Cutler-isms.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Umm? Refer to the pages between chapter 1 and two?

I'm just sticking to the guidelines that have been laid out...don't shoot the messenger

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It's as good of a skill position group as there is in the league, now. 3 years ago, that wasn't the case. Don't get me wrong, Marshall has been a blessing for the Bears, but Jeffery has only been in the NFL for 2 seasons, the first one he missed several games with the broken hand. ( I think it was his hand, I know it was on that touchdown against Tennessee). He showed flashes, but was inconsistent. Not to mention, Lovie was HC and Tice was OC that year.

Biggest problem is locking into Marshall too much at times. He's got plenty of weapons around him now, it's not like Marshall is the only guy he can throw to.

I think it's all about health in 2014. It's a second year in the Trestman system and all the talent is in place around him. If he can get through the year and play a full season, we'll know better than at any time before what we have.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think it's all about health in 2014. It's a second year in the Trestman system and all the talent is in place around him. If he can get through the year and play a full season, we'll know better than at any time before what we have.

Yep. And if Cutler fails, if he doesn't perform, Emery/Trestman have a problem. If he can't produce top 5 (?) numbers with what he's got around him, the problem is him.
I hope and believe that its going to be a big year if he and the rest of the offense stay relatively healthy.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
Yep. And if Cutler fails, if he doesn't perform, Emery/Trestman have a problem. If he can't produce top 5 (?) numbers with what he's got around him, the problem is him.
I hope and believe that its going to be a big year if he and the rest of the offense stay relatively healthy.

Problem is that there will be different definitions of failure. For some it will be Cutler has to win the superbowl this season or he is a failure. The offense could have a great year as well as Cutler why the defense collapses again. Some will see that as Cutler failing. So success and failure means something different based on the person.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
I swear, half of the Cutler haters want to see the team fail just so that they'd get rid of Jay.

Are you sure that most just want the team to stop failing - because of him?

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Problem is that there will be different definitions of failure. For some it will be Cutler has to win the superbowl this season or he is a failure. The offense could have a great year as well as Cutler why the defense collapses again. Some will see that as Cutler failing. So success and failure means something different based on the person.

I'm fine with the playoffs...considering even the Vikings & Lions have been there more recently than the Bears.

Reactions: DC

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

You won't know any better. If Cutler doesn't have a great year it will be, "but it was Cutler's first full year in a new offense".

Or maybe it will be, "he's accustomed to short receivers, he needs time to adjust to two tall receivers".

I like Jay and I think he'll have a great year. If he doesn't, awesome, good for GB. But if he doesn't excuses will follow.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You won't know any better. If Cutler doesn't have a great year it will be, "but it was Cutler's first full year in a new offense".

Or maybe it will be, "he's accustomed to short receivers, he needs time to adjust to two tall receivers".

I like Jay and I think he'll have a great year. If he doesn't, awesome, good for GB. But if he doesn't excuses will follow.

If these are kind of excuses waiting for us next year, the fanboys should just jump off a building.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

this actually made me lol. there are posters here that might not post this, but they would support these sorts of posts if posted.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Very true, I mean he WAS the savior/face/reincarnation of jesus for our franchise last year

And gave up the most rushing yards per start