Consider the source, but allegedly Watson is plan a, Wilson's plan b.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They said the same thing about Cutler, and he was younger.

Cutler, Mack....only the Bears need the same lesson 3 times.

Wilson has already proven to be a far better player than either of them.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It's not dumb at all.

YOU were the one who said about Mitch, "No QB could win behind this line. Not even Tom Brady."

That was Mitch fanboy talk. Several QBs could win on this team.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It won't be fun though. Really, we should know this by now. The Bears taking (and missing) big swings at quarterback is nothing new and every time it leads to more profound misery than the last desperate attempt. Sailing three years of Bears football into the sun for something different, just for the sake of something different, is awful.

Name one time in modern franchise history that the accumulative value of three consecutive years' first round draft picks by the Bears was equal to an elite QB like Watson or Wilson.

You can't.

The chances of any of the first round picks in 2021, 22, and 23 turning into an elite QB are next to zero.

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
All teams will have more cap next year, correct?
depends on how their contracts are set, but yes, the cap should go up next year, the point is that this year the Bears are in a pinch because of salary cap, but next year, it is not as bad, as of now, which will change will adjusted contracts, new contracts, the Bears are 82 million under the cap in 2022 and 114 million under the cap in 2023.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
I want a team that can win a SB. 32 yr old Wilson on a depleted, aging Bears roster, coached by Nagy ain't it.

It aint about winning SBs most of these meatballs just wanna sit at the cool kids table for a couple of years

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Cutler was high profile.

Nagy will make Wilson worse.

But the trade probably won't happen anyway.
Cutler was a solid QB, but please don’t compare him to Wilson or Watson. How will Nagy make Wilson worse? I think Wilson will allow Nagy to expand his playbook and actually be able to run a solid offense.

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cutler was a solid QB, but please don’t compare him to Wilson or Watson. How will Nagy make Wilson worse? I think Wilson will allow Nagy to expand his playbook and actually be able to run a solid offense.

I said Cutler was high profile. That's all. I don't want to go down that road.

I'm simply saying I think the Bears are better off NOT trading away multiple 1st round draft picks. They will absolutely suck next year, but they will be much better off in '22 & '23.

We need to have draft capital for the next HC, so he can get his own picks.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

I'm simply saying I think the Bears are better off NOT trading away multiple 1st round draft picks. They will absolutely suck next year, but they will be much better off in '22 & '23.

Well, if this is fueled by an overwhelming desire to get rid of Pace and Nagy, and a fear acquiring Wilson will foil that in the short term, I can at least respect that, even if I don't agree completely.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I would trade two firsts. That’s it. It’s not about meeting another teams price as much as it is about leaving enough of a roster post-trade to win games. There are twenty-two players on the field, focusing on one of them at the expense of literally everything else is a losing proposition and always has been.

maxhatter

Liked Posts:
I'm a minute into this segment and he says the Bears are going to give up 5 1st round picks, which isn't possible. Unless I'm mistaken, the max a team is allowed to give up is 3, is it not?
technically, you can give up 4 1st round draft picks on draft day by drafting the player Seattle wants at #20 and trading that player as well as your next 3 draft picks (2022, 2023 & 2024) to the Seahawks

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I think keeping our draft picks gives us a brighter future a year or two from now.
The long game. It's total pie in the sky horseshit. You're either winning now or losing now. Seriously, who gives a fuck about what the bears may or may not look like 5 years from now? You might not even be alive to see it.

That's some tripe bears fans been telling themselves since 85.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
The long game. It's total pie in the sky horseshit. You're either winning now or losing now. Seriously, who gives a fuck about what the bears may or may not look like 5 years from now? You might not even be alive to see it.
This philosophy meets its final conclusion with this incarnation of the Houston Texans. A team with literally no future, a roster of nobodies and not even third overall to show for it.

Meanwhile Bill Belichick stockpiled picks looking ahead to the future every draft with savvy trade downs. Won six rings. Twenty year franchise golden age.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
This philosophy meets its final conclusion with this incarnation of the Houston Texans. A team with literally no future, a roster of nobodies and not even third overall to show for it.

Meanwhile Bill Belichick stockpiled picks looking ahead to the future every draft with savvy trade downs. Won six rings. Twenty year franchise golden age.

The bears are not run by B.B and never will be. Hence the pie in the sky. There are VERY few teams in the nfl that play the long game well and the ones that have had HOF QBs to stabilize the franchise.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

lol

BB did NOT win all those rings because of his draft picks.

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

That's some tripe bears fans been telling themselves since 85.

Keeping your draft picks is "pie in the sky bullshit."

Ok. We are in the desperate situation we are in now because Pace traded away so many draft picks.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:

Well you went down that road. You clearly said Wilson would regress because of Nagy. So why do you think that

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Stopped listening after he said 5 first round picks. How can a guy who talks to millions about sports not understand the rules that we fans do?
He doesn't have too. All he needs to do 8s be controversial