Cubs sign draft pick Kris Bryant (For slot according to Sullivan)

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
Apparently the Cubs found a few more pennies to spend that they said a while back they didn't have. :thinking:

You arent possibly suggesting that ownership and management haven't been completely truthful about the state of the team finances are you?

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
You arent possibly suggesting that ownership and management haven't been completely truthful about the state of the team finances are you?

Nope! Because I believe everything that is said to me by everyone as truthful and fact. Especially politicians, salesmen, and Cena. :lmao:

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
What's Bryant's ETA to the bigs?

Honestly, I think it's really going to come down if the Cubs decide to keep him at third or move him to a corner outfield spot. He's got the arm for either, but some feel his ability to read the ball may be better suited for the outfield. If that's the case, he loses a tiny bit of offensive value because it's easier to find raw power in the outfield. Still, most experts feel a late-2014/early-2015 call-up is likely

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
What's Bryant's ETA to the bigs?

I think most optimistic was end of 2015, but I could be wrong. I think where he ends this year will tell us a lot of the time table. If he makes it Daytona than end of 2014 might be a possibility. If he is in Kane County I don't see how makes it to the bigs any quicker than 2015.

Last edited:

chibears55

Liked Posts:
The Chicago Cubs have agreed to terms with first-round draft choice 3B Kris Bryant. Bryant will receive a signing bonus of $6,708,400.

cubs actually did pretty good with their amateur draft and signings, and their international signings this year

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Well, gee. Glad after all this negotiating that the Cubs couldn't even keep the 12th rounder that so many were pining for. Whoops, just hope Bryant is all that he's cracked up to be.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Well, gee. Glad after all this negotiating that the Cubs couldn't even keep the 12th rounder that so many were pining for. Whoops, just hope Bryant is all that he's cracked up to be.

You can leave, Fisch :oj: