Consider the source, but allegedly Watson is plan a, Wilson's plan b.

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well you went down that road. You clearly said Wilson would regress because of Nagy. So why do you think that

You seriously need me to explain how Wilson will not put up the same numbers he did in Seattle under Matt Nagy's anemic offense?

I'm pretty sure Nagy set some records for ineptitude last year. It's hard to overcome shitty coaching.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Keeping your draft picks is "pie in the sky bullshit."

Ok. We are in the desperate situation we are in now because Pace traded away so many draft picks.
The bears are in desperation mode because they wiffed on the QB. It's not about the picks. If they had drafted one of the other two we'd all be laughing.

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The bears are in desperation mode because they wiffed on the QB. It's not about the picks. If they had drafted one of the other two we'd all be laughing.

...and they traded picks to make the bad pick....and traded more to acquire Mack....and might trade even more to get Wilson...and countless others moving up for guys like Anthony Miller.

Anyway. Seattle probably wants a QB in return and I doubt they want Foles - not happening anyway. (Did we trade a pick for Foles too? Hard to remember anymore.)

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
If the Bearz find a way to trade 5 fucking 1st round picks for Weelsum, I am MOST DEFINITELY going to become a Jaguars fan. As good as Russsss is, that would be "full Special person".

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
How about all of our picks in this draft, and next seasons 1st & 2nd

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
...and they traded picks to make the bad pick....and traded more to acquire Mack....and might trade even more to get Wilson...and countless others moving up for guys like Anthony Miller.

Anyway. Seattle probably wants a QB in return and I doubt they want Foles - not happening anyway. (Did we trade a pick for Foles too? Hard to remember anymore.)

4th for Foles. Here's another way to look at it. If the bears landed Wilson and they shit the bed the current regime would likely get canned. Having a HOF level QB in turn would make Chicago highly coveted amongst G.M and coaching candidates. There's some pie in the sky for ya.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
The bears are not run by B.B and never will be. Hence the pie in the sky. There are VERY few teams in the nfl that play the long game well and the ones that have had HOF QBs to stabilize the franchise.
So wait, what's your point here? The Bears will never be adequately run so they never try and run themselves adequately? I'm sorry, but there is just no logic in that. Bill Belichcik thought holistically about keeping the team competitive year-in, year-out.. Yeah he had Tom Brady but he routinely put a good football team out there. As great as Tom Brady is even he doesn't do it alone, Tampa Bay was stacked this season.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
The long game. It's total pie in the sky horseshit. You're either winning now or losing now. Seriously, who gives a fuck about what the bears may or may not look like 5 years from now? You might not even be alive to see it.

That's some tripe bears fans been telling themselves since 85.
Amen bruh.

I don't cry one day for Gleybar Torres or the haul the Cubs gave the South siders. I got to see my fave team go for glory. I get dust in my eye every time i watch highlights from 2016.

Bears gotta have that mentality. Go for broke. fuggit.

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
Name one time in modern franchise history that the accumulative value of three consecutive years' first round draft picks by the Bears was equal to an elite QB like Watson or Wilson.

You can't.

The chances of any of the first round picks in 2021, 22, and 23 turning into an elite QB are next to zero.

You are exactly correct. My only concern is Wilson is 32 already. I know, I know, QBs play into their 40s. Until they don't.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
4th for Foles. Here's another way to look at it. If the bears landed Wilson and they shit the bed the current regime would likely get canned. Having a HOF level QB in turn would make Chicago highly coveted amongst G.M and coaching candidates. There's some pie in the sky for ya.
All NFL head coaching and general manager jobs are highly coveted. There are thirty-two of each in the entire world. The Bears do not need to have a thirty-three (how old he would be by the time the Bears shitcan Nagy/Pace) old quarterback coming off a presumably mediocre year to attract candidates. The candidates will come to them no matter what.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
First there would be the trade itself which would cause epic meltdowns from both fans and media screaming at the Bears gave up way too much no matter what it ends up being.

Media would be shitting all over it and unnamed "NFL executives" would be saying the Bears are nuts.

Then when the season started and the wins piled up, you will start to see the phenomena that happened during Tom Brady's first three years - I remember then media getting into fights with one another over whether Tom Brady was any good, because half of the media couldn't get over the fact that he was only a sixth round pick. You would see epic backtracking and fighting among the media.

then towards the end and playoffs you would start to see a bunch of bandwagon jumpers hopping on pretending like they never fought the idea at all.

And finally and the most hilarious part of all of it would be that since this is a copycat League, a number of teams would try to follow what the Bears did and start throwing away all their draft picks at quarterbacks and possibly even draft picks, but likely not to the same effect as the best quarterbacks likely would not be for sale and if they switch to doing it for draft picks to draft a top quarterback a lot of them don't pan out.

The Bears would have effectively made a once-in-a-lifetime deal that a copycat league would have been desperate to try to copy and watching everyone try and fail miserably all while the media tears itself to pieces and Bears fans fight with each other over the value of a franchise quarterback all while the Bears are winning is the kind of chaos that I live for.

View attachment 10675
Cool story bruh.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm a minute into this segment and he says the Bears are going to give up 5 1st round picks, which isn't possible. Unless I'm mistaken, the max a team is allowed to give up is 3, is it not?
I didn't listen but 2 or 3 1sts plus Mack and Fuller who were 1sts and garnered even more.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
So wait, what's your point here? The Bears will never be adequately run so they never try and run themselves adequately? I'm sorry, but there is just no logic in that. Bill Belichcik thought holistically about keeping the team competitive year-in, year-out.. Yeah he had Tom Brady but he routinely put a good football team out there. As great as Tom Brady is even he doesn't do it alone, Tampa Bay was stacked this season.

Here's the last motherfucker on earth that keeps saying Brady has help.

It's Brady man. Brady wins superbowls.

stacked?

90 year old gronk?
Leonard trade me Fournette?
3 finger Pierre Paul?
NaStompOnYoHead Suh?

stacked?

It was Brady. Brady wentto that team ans showed them a title.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
By the way, the last three first round picks for the team that just won the Super Bowl?

Tristan Wirfs: Stud
Vita Vea: Stud
Devin White: Stud

I know Vea was injured, but the other two were instrumental to the playoff run. Devin White was flashy but Wirfs was probably the best rookie player in the entire NFL this year. And those two cost them nothing against the cap to be All-Pro quality.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
By the way, the last three first round picks for the team that just won the Super Bowl?

Tristan Wirfs: Stud
Vita Vea: Stud
Devin White: Stud

I know Vea was injured, but the other two were instrumental to the playoff run. Devin White was flashy but Wirfs was probably the best rookie player in the entire NFL this year. And those two cost them nothing against the cap to be All-Pro quality.
Darnell Mooney? Chase Young?

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
There's logic you're just failing to see it. You're citing one of, if not the greatest coach to ever do it as a reference. That's called an outlier. 95% of teams that experience success do so in smaller windows. That's the way of the NFL and the way it's currently structured with the Cap and collective bargaining agreement. Bill had his run. It's over. The Chiefs are next in line. And wouldn't you know it they have THAT DUDE at QB.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
There's logic you're just failing to see it. You're citing one of, if not the greatest coach to ever do it as a reference. That's called an outlier. 95% of teams that experience success do so in smaller windows. That's the way of the NFL and the way it's currently structured with the Cap and collective bargaining agreement. Bill had his run. It's over. The Chiefs are next in line. And wouldn't you know it they have THAT DUDE at QB.
How do you know the Chiefs are next in line? This board sure likes to speak definitively about things that can possibly be proven or known. Always short on facts, always long on conjecture and baseball speculation.

The Patriots for twenty zigged while everyone zagged. Very nearly every year they had the oldest roster in the NFL and the heaviest roster in the NFL. While everyone was trying to be young, fast and dynamic the Patriots were plodding, methodical and savvy. There was logic to their success and it was emulated by the Saints, Seahawks and 49ers to varying degrees of success.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
All NFL head coaching and general manager jobs are highly coveted. There are thirty-two of each in the entire world. The Bears do not need to have a thirty-three (how old he would be by the time the Bears shitcan Nagy/Pace) old quarterback coming off a presumably mediocre year to attract candidates. The candidates will come to them no matter what.
You can't be this dense. Obviously they're coveted. But the Top of the food chain guys pick thier jobs wisely. They end up chosing a team over others. Some end up with multiple job offers. Some teams are more attractive than others. This isn't breaking news.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
colin is a very well connected talking head. he has ties to the Carroll family as well dating back to his days at USC.

You can be sure Cowherd has connections because he will fuckin say anything and not give a fuck. You know teams and agents take advantage of that to leak shit they want in the press