Consider the source, but allegedly Watson is plan a, Wilson's plan b.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Relax. The trade probably isn't happening anyway. It's not that insane to want to keep draft picks over drafting a 32 yr old QB.

Your dick ripping if it does happen will be epic.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Relax. The trade probably isn't happening anyway. It's not that insane to want to keep draft picks over drafting a 32 yr old QB.
I would like the draft pick and cap space back for foles

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
In this instance it is kinda of insane considering what @Montucky is suggesting defines insanity, doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

Pace had already built up the OL and D. He extended Leno at fair price, before his rapid decline he was an above average LT making average LT money. Signed Sutton. Drafted Whitehair. Signed Massie. Extended Long. Drafted Daniels. Not a dominant group but more than serviceable especially with a better QB. Pace also built D that had a solid 3 year window where it was SB caliber.

Now all those pieces are declining or gone. Still no QB to be found.

The bottom line is it is easier to retool (even without 1sts) than it is to find a great QB.

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
In this instance it is kinda of insane considering what @Montucky is suggesting defines insanity, doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

Like giving up a bunch of draft picks for Cutler and Mack?

EDIT: I could see giving up two firsts for Deshaun Watson. He's still only 25, not 32.

ChiGuy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
how many of these ‘key draft picks’ do we actually hit on?

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Like giving up a bunch of draft picks for Cutler and Mack?

EDIT: I could see giving up two firsts for Deshaun Watson. He's still only 25, not 32.
Both those moves are irrelevant to getting Wilson for a similar cost. Wilson is already on HOF trajectory compared to Cutler who was an up and comer who had proved he could play in the NFL and nothing more. The Mack deal took a good D and made it elite. The only reason the Mack looks bad now is because Trubisky isn’t a franchise QB and the offense constantly struggles.

Yes I prefer Watson as well and would give up any 3 or 4 of White, Floyd, Trubisky, Smith, Jacobs (via Raiders), Arnett (via Raiders).

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why does Wilson want to leave Seattle? Does he think he cannot win there??

Is it because he disagrees with the coach, has a shitty o-line, and questions the talent he's surrounded by?

How is it different in Chicago...with Matt Nagy?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Same thing was said to justify giving up 2 firsts and 2 seconds for Jay Culter.
Except the Bears didnt send two 2nd round picks, they sent one 3rd. Cutler didn't fail because a lack of talent on the team. He failed because he was never worth the investment in the first place.

I keep saying this when its brought up but never compare going all in for a proven franchise QB like Watson and Wilson to trading for Cutler. Cutler had one good year and even his new HC wanted to trade him before he demanded to be traded. He never ever put up the numbers or won enough games consistently to be considered a franchise qb. You gotta do one. He did neither.

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Except the Bears didnt send two 2nd round picks, they sent one 3rd. Cutler didn't fail because a lack of talent on the team. He failed because he was never worth the investment in the first place.

I keep saying this when its brought up but never compare going all in for a proven franchise QB like Watson and Wilson to trading for Cutler. Cutler had one good year and even his new HC wanted to trade him before he demanded to be traded. He never ever put up the numbers or won enough games consistently to be considered a franchise qb. You gotta do one. He did neither.

We just gave up two 1sts for Mack. We will finally get a first round pick again this year. Then trade away two more? Don't get another one until 2023.

I gotta look at the state of the whole team and consider recent trades too. I'm passing.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Pace had already built up the OL and D. He extended Leno at fair price, before his rapid decline he was an above average LT making average LT money. Signed Sutton. Drafted Whitehair. Signed Massie. Extended Long. Drafted Daniels. Not a dominant group but more than serviceable especially with a better QB. Pace also built D that had a solid 3 year window where it was SB caliber.

Now all those pieces are declining or gone. Still no QB to be found.

The bottom line is it is easier to retool (even without 1sts) than it is to find a great QB.

Well even the Tom Brady argument is incredibly insane and obtuse.

"well, other than that franchise quarterback who keeps winning Super bowls and is the greatest of all time, franchise quarterbacks don't win Super bowls."

I mean the illogical amount of cherry picking to come to that conclusion is staggering...

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
We just gave up two 1sts for Mack. We will finally get a first round pick again this year. Then trade away two more? Don't get another one until 2023.

I gotta look at the state of the whole team and consider recent trades too. I'm passing.
See, I look at the state of how well the Bears do under Pace with first round picks.

And given that, why the hell not spend them?

Pace does his best work in rounds 2 through 5 anyway...