Consider the source, but allegedly Watson is plan a, Wilson's plan b.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
lol

BB did NOT win all those rings because of his draft picks.
This cannot be overstated. Bills G.M work on the drafting front has been pretty dreadful the past handful of years. The average hit rate is only around 30% B has been way below that mark. His best ability was getting key free agents to sign for cheap to come play for a ring.

Last edited:

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Franchise quarterbacks not named Tom Brady don't really win Super Bowls though. Only when they are cheap. Your points continue to be conjecture not backed in evidence. The truth is the franchise quarterbacks like Rodgers, Brees, Wilson and Roethlisberger don't even make it past the conference championships anymore. Its a sutainable model for winning ten or so games but it fails in the playoffs routinely. To the point where you need to start asking why.
My whole point was that I'll take Mahomes in the long game. My evidence is that he's been to the AFC championship game each of the last three years. A consistent contender. That's not conjure. And when you factor in the new NFL it's a logical stance.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I have to give Montucky credit for once...

He is managing to alienate everyone on the forum with his bad takes and moving goalposts in record time...

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
One of the biggest names in sports discussion, a guy who gets paid a fortune to do this thinks the Bears can trade 5 1st round picks. They could if the picks spanned 3 seasons but they don't.

Joy is fucking awful too.
But the Lions could lol

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have to give Montucky credit for once...

He is managing to alienate everyone on the forum with his bad takes and moving goalposts in record time...

It's a legitimate take. You cannot give up so many draft picks at the expense of the whole team.

Ppl keep throwing around how only teams with good QBs get anywhere...let's say the Bears give up two 1sts for Wilson.

How many teams have traded away 4 first round picks in 4 years and went on to do jack shit? Traded away 6 firsts in 13 years? (Not even counting 2nd round picks.)

If any other team did this Bears fans would be laughing about how horriblely managed they are - like Matt Millen bad.

kalmavet

Liked Posts:
I just dont know what happened to Hub. He seems so jaded by poor fan interactions that he's built a whole schtick around being the guy who lifts you up when you're down or drags you down when you're high. He's always so obsessed with the opinions of fans.
It's a legitimate take. You cannot give up so many draft picks at the expense of the whole team.

Ppl keep throwing around how only teams with good QBs get anywhere...let's say the Bears give up two 1sts for Wilson.

How many teams have traded away 4 first round picks in 4 years and went on to do jack shit? Traded away 6 firsts in 13 years? (Not even counting 2nd round picks.)

If any other team did this Bears fans would be laughing about how horriblely managed they are - like Matt Millen bad.

The Rams have basically done this and will be talked about as SB contenders this year

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
First there would be the trade itself which would cause epic meltdowns from both fans and media screaming at the Bears gave up way too much no matter what it ends up being.

Media would be shitting all over it and unnamed "NFL executives" would be saying the Bears are nuts.

Then when the season started and the wins piled up, you will start to see the phenomena that happened during Tom Brady's first three years - I remember then media getting into fights with one another over whether Tom Brady was any good, because half of the media couldn't get over the fact that he was only a sixth round pick. You would see epic backtracking and fighting among the media.

then towards the end and playoffs you would start to see a bunch of bandwagon jumpers hopping on pretending like they never fought the idea at all.

And finally and the most hilarious part of all of it would be that since this is a copycat League, a number of teams would try to follow what the Bears did and start throwing away all their draft picks at quarterbacks and possibly even draft picks, but likely not to the same effect as the best quarterbacks likely would not be for sale and if they switch to doing it for draft picks to draft a top quarterback a lot of them don't pan out.

The Bears would have effectively made a once-in-a-lifetime deal that a copycat league would have been desperate to try to copy and watching everyone try and fail miserably all while the media tears itself to pieces and Bears fans fight with each other over the value of a franchise quarterback all while the Bears are winning is the kind of chaos that I live for.

View attachment 10675
Next time just say " I have no life " it will spare you the carpal tunnel pains

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Rams have basically done this and will be talked about as SB contenders this year

Well you got me there.

But a lot of those picks were for Goff who they've since given up on. And one year they traded the 31st pick away for more picks.

This is one of the very few times I'm in favor of the Bears trading down. I'd have no problem with that.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Well you got me there.

But a lot of those picks were for Goff who they've since given up on. And one year they traded the 31st pick away for more picks.

This is one of the very few times I'm in favor of the Bears trading down. I'd have no problem with that.
When it's all said and done they'll have not had a first round pick for 7 consecutive years. They traded one for Cooks who was then traded the following year and gave up two firsts for Ramsey. Plus Goff x2. Trading up and the trade for Staff.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Here is why the argument is incredibly stupid.

You have one of the all-time greats winning Super bowls and skewing whatever arguments you are trying to make.

It's like trying to make the argument in the era of '90s basketball that Superstars don't win NBA titles and then trying to exclude the fact that they have to go up against Michael Jordan in the finals from the equation.

At least with that argument, we have the benefit of seeing that Hakeem olajuwon was good enough to lead a team to repeat without Michael obstructing everything.

And then Jordan came back and it was the Jordan show again.

That is why montucky's take and your take are incredibly stupid.

Neither of you guys are taking into consideration the fact that a lot of Super bowls have been won by one person because he's the all-time best. And you have no way of knowing if he weren't there if your argument would still hold water.

So no, it's not a legitimate take. Which is evident in the way Montucky changes his tune and moves the goal posts when he's seriously challenged on it.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
So wait, what's your point here? The Bears will never be adequately run so they never try and run themselves adequately? I'm sorry, but there is just no logic in that. Bill Belichcik thought holistically about keeping the team competitive year-in, year-out.. Yeah he had Tom Brady but he routinely put a good football team out there. As great as Tom Brady is even he doesn't do it alone, Tampa Bay was stacked this season.
Yeah well call me when Bill wins one without Tom

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think he’s might be on to something with the 5 first round pick price tag for Wilson. Jaylon Johnson, Roquan Smith, and Mack are probably each worth at least a late 1st. So either two 1st round picks and all 3 of those players, three 1st round picks and 2 of those players, or four 1st round picks and 1 of those players would do it.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Here is why the argument is incredibly stupid.

You have one of the all-time greats winning Super bowls and skewing whatever arguments you are trying to make.

It's like trying to make the argument in the era of '90s basketball that Superstars don't win NBA titles and then trying to exclude the fact that they have to go up against Michael Jordan in the finals from the equation.

At least with that argument, we have the benefit of seeing that Hakeem olajuwon was good enough to lead a team to repeat without Michael obstructing everything.

And then Jordan came back and it was the Jordan show again.

That is why montucky's take and your take are incredibly stupid.

Neither of you guys are taking into consideration the fact that a lot of Super bowls have been won by one person because he's the all-time best. And you have no way of knowing if he weren't there if your argument would still hold water.

So no, it's not a legitimate take. Which is evident in the way Montucky changes his tune and moves the goal posts when he's seriously challenged on it.
Jordan never lost when he made it to the Finals. The only thing that disrupted him once the nineties began was his two retirements, other than that he was six for six.

Brady is not six for six. He's lost Super Bowls to the likes of Nick Foles and Eli Manning (twice!). He struggled mightily with those Denver teams, even after Peyton Manning was physically expired. Its not analogous to the Jordan years for a couple reasons. One, football is a different sport than basketball. Two, Tom Brady never had a self-imposed exile. Other teams have intruded on his dynasty with decent regularity, of those teams only one in the last twenty years was helmed by an expensive veteran quarterback. 2006 Colts.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
When it's all said and done they'll have not had a first round pick for 7 consecutive years. They traded one for Cooks who was then traded the following year and gave up two firsts for Ramsey. Plus Goff x2. Trading up and the trade for Staff.

And the Rams took a $22 mil dead cap hit trading Cooks away after only 1 season. They traded one of their starting CB’s and their 2nd round pick for 1 year of Sammy Watkins. They traded their 4th and their 2nd for Marcus Peters, only to trade him away for a 5th the following season. Sean McVay must truly be a great coach to stay competitive despite all of these blunders.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Jordan never lost when he made it to the Finals. The only thing that disrupted him once the nineties began was his two retirements, other than that he was six for six.

Brady is not six for six. He's lost Super Bowls to the likes of Nick Foles and Eli Manning (twice!). He struggled mightily with those Denver teams, even after Peyton Manning was physically expired. Its not analogous to the Jordan years for a couple reasons. One, football is a different sport than basketball. Two, Tom Brady never had a self-imposed exile. Other teams have intruded on his dynasty with decent regularity, of those teams only one in the last twenty years was helmed by an expensive veteran quarterback. 2006 Colts.

My God, you really are freaking stupid.

"But.bu.bu.but first off one guy was named Michael and the o.o.o.other guy was named Tom s.s.so the.th.thats why you're wrong, and a.a.a.also because one guy won his title on a S.S.Sunday and the other guy on a Wu.wu. wuendensday! So there!"

That's effectively you.

Arguing irrelevant minutiae and claiming it supports your argument when it has nothing to do with the argument at hand, all while you ignore the counter argument that has proven you wrong from the very beginning.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
And the Rams took a $22 mil dead cap hit trading Cooks away after only 1 season. They traded one of their starting CB’s and their 2nd round pick for 1 year of Sammy Watkins. They traded their 4th and their 2nd for Marcus Peters, only to trade him away for a 5th the following season. Sean McVay must truly be a great coach to stay competitive despite all of these blunders.
Less Snead is bat shit crazy but I understand his line of thinking. Trading valuable unknown entities for known commodities. But like you said, some of those moves were brutal for what they got in return on the field.

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
I really don’t want to let Roquan Smith go if we can avoid it, I think I’d rather trade anyone else on the defence, even Mack and Fuller. They looked really bad without him when he was injured.

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My God, you really are freaking stupid.

"But.bu.bu.but first off one guy was named Michael and the o.o.o.other guy was named Tom s.s.so the.th.thats why you're wrong, and a.a.a.also because one guy won his title on a S.S.Sunday and the other guy on a Wu.wu. wuendensday! So there!"

That's effectively you.

Arguing irrelevant minutiae and claiming it supports your argument when it has nothing to do with the argument at hand, all while you ignore the counter argument that has proven you wrong from the very beginning.

Relax. The trade probably isn't happening anyway. It's not that insane to want to keep draft picks over drafting a 32 yr old QB.