Consider the source, but allegedly Watson is plan a, Wilson's plan b.

shoez90

Liked Posts:
LOL, I didn't defend Pace in any way. Your need to vent is strong here. Go see a shrink or choke your dog, Karen.
:jonesy:
I need to vent bcuz I'm a Bears fan but I did so with actual legit arguments. I don't get distracted by shiny objects I been a fan since the early eighties ups and the downs. Football is not immune to one hit wonders and never will be's its a fact. I have also seen posts by some that if Pace does this or MT does this he is forgiven. No the city of Chicago deserves more than hopes and dreams. I'm tired of watching the teams that used to be the bottom on top simply bcuz they did their homework and paid attention. Meanwhile our stupid asses are a virtual merry go round of QBs and our fukin rival up North has NOT ONE BUT TWO back to back HoFers. No that doesn't sit well with me I'm not that fan.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LOL. Feel better?

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
First there would be the trade itself which would cause epic meltdowns from both fans and media screaming at the Bears gave up way too much no matter what it ends up being.

Media would be shitting all over it and unnamed "NFL executives" would be saying the Bears are nuts.

Then when the season started and the wins piled up, you will start to see the phenomena that happened during Tom Brady's first three years - I remember then media getting into fights with one another over whether Tom Brady was any good, because half of the media couldn't get over the fact that he was only a sixth round pick. You would see epic backtracking and fighting among the media.

then towards the end and playoffs you would start to see a bunch of bandwagon jumpers hopping on pretending like they never fought the idea at all.

And finally and the most hilarious part of all of it would be that since this is a copycat League, a number of teams would try to follow what the Bears did and start throwing away all their draft picks at quarterbacks and possibly even draft picks, but likely not to the same effect as the best quarterbacks likely would not be for sale and if they switch to doing it for draft picks to draft a top quarterback a lot of them don't pan out.

The Bears would have effectively made a once-in-a-lifetime deal that a copycat league would have been desperate to try to copy and watching everyone try and fail miserably all while the media tears itself to pieces and Bears fans fight with each other over the value of a franchise quarterback all while the Bears are winning is the kind of chaos that I live for.

322741e3de1096ad9a3c5d4a7bfefb60f8351307.gifv.gif

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
First there would be the trade itself which would cause epic meltdowns from both fans and media screaming at the Bears gave up way too much no matter what it ends up being.

Media would be shitting all over it and unnamed "NFL executives" would be saying the Bears are nuts.

Then when the season started and the wins piled up, you will start to see the phenomena that happened during Tom Brady's first three years - I remember then media getting into fights with one another over whether Tom Brady was any good, because half of the media couldn't get over the fact that he was only a sixth round pick. You would see epic backtracking and fighting among the media.

then towards the end and playoffs you would start to see a bunch of bandwagon jumpers hopping on pretending like they never fought the idea at all.

And finally and the most hilarious part of all of it would be that since this is a copycat League, a number of teams would try to follow what the Bears did and start throwing away all their draft picks at quarterbacks and possibly even draft picks, but likely not to the same effect as the best quarterbacks likely would not be for sale and if they switch to doing it for draft picks to draft a top quarterback a lot of them don't pan out.

The Bears would have effectively made a once-in-a-lifetime deal that a copycat league would have been desperate to try to copy and watching everyone try and fail miserably all while the media tears itself to pieces and Bears fans fight with each other over the value of a franchise quarterback all while the Bears are winning is the kind of chaos that I live for.

View attachment 10675
This wasn't worth your time

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Regardless of if it happens or not, i think we're entering a new NFL where the players are starting to take the power, similar to what's been happening in the NBA the past 5 years or so. Players like Wilson and Watson simply don't get traded. Sources close to both teams believe both will move for kings ransoms. Crazy.

I wouldn't even be mad if the Bears did it and it didn't work out. What they've been doing all these years doesn't work. Most fans act like a QB is doomed if they're drafted to Chicago anyways so who needs picks? At this point im all for big swings on proven commodities.

BBBF

Liked Posts:
How would it even work if it became the norm? Would the QB salary structure change so that teams aren't left with ungodly, dead money or would new norm be the team unloading their QB plans for a tank year and quick rebuild with draft picks?

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Regardless of if it happens or not, i think we're entering a new NFL where the players are starting to take the power, similar to what's been happening in the NBA the past 5 years or so. Players like Wilson and Watson simply don't get traded. Sources close to both teams believe both will move for kings ransoms. Crazy.

I wouldn't even be mad if the Bears did it and it didn't work out. What they've been doing all these years doesn't work. Most fans act like a QB is doomed if they're drafted to Chicago anyways so who needs picks? At this point im all for big swings on proven commodities.
If the Bears have a non-0 chance of getting either Watson or Wilson, they'd literally have to be Special person not to do it. It's not so much about the team you have left over, it's about changing the culture and bucking the idea that Chicago can't have an elite QB. Just putting a top 5 QB on the turf of Soldier Field in a Bears uniform is what is desperately needed to make the city (and everyone really) believe that they could actually win a superbowl, and nothing ever happens for realsies before it's first conceptualized and believed in by those paying attention.

kalmavet

Liked Posts:

Totally agree on player empowerment, especially the QBs. The old guard, the Hub Arkush types, seem to be having a hard time accepting this.

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the asking price is 2 first round picks for a 32 year old QB...the media would be justified.