Consider the source, but allegedly Watson is plan a, Wilson's plan b.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The rational fan in me who has been completely underwhelmed by the Pace regime over the years thinks he's desperate to get a franchise QB.

The sky is falling fan in me who watched the season ending presser gets the awful feeling that Pace has absolutely no heat under his ass to make a desperation move.

Pace is in a contract year, isn't he?

There is def heat there

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Rewatch the end of season presser and let me know when his contract is up.
I honestly don't think the refusal to answer that question was to avoid knowledge that he had multiple years left, but moreso to avoid knowledge of his lame duck status and the desperation mode they would be in. The second is a worse look than the first

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I honestly don't think the refusal to answer that question was to avoid knowledge that he had multiple years left, but moreso to avoid knowledge of his lame duck status and the desperation mode they would be in. The second is a worse look than the first
Fair point but the fact that no one knows is a major issue. Not even Brad Biggs has the definitive answer. That doesn't worry anyone else?

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Fair point but the fact that no one knows is a major issue. Not even Brad Biggs has the definitive answer. That doesn't worry anyone else?
Sweaty teddy got really pissed about that question, he looked pretty unprofessional per usual. Pace and Nagy not answering is to be expected as it really isn't their place to answer that question

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
George unilaterally gave Pace a lifetime contract as the Bears GM.

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Pace and Nagy at the podium right now...

giphy.gif

BEARS

Last edited:

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rewatch the end of season presser and let me know when his contract is up.

uh, nah. I'm not trying to subject myself to that shit. I haven't watched it on purpose.

why, is there some secret conspiracy or some shit?

Rise

Liked Posts:
This just needs to go down it’s to good to be true but it appears to be true. This will save Pace’s job.

While Watson is younger and I’d prefer him fact is he doesn’t prefer to be here, and if the Dolphins or jets get involved we can’t beat their offers.

I can’t believe someone like Wilson actually wants the Bears and they could make a deal for him. Not sure how they don’t do it at this point.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't buy the media narrative that Pace is operating out of desperation. This is the Bears management we're talking about. When have they not been happy with mediocrity and kicking the can down the road. His seat probably isn't hot at all.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I don't buy the media narrative that Pace is operating out of desperation. This is the Bears management we're talking about. When have they not been happy with mediocrity and kicking the can down the road. His seat probably isn't hot at all.
I believe Pace will act out of desperation. But how far will Phillips and McCaskey let him go before jumping in.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Unless those ****ers are str8 up pro-satan they won't get in the way of bringing Wilson in.
If I’m Pace and they are pro-satin then I’m bringing in these mother ****ers to battle them.
EB1DD8A1-0BC4-4D6B-87F3-B5DC38D18B4F.jpeg
They ****ed up Satin himself!!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Houston says Watson is off the table

That last interview that their new HC did today would say otherwise for sure. He definitely didn't sound like a guy that thinks Watson will be their starting QB next year. Saying Watson is our QB "right now" and saying Watson will "hopefully" be our starting QB next year and saying they're doing their work looking at other QB's right now.