sick watching Gasol play his half assed game and most of the team standing around watching someone else go one on one trying to score. All the while fat assed Reinny counts his fucking money and laughs at the sorry SOBs buying his product.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I have lost hope for this team. Hoiberg hasn't shown shit as a head coach and we have two of the worst GMs/P in any sport out there. Cheap ass owner to boot. Right now the team is unwatchable and getting worse by the minute.

I also am sick watching Gasol play his half assed game and most of the team standing around watching someone else go one on one trying to score. All the while fat assed Reinny counts his fucking money and laughs at the sorry SOBs buying his product.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Yep, I said it. The regular posters who criticized me for it know who they are. :smug2:

Not trying to gloat, but basically everything I've posted on this board for the past two years has come to fruition.

I'll admit I was wrong about Gasol--turned out to be the best FA pickup by the Bulls since Rodman.

Too bad he came here four years too late. Swap Boozer out with Gasol and the Bulls would have probably beat Miami in 2011.

love it lol

PolarBear

Liked Posts:

Jesus, I would hate to see what you would do if you were a Philly fan...

This team is once again having a winning season and you are complaining like this team is the Cleveland Browns.

Yes, I do understand this team is unlikely to win a championship, but unwatchable? The one guy you complain about is Gasol out of everyone?

There are probably 3 teams with realistic championship aspirations out of 30, the Bulls aren't there but our GM and P have been outstanding at finding and drafting contributing players.

The biggest downfall of this team has nothing to do with GarPax. It has to do with the Rose's unfortunate injuries. If Rose never does his ACL, the Bulls might have a ring or would have at least probably made a Finals series. They would have realistic championship aspirations this year. This is what happens when a superstar who is locked up to a big deal gets hurt.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jesus, I would hate to see what you would do if you were a Philly fan...

This team is once again having a winning season and you are complaining like this team is the Cleveland Browns.

Yes, I do understand this team is unlikely to win a championship, but unwatchable? The one guy you complain about is Gasol out of everyone?

There are probably 3 teams with realistic championship aspirations out of 30, the Bulls aren't there but our GM and P have been outstanding at finding and drafting contributing players.

The biggest downfall of this team has nothing to do with GarPax. It has to do with the Rose's unfortunate injuries. If Rose never does his ACL, the Bulls might have a ring or would have at least probably made a Finals series. They would have realistic championship aspirations this year. This is what happens when a superstar who is locked up to a big deal gets hurt.

You are entitled to your opinion certainly. I just think that the Buls had chances to win championships in the last seven years and blew it by not adding the necessary player or players to win them. Win didn't they makes trades for impact players? Gasol is the only guy they brought in and they paid on the cheap for him. Why can't Paxson sign quality free agents? That is on him and Reinny to make Chicago a good landing spot but they fail to do so. I think it has something big to do with Paxson's arrogance.

I will never forgive Garfield Goose for his uneven handling of Thibs who I consider a great coach and many in the NBA do also.

But I will give you this, I do not blame Gar/Pax as much as I do Reinny. CHicago deserves better than it ownership groups other than Rocky with the BlackHawks. The rest of them suck.

JefferyNotJefferies

Liked Posts:

He's a great and willing passer and is extremely mobile. He can also take guys off the dribble. In what universe is he not?

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Typical Bulls fans get very euphoric after a big win.

However, I think people are finally waking up to one fact: this team is built to win regular season games, not championships.

As for Mirotic, what you saw from him last night illustrates my point. The kid can play. He is one of the most versatile bigs in the NBA. Being able to shoot from anywhere on the court AND consistently create offensive plays off the dribble is the definition of a playmaker.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
He's a great and willing passer and is extremely mobile. He can also take guys off the dribble. In what universe is he not?

I wouldn't call him a willing passer. Passing the ball doesn't make you a great and willing passer. As far as beating guys off the dribble, who does he beat off the dribble? I personally think his ball handling is the most overrated part of his game. The scouting report on niko is chase him off the 3 PT line, don't go for his pump fakes, and force him to put the ball on the floor. I just would never equate niko and play maker. How many assists is he averaging? Does he intimidate anyone on the opposing team with the ball in his hand? He's a functional ball handler. No more and no less.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
So niko consistently beats guys off the dribble now? He's one of the most inconsistent guys on the team.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I wouldn't call him a willing passer. Passing the ball doesn't make you a great and willing passer. As far as beating guys off the dribble, who does he beat off the dribble? I personally think his ball handling is the most overrated part of his game. The scouting report on niko is chase him off the 3 PT line, don't go for his pump fakes, and force him to put the ball on the floor. I just would never equate niko and play maker. How many assists is he averaging? Does he intimidate anyone on the opposing team with the ball in his hand? He's a functional ball handler. No more and no less.

an assist to turnover ratio almost as good as Rose's, despite a lower usage rating too :troll:

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Mirotic has clearly demonstrated his offensive skills. I see no point in arguing about this.

When he plays well, the Bulls win. Period.

Getting him into the starting lineup and getting him the ball is the best thing for the Bulls right now.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
an assist to turnover ratio almost as good as Rose's, despite a lower usage rating too :troll:

So he handles the ball less and has "almost as good" assist to turnover ratio as rose? Not sure what you're trying to insinuate here.

Listen, if guys feel differently about him that's fine. Simply disagreeing doesn't make one a troll. Niko is extremely streaky and inconsistent. Until he finds some level of consistency, i can't get too excited about what skills he's shown sporadically. It's about consistent results.