Chase Daniel and Trey Wingo destroying narratives regarding Justin fields

msadows

Liked Posts:
Why wouldn't any Bears fan become a C.Williams fan if he was drafted by the Bears? That is their team. I hate Bryce Harper but if he got traded to the New York Mets i would be a Bryce Harper fan.

Yea, most of us fields fans won't be mad if they draft caleb and we will understand it.

I'l lalso root for fields to succeed wherever he goes next. Black Rainbow thinks we have some kind of grudge against williams.

In reality a lot of us know that fields is good enough to win with, and sure maybe caleb ends up much better, but if he's worse you will set the franchise back another decade.

With fields and those draft picks this is a playoff team 100% next year. You know what his floor is.

jive

Liked Posts:
I think if you compare what williams did against bottom 10 defenses vs. what fields did against national title contenders its pretty easy to see which is the better college QB too.

Caleb would be drawing lil unicorns on his cast during halftime of the CFB playoffs while fields was out there dropping dimes.
True dat.

Even though we didn't win, Fields played pretty well against the #1 NFL defense (CLE).

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
All these meatballs will magically turn into Caleb Williams super-fans, who never questioned his ability, wanted him all along - and of course - saw that Justin wasn't the guy DURING year three.

If we draft Williams, the backpedaling will begin. It might be right after he holds up that Bears jersey during the draft or when he throws his first TD...but it will happen.

I'd specifically @ the biggest offenders, but I'd get banned for a call-out, even when I've seen mods do call-outs.
And what happens if Fields doesn’t play consistently and we see him play ball like he did in those bad games early in the seeason? What then?

There’s no right or wrong answer. Both ways are a risk. If JF was that guy, people wouldn’t be questioning him right now. If Caleb Williams was 100% going to be a bonafide player, people wouldn’t be questioning it right now.

All a GM can do right now is try to take the best risk he thinks will pan out. Then see how it transpires. Nobody knows and the GM won’t know how everything will pan out. It’s impossible to know. You go with your gut and hard and educated decision and hope for the best. And he’s earned the right to go with what he wants because they hired him to be the GM. Until he’s out, then he doesn’t have that right. The next man up has the right.

People can play the “I told you so” after everything transpires but they didn’t fucking know either. Just cause you guessed something that came out right, doesn’t mean you knew. It’s just a coincidence.

jive

Liked Posts:
In reality a lot of us know that fields is good enough to win with, and sure maybe caleb ends up much better, but if he's worse you will set the franchise back another decade.

With fields and those draft picks this is a playoff team 100% next year. You know what his floor is.
Setting the franchise back is definitely something to consider, especially with all the progress made over this season. That would be a kick in the balls with a steel toe boot.

msadows

Liked Posts:
And what happens if Fields doesn’t play consistently and we see him play ball like he did in those bad games early in the seeason? What then?

There’s no right or wrong answer. Both ways are a risk. If JF was that guy, people wouldn’t be questioning him right now. If Caleb Williams was 100% going to be a bonafide player, people wouldn’t be questioning it right now.

All a GM can do right now is try to take the best risk he thinks will pan out. Then see how it transpires. Nobody knows and the GM won’t know how everything will pan out. It’s impossible to know. You go with your gut and hard and educated decision and hope for the best. And he’s earned the right to go with what he wants because they hired him to be the GM. Until he’s out, then he doesn’t have that right. The next man up has the right.

People can play the “I told you so” after everything transpires but they didn’t fucking know either. Just cause you guessed something that came out right, doesn’t mean you knew. It’s just a coincidence.

Fields is a much lower risk, imo, cause if you trade down you likely get another 1st next year from a bad team.

Then in 2025 you'd have two firsts, one being a likely top 10 pick, and 2 seconds(if not more) to use as ammunition to trade up for a QB if fields isn't it.

I'm done falling in love with prospects when guys like Josh Allen and Lamar and Mahomie end up the best in the NFL while the highly touted guys like zach wilson, darnold, rosen, etc suck balls.

Would not shock me at all if caleb ends up sucking and the best QB in this class is a dude like penix JR.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If Poles passes on Williams despite knowing he’s better than Fields, that’s foolish.

And to defend it because of uncertainty is the mentality of a scared loser.

It is not passing on Williams for Fields. It is passing on Williams for Fields plus 4 other players.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I think that if you compare what Williams did against college defenses to what Justin Fields has done against NFL defenses, most conservative to moderate decision makers would choose Fields.
Williams had a 93:14 TD:INT over his career, won a Heisman, and had an elite and consistent QBR every year.

Putting aside the idea that there really isn't any good way to compare college and pro QBing, in what way does compare unfavorably to what Fields has done in his Bears career?

jive

Liked Posts:
Williams had a 93:14 TD:INT over his career, won a Heisman, and had an alite and consistent QBR every year.

Putting aside the idea that there really isn't any good way to compare college and pro QBing, in what way does compare unfavorably to what Fields has done in his Bears career?
Take a look at what he did against the best college defenses, because even the worst NFL defenses will be better.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Fields is a much lower risk, imo, cause if you trade down you likely get another 1st next year from a bad team.

Then in 2025 you'd have two firsts, one being a likely top 10 pick, and 2 seconds(if not more) to use as ammunition to trade up for a QB if fields isn't it.

I'm done falling in love with prospects when guys like Josh Allen and Lamar and Mahomie end up the best in the NFL while the highly touted guys like zach wilson, darnold, rosen, etc suck balls.

Would not shock me at all if caleb ends up sucking and the best QB in this class is a dude like penix JR.
We all our. Unfortunately we don’t know who will actually pan out.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Take a look at what he did against the best college defenses, because even the worst NFL defenses will be better.
He had one bad game.

And that doesn't make sense anyway. You said to look at what he did in college, not what he did against Notre Dame.

Look at Pat Mahomes against several defense that were much worse than the best USC faced. He threw multiple picks like 6 times, including 4 in one game.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Fields is toast. Do you really think the Bears want to pay 40-50 million a year to a QB that runs 10-12 times a game? Fields has already missed 10 games in 2 1/2 years. This is a Daniel jones situation all over again if they Bears pass on Williams.

I watched the video. Chase Daniel’s just said if they build around Fields he can be a top 10-15 QB. Who the heck wants that? That’s his ceiling? Being average????

I want an elite QB for once. Bears deserve it. Caleb can be a top 5 QB. I’ll take my chances with greatness vs mediocrity for a few years until fields body breaks down from injury from running the football

Knew I'd trigger you with that one. :smug2:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
It is not passing on Williams for Fields. It is passing on Williams for Fields plus 4 other players.
We'll get 1 or 2 picks for Fields. I'm not taking anything lower than a 2nd and 4th or 5th for him.

bufordht

Liked Posts:
If Poles passes on Williams despite knowing he’s better than Fields, that’s foolish.

And to defend it because of uncertainty is the mentality of a scared loser.

Yes, you are 100% correct. If poles has a crystal ball and he knows that Williams will be better, he should definitely take him.

The very best evaluators in the world are wrong about 60% of the time. That has to enter the equation.

Remy has explained it very thoroughly for you.

It's like paying $1,000 for the chance to throw a football into a trash can from 30 yards and win 10k. It's silly to not even consider that you can only hit a trash can 40% of the time. It's part of the decision.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Yea, most of us fields fans won't be mad if they draft caleb and we will understand it.

I'l lalso root for fields to succeed wherever he goes next. Black Rainbow thinks we have some kind of grudge against williams.

The opening of that 3rd paragraph is what scares me the most about bears fans in general. Fields is good enough to win with. ORLY? I'm fairly certain the entire point of this football exercise is to be in the thick of it every year and ultimately win Superbowls. If anyone can legitimately see that with Fields I'd argue you're probably still seeing the same ghosts you seen as a child.

I love Justin Fields. But I can't name a time in NFL history a QB started off with a career like his, And then went on to not only be a perennial playoff caliber QB, but a QB capable of winning championships against the best teams the NFL has to offer. It would be unprecedented. Playing well, clutch when all the chips are down and the money is on the line, because in the playoffs you're going to get tested in a big way.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Cowheard said the Wilson thing, so yeah, I've seen the Fields' haters using it already. More so on Facebook groups.

Also, it's YOU'RE, as in YOU ARE PULLING....god that shit bothers me.
In a hurry prepping for work today but no excuse. Your got me. LOL.
That said, the quote I responded to was from MJY who specifically pointed at this board.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think the point is you know Fields can start in the NFL whereas there is a 60-65% chance Williams will bust.
Is that the actual bust rate of draft picks?

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I can see all sides, but the “You don’t know what you have in a college player” is the laziest damn take when talking about whether to move on from someone.

Is there ever a circumstance when a team should ever draft any player ever?

After all, most drafted players bust.
After all, we’ve seen later drafted players succeed, so why draft toward the top?
After all, I’m scared that this guy won’t be as good.

It’s your job to get the evaluation right, so get the evaluation right.

If you think one of the QBs in this draft can be better than Fields, draft him. If not, don’t.

It’s your job to find Mahomes and pass on Trubisky.

It’s your job to find Stroud and pass on Young.

Enough with being scared that guys won’t work out. It’s the Bears’ brass fucking job to get this shit right. And “We don’t know what this guy will be” doesn’t cut it.
Of course it's their job to get it right.....what part of 100 years of getting it wrong is confusing you? Like Detroit not winning SB's.....Bears being clueless on QB's is NFL lore. If you're a Bears fan and you get a guy like Fields, not great, but decent with some upside....you might as well keep him as you've seen the alternative choices over and over and over again.