Consider the source, but allegedly Watson is plan a, Wilson's plan b.

ChiGuy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Not true. If the Bears build the offensive line, get a rookie quarterback and have another draft like one they had in 2020 they will probably win eleven or so games and the NFC North. The division is very weak now. The Lions are tanking, the Vikings might as well be and the Packers just lost two All-Pro's and they still aren't under the salary cap.
It’s the one thing they said wasn’t all rosy in the end of season presser. They laid it all on the QB.

Have you been under a rock? There’s a reason why there’s all this smoke around Bears’ desperation for a QB.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
It’s the one thing they said wasn’t all rosy in the end of season presser. They laid it all on the QB.

Have you been under a rock? There’s a reason why there’s all this smoke around Bears’ desperation for a QB.
I don't think he's been living under a rock, just has been hit in the head too many times by one.

Montucky

Liked Posts:

What obligation are they really under to tell the truth in press conferences? They are a waste of time. Matt Nagy and Ryan Pace, as dumb as you think they are, are not stupid enough to lay out their entire off-season plan to the news media.

ChiGuy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I don't think he's been living under a rock, just has been hit in the head too many times by one.
His perception of things, or the fantasy that the Bears will suddenly catch lightning in a bottle for the first time in over 100 years, just isn’t based close to reality.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Says the guy who makes nonsense Michael Jordan analogies that apart under the slightest scrutiny.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
His perception of things, or the fantasy that the Bears will suddenly catch lightning in a bottle for the first time in over 100 years, just isn’t based close to reality.
You show me one time an expensive veteran quarterback has carried a mediocre roster to a Super Bowl since the year 2000 and I'll mail you my $1,400 check from the IRS. I'm not looking for a pattern, just the one time this has happened that backs up how self-assured you are.

ChiGuy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
What obligation are they really under to tell the truth in press conferences? They are a waste of time. Matt Nagy and Ryan Pace, as dumb as you think they are, are not stupid enough to lay out their entire off-season plan to the news media.
Because sweaty Teddy called out the QB issue and according to George “Ryan & Matt are our football... guys?!”

They’re giving them the shot at fixing this because Nagy was sold to them as some sort of guru who knows about QBs and wasn’t around for the disastrous Mitch pickup.

I don’t know how more obvious they could have made it over who the scapegoat was unless they outright said “fuck Mitch. He sucks”

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Says the guy who makes nonsense Michael Jordan analogies that apart under the slightest scrutiny.

Says the bitch who ran away when I shredded his argument, only to start the same argument in 10 other threads.

Go back to Montucky, bitch.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Because sweaty Teddy called out the QB issue and according to George “Ryan & Matt are our football... guys?!”

They’re giving them the shot at fixing this because Nagy was sold to them as some sort of guru who knows about QBs and wasn’t around for the disastrous Mitch pickup.

I don’t know how more obvious they could have made it over who the scapegoat was unless they outright said “fuck Mitch. He sucks”
You do know they have a guy on the roster, under contract right now who won a Super Bowl with a stacked roster right? Nick Foles has the same number of rings over the last ten seasons as Russell Wilson, Aaron Rodgers, Ben Roethlisberger, Deshaun Watson and Drew Brees combined.

ChiGuy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
You show me one time an expensive veteran quarterback has carried a mediocre roster to a Super Bowl since the year 2000 and I'll mail you my $1,400 check from the IRS. I'm not looking for a pattern, just the one time this has happened that backs up how self-assured you are.
You’re focused on numbers. Players win Championships.

I’m more concerned with talent, you can stick to playing with spreadsheets.

Bears went 8-8 and backed into playoffs without an offense. Having an offense that can actually move chains will make your defense better too.

ChiGuy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
You do know they have a guy on the roster, under contract right now who won a Super Bowl with a stacked roster right? Nick Foles has the same number of rings over the last ten seasons as Russell Wilson, Aaron Rodgers, Ben Roethlisberger, Deshaun Watson and Drew Brees combined.
Foles isn’t a top QB. Where does this stacked roster that doesn’t have a top QB and will win a Super Bowl come from?

Montucky

Liked Posts:
You’re focused on numbers. Players win Championships.

I’m more concerned with talent, you can stick to playing with spreadsheets.

Bears went 8-8 and backed into playoffs without an offense. Having an offense that can actually move chains will make your defense better too.
I'm not playing with spreadsheets. You just name one time a shitty team has been carried to a title by a god tier quarterback and you get $1,400. All I need is one instance! If this plan of yours is as foolproof as you think it is you should have mountains of evidence to back up its efficacy?

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Foles isn’t a top QB. Where does this stacked roster that doesn’t have a top QB and will win a Super Bowl come from?
Yet he's got as many rings as any top quarterback other than Ben Roethlisberger or Tom Brady. What does that say about the importance of the quarterback positon?

ChiGuy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm not playing with spreadsheets. You just name one time a shitty team has been carried to a title by a god tier quarterback and you get $1,400. All I need is one instance! If this plan of yours is as foolproof as you think it is you should have mountains of evidence to back up its efficacy?
Didn’t Brady just do that? With a team that was what, 7-9 in 2019?

ChiGuy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Yet he's got as many rings as any top quarterback other than Ben Roethlisberger or Tom Brady. What does that say about the importance of the quarterback positon?
Do you think Foles even gets a shot if Wentz, who was on MVP form, doesn’t do what he does?

You’re great at over simplifying everything and ignoring all context.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Didn’t Brady just do that? With a team that was what, 7-9 in 2019?
If this is the best you can muster you should probably quit now. How many star level players does Tampa Bay have? They have the linebacking corps in the entire NFL! Arguably the best offensive line! Only the Chiefs can claim to have skill position weapons!

Watch the damn games. Come on.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No, pace does poorly with first rounds picks, so I value franchise QBs more than them.

but thanks for the input, lions fan. I’ll ring you when we’re on our 70th year of rebuilding like your team.
Again, more fallacy with you. This time Ad Hominem, Your debate skills are lacking, and it shows. Being a Lions fan, or any other for that matter has nothing at all to do with it.

It's as if I were to counter your argument by saying:

"Pace makes terrible QB decisions, therefore if he were to trade for Wilson, he would be terrible".

Montucky

Liked Posts:
You’re great at over simplifying everything and ignoring all context.
The irony of course is glaring. This is the guy who wants to ignore the entire roster and simply focus on one position. And his rationale is that it will work better than the alternative, even though NFL history going back decades has shown his idea has not worked even once.

ChiGuy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
If this is the best you can muster you should probably quit now. How many star level players does Tampa Bay have? They have the linebacking corps in the entire NFL! Arguably the best offensive line! Only the Chiefs can claim to have skill position weapons!

Watch the damn games. Come on.
You don’t think Brady elevated them whatsoever?

C’mon, man. He doesn’t keep winning by accident. I watch games and players, you watch numbers.

ChiGuy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
The irony of course is glaring. This is the guy who wants to ignore the entire roster and simply focus on one position. And his rationale is that it will work better than the alternative, even though NFL history going back decades has shown his idea has not worked even once.
Here’s the context. You can go several years with an elite player like Wilson, maybe you don’t win a championship but you’re giving yourself a better chance.

Or, for context, you can do what you do for over a century and still win nothing.

Riding with Wilson is worth it. Why accept mediocrity?