Consider the source, but allegedly Watson is plan a, Wilson's plan b.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You know I think I finally found a meme that accurately depicts just how stupid the people arguing against trading for Russell Wilson are...

6dv2t8mzjpm61.jpg

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
See, I look at the state of how well the Bears do under Pace with first round picks.

And given that, why the hell not spend them?

Pace does his best work in rounds 2 through 5 anyway...

Same thing was said about Jerry Angelo....

LetsGo34

Liked Posts:
If the trade is pulled off and the Bears win, Pace and Nagy get long extensions. I'd rather see them lose out, fire the moron bros. and give a new regime enough fire power in the draft to start moving the team in the right direction.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the trade is pulled off and the Bears win, Pace and Nagy get long extensions. I'd rather see them lose out, fire the moron bros. and give a new regime enough fire power in the draft to start moving the team in the right direction.
So you’d rather the team lose? Interesting...

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Nagy will probably get fired even if Wilson is here. But the new coach won't have draft picks when he gets here to fix things either.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Same thing was said about Jerry Angelo....

It was true through 2005.

Do you know what happened after 2006?

Lovie Smith fought for and got more say over drafting decisions.

Or did you forget or are conveniently ignoring that part?

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
So you’d rather the team lose? Interesting...

I think that's the real story here. There's a segment of fans who would rather see nagy and Pace fired then win a Super Bowl with them here.

Probably the same idiots who I've encountered all my life who say they would rather watch the Cubs lose than the Sox win.

It's a loser's mentality.

Now I'm not here to defend Ryan pace and Matt Nagy - I also thought they should be fired after the last season.

But if they pull off the trade for Russell Wilson and suddenly are in the playoffs all the time, not only does that then speak to the ultimate importance of having a franchise quarterback, but to reject that level of success because you have an ax to grind with who's at the helm is the epitome of cutting off your nose to spite your face.

I don't care ultimately who is at the helm. I care about playoff victories and seriously contending for the Super Bowl.

if Matt Nagy and Ryan Pace can suddenly start delivering that with Russell Wilson at the helm, then I give no flying fucks about it and I will sit down and enjoy my Bears winning football games.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
We just gave up two 1sts for Mack. We will finally get a first round pick again this year. Then trade away two more? Don't get another one until 2023.

I gotta look at the state of the whole team and consider recent trades too. I'm passing.
Thank you for this info. I had no idea.

No offense but you were considering recent trades without even doing the research to know what was actually being traded. You also don’t have the perspective to understand that there’s a gigantic difference between trading for Cutler and Wilson.

trading two firsts for a pass rusher on a team with no QB. I too am shocked the Bears haven’t won anything.

NO THANKS FRANCHISE QB! I don’t want you because the Mack and Cutler trades didn’t work out! The bears would have been much better with an extra Quan Smith or Kevin White. Huh? Y’all must really not want the Bears to ever be legit because this constant illogical reasoning behind not wanting to trade 1st round picks for a real QB is nothing short of insanity. Sorry.

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
NO THANKS FRANCHISE QB! I don’t want you because the Mack and Cutler trades didn’t work out! The bears would have been much better with an extra Quan Smith or Kevin White. Huh? Y’all must really not want the Bears to ever be legit because this constant illogical reasoning behind not wanting to trade 1st round picks for a real QB is nothing short of insanity. Sorry.

Not saying no thanks to a franchise QB. You're making that up. Saying no thanks to a 32 year old Wilson at the expense of the rest of the team.

Two firsts for Deshuan Watson? I'm listening.

ChiGuy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Not saying no thanks to a franchise QB. You're making that up. Saying no thanks to a 32 year old Wilson at the expense of the rest of the team.

Does he not make the team better?

ChiGuy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Essentially it boils down to this. Pace and Nagy HAVE TO address the QB position, so it’s coming at a cost.

Are you more comfortable with giving up assets for Watson/Wilson or giving them up for Pace to find the next Trubisky in the draft?

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Essentially it boils down to this. Pace and Nagy HAVE TO address the QB position, so it’s coming at a cost.

Are you more comfortable with giving up assets for Watson/Wilson or giving them up for Pace to find the next Trubisky in the draft?

For like the third time now...I'd listen to two 1sts for Watson.

Also, Nagy & Pace might be gone next year. It's possible those picks would be utilized by the new regime which would be ideal.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
For like the third time now...I'd listen to two 1sts for Watson.

Also, Nagy & Pace might be gone next year. It's possible those picks would be utilized by the new regime which would be ideal.

You make it sound like a new regime couldn't build around Russell Wilson

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You make it sound like a new regime couldn't build around Russell Wilson

No.

It's a counter argument for ppl who keep insisting that "Pace/Nagy will blow the picks anyway." They might not be here.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

but he is a franchise Qb so I’m not making anything up. You made up how much the bears traded to get Cutler.