Consider the source, but allegedly Watson is plan a, Wilson's plan b.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
How do you know the Chiefs are next in line? This board sure likes to speak definitively about things that can possibly be proven or known. Always short on facts, always long on conjecture and baseball speculation.

The Patriots for twenty zigged while everyone zagged. Very nearly every year they had the oldest roster in the NFL and the heaviest roster in the NFL. While everyone was trying to be young, fast and dynamic the Patriots were plodding, methodical and savvy. There was logic to their success and it was emulated by the Saints, Seahawks and 49ers to varying degrees of success.
It was Brady.

Please tell me how The 9ers,Hawks and Saints emulated the Patriots?

Legion of Boom emulated Patriots?
Kalernick and Fangios zone defense emulated the Patriots?
Bounty gate and Saints 5 billion yards on offense emulated the Patriots?

It was Brady.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
How do you know the Chiefs are next in line? This board sure likes to speak definitively about things that can possibly be proven or known. Always short on facts, always long on conjecture and baseball speculation.

The Patriots for twenty zigged while everyone zagged. Very nearly every year they had the oldest roster in the NFL and the heaviest roster in the NFL. While everyone was trying to be young, fast and dynamic the Patriots were plodding, methodical and savvy. There was logic to their success and it was emulated by the Saints, Seahawks and 49ers to varying degrees of success.
The Chiefs are likely next in line, feel better? They're on a run with no signs of slowing down. They have the best young QB in the game who's on the short road to Canton. A head coach who's a true visionary on the offensive side of the ball and knows how to deploy his weapons. Barring injury they're not falling from grace anytime soon.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
It was Brady.

Please tell me how The 9ers,Hawks and Saints emulated the Patriots?

Legion of Boom emulated Patriots?
Kalernick and Fangios zone defense emulated the Patriots?
Bounty gate and Saints 5 billion yards on offense emulated the Patriots?

It was Brady.
The Seahawks feature a strong power run game. When it came to pick who they were going to keep out of their defense they let the Legion of Boom all walk while keeping KJ Wright and Bobby Wagner.
The Saints are massive. One of the biggest teams in the NFL every year. They stopped being the high flying turf team years ago.
I am referring to the Shanahan 49ers, not the Harbaugh 49ers.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
The Chiefs are likely next in line, feel better? They're on a run with no signs of slowing down. They have the best young QB in the game who's on the short road to Canton. A head coach who's a true visionary on the offensive side of the ball and knows how to deploy his weapons. Barring injury they're not falling from grace anytime soon.
You should rewatch the Super Bowl and see what happens when Pat Mahomes doesn't the protection he was accustomed to. It's not some subtle difficult to pick up thing. You will notice very quickly what happens when flimsy rosters built entirely around quarterbacks run into teams that are physically dominant on the defensive front seven.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
You should rewatch the Super Bowl and see what happens when Pat Mahomes doesn't the protection he was accustomed to. It's not some subtle difficult to pick up thing. You will notice very quickly what happens when flimsy rosters built entirely around quarterbacks run into teams that are physically dominant on the defensive front seven.
No shit eh? flimsy roster construction? LMAO they had unfortunate timing with key injuries to key players on the offensive line. You keep moving the goal posts. Say less. Pass rush has always been the great equalizer. There's not a QB on this planet that's immune to it. In the long run I'll take Mahomes to win more championships over the bucs front 7.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
The Seahawks feature a strong power run game. When it came to pick who they were going to keep out of their defense they let the Legion of Boom all walk while keeping KJ Wright and Bobby Wagner.
The Saints are massive. One of the biggest teams in the NFL every year. They stopped being the high flying turf team years ago.
I am referring to the Shanahan 49ers, not the Harbaugh 49ers.

None of those teams emulated the Patriots.
None of those teams poached Patriots coaches.
Those teams won superbowls minus 9ers.

And Shannys Niners run zone offense which is not Belichcik

Montucky

Liked Posts:
No shit eh? flimsy roster construction? LMAO they had unfortunate timing with key injuries to key players on the offensive line. You keep moving the goal posts. Say less. Pass rush has always been the great equalizer. There's not a QB on this planet that's immune to it. In the long run I'll take Mahomes to win more championships over the bucs front 7.
Watch the game and get back to me. Its clear you didn't. I'll be glad to continue once you observe some actual evidence instead of baseless predictions and conjecture.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
None of those teams emulated the Patriots.
None of those teams poached Patriots coaches.
Those teams won superbowls minus 9ers.

And Shannys Niners run zone offense which is not Belichcik
Whoa whoa whoa, so you're saying its possible to win a Super Bowl without Tom Brady?

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Watch the game and get back to me. Its clear you didn't. I'll be glad to continue once you observe some actual evidence instead of baseless predictions and conjecture.
I watched the game. I even agreed with your point about the pass rush. I've stated it several times over the years. Defensive doesn't win championships in today's NFL but a great pass rush is the ultimate equalizer. But it can be countered with talent and scheme along the offense line. The Chiefs didn't have the talent for one game to match up. You're being obtuse. Stop.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I watched the game. I even agreed with your point about the pass rush. I've stated it several times over the years. Defensive doesn't win championships in today's NFL but a great pass rush is the ultimate equalizer. But it can be countered with talent and scheme along the offense line. The Chiefs didn't have the talent for one game to match up. You're being obtuse. Stop.
No, not being.

He IS obtuse...

Montucky

Liked Posts:
It literally just won a Super Bowl and here you are trying to tell me it doesn't work. Having a great defense certainly works a lot better than having a high-paid franchise quarterback. Nick Foles, Joe Flacco and Eli Manning got carried to Super Bowl's by great defenses while Rodgers, Brees and Roethlisberger haven't even appeared in one during that time. Peyton Manning was physically incapable of playing football and the Broncos waltzed to a title because they had a dominant defense.

Its like us being outside on a gorgeous sunny day and you insulting me because I don't think the sky is green.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Whoa whoa whoa, so you're saying its possible to win a Super Bowl without Tom Brady?

Don't move the goal posts.

Is your argument not that teams tried to emulate the Patriots? I'm still waiting for an example of that.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Don't move the goal posts.

Is your argument not that teams tried to emulate the Patriots? I'm still waiting for an example of that.
I tried explaining, you thought I was talking about scheme. I'm not gonna beat my head against the wall trying to get you to conceptualize things, I know how that ends. Re-read the posts and try again.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
It literally just won a Super Bowl and here you are trying to tell me it doesn't work. Having a great defense certainly works a lot better than having a high-paid franchise quarterback. Nick Foles, Joe Flacco and Eli Manning got carried to Super Bowl's by great defenses while Rodgers, Brees and Roethlisberger haven't even appeared in one during that time. Peyton Manning was physically incapable of playing football and the Broncos waltzed to a title because they had a dominant defense.

Its like us being outside on a gorgeous sunny day and you insulting me because I don't think the sky is green.
If Mahomes had played in the same time frame as Manning and Flacco I'd agree. The rules have changed since then. The game is more wide open on offense with all of the rule changes the last 10 years. It's more sustainable to have a contender with a franchise QB than it is an elite defense. The windows for the latter are short lived. See the Ravens, See the Seahawks, see the Broncos see the 18 and 06 bears. You can win but with sup par QB play all the stars have to align.

Scoring points sells and that is what the NFL has catered to with its rule changes and it's what the Chiefs do best.

kalmavet

Liked Posts:
Yes a pass rush is the great equalizer, but how many times do those teams end up right back in the, let's say, the conference championships? Now ask yourself the same thing with teams with great qbs. The point is to be consistently in contention and get your sb chances by consistently playing deep into the playoffs instead of hoping to once in a while have the stars align.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I tried explaining, you thought I was talking about scheme. I'm not gonna beat my head against the wall trying to get you to conceptualize things, I know how that ends. Re-read the posts and try again.

You said many teams tried emulating the Patriots.
Which ones?

Montucky

Liked Posts:
If Mahomes had played in the same time frame as Manning and Flacco I'd agree. The rules have changed since then. The game is more wide open on offense with all of the rule changes the last 10 years. It's more sustainable to have a contender with a franchise QB than it is an elite defense. The windows for the latter are short lived. See the Ravens, See the Seahawks, see the Broncos see the 18 and 06 bears. You can win but with sup par QB play all the stars have to align.
Franchise quarterbacks not named Tom Brady don't really win Super Bowls though. Only when they are cheap. Your points continue to be conjecture not backed in evidence. The truth is the franchise quarterbacks like Rodgers, Brees, Wilson and Roethlisberger don't even make it past the conference championships anymore. Its a sutainable model for winning ten or so games but it fails in the playoffs routinely. To the point where you need to start asking why.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Franchise quarterbacks not named Tom Brady don't really win Super Bowls though. Only when they are cheap. Your points continue to be conjecture not backed in evidence. The truth is the franchise quarterbacks like Rodgers, Brees, Wilson and Roethlisberger don't even make it past the conference championships anymore. Its a sutainable model for winning ten or so games but it fails in the playoffs routinely. To the point where you need to start asking why.

Because one team out of 32 gets the title. That's it. Unless you're Brady and then you get titles wherever you go.

I think the marker would be SB or Conference Championship game. If you get there repeatedly, you are great.