Cutler-isms.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Even prior to his injury last year, he was the same up & down QB I've seen since 2009. He just got sacked less. We'll see if the light bulb turned on after he signed on the dotted line

Both before and after the Knox/Williams/Hester years, Cutler was and has still been a middle-of-the-pack QB. He's awful at reading defenses, awful and keeping control under pressure and making intelligent decisions, and awful in the biggest games. Honestly the only attribute the guy has that's in the category with the top QBs is arm strength, and that doesn't translate to being a winner.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm not sure that I follow you here. Can you tell me where anyone coach, player or otherwise indicated that Cutler didn't care about getting better?

Well he hasn't gotten better, so you can tell me whether it's a matter of being unwilling to get better or just unable. You seem to be opining that he is willing, so ......

:shrug:

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
Both before and after the Knox/Williams/Hester years, Cutler was and has still been a middle-of-the-pack QB. He's awful at reading defenses, awful and keeping control under pressure and making intelligent decisions, and awful in the biggest games. Honestly the only attribute the guy has that's in the category with the top QBs is arm strength, and that doesn't translate to being a winner.

I agree, it's his decisions that kill him/us. The guy has incredible physical talent but he makes bad decisions at terrible times. We all know this and all we can hope for is that he improves. However, if our defense would have even been in the top 15 we would have made it into the post season without a problem. Let's focus on where the problems are really at.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild

He's the poor mans Brett Favre without the payoffs

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I agree, it's his decisions that kill him/us. The guy has incredible physical talent but he makes bad decisions at terrible times. We all know this and all we can hope for is that he improves.

I hope he can stay healthy for the full season this year and we can get a real look at what a full season with Trestman can do for his game.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think it's fine if people want to like Cutler and find him amusing, but the whole "don't care" thing with the sarcasm and attitude, this is all part of the negative side of Cutler, and fits perfectly with the narrative of a player who never seemed to bother about getting better, and whose performances never HAVE gotten better. It's funny to me that some of the same people who enjoy this stuff are the same people who call into question the fandom of posters who criticize Cutler because they want him to be better.

Bottom line - it's fine if you want to enjoy that aspect of Cutler, and it's fine if you want to be the guy who takes football seriously and hates on people who criticize Cutler, but you can't be both. To celebrate Cutler's brat side is to celebrate failure for the team you claim to be a fan of. There's no getting around that.

And before Broc or anyone else predictably chimes in with something about Rex Grossman, we're talking about Cutler, not Grossman. Grossman was the better part of a decade ago.

Here is the thing about criticism, its okay to do it but if that's all you do then you aren't objective or a "fan" of this team at all. There are actual good posters who are capable of criticizing and parsing players on this team and then there are people like you who see everything in black in white.

Mick people aren't going to give a shit about what you are saying if you are never objective

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
I hope he can stay healthy for the full season this year and we can get a real look at what a full season with Trestman can do for his game.

And let's hope it's good because he is going to be with us for a while. He was playing well last season so it leaves me with hope.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Seriously though if Cutler has an accomplishment its automatically shot down by certain posters here. When he beats a team it was someone else who did it, when he beat Seattle they were a losing team etc. Its a double standard by certain people here

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
Seriously though if Cutler has an accomplishment its automatically shot down by certain posters here. When he beats a team it was someone else who did it, when he beat Seattle they were a losing team etc. Its a double standard by certain people here

Oh we know. Some of it's just trolling for their own fun though, keep that in mind.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Oh we know. Some of it's just trolling for their own fun though, keep that in mind.

But then these same posters get upset about this thread but dont want to be called trolls?

EDUB316

Liked Posts:
Even prior to his injury last year, he was the same up & down QB I've seen since 2009. He just got sacked less. We'll see if the light bulb turned on after he signed on the dotted line

huh? hasn't played as bad as he did in 09 since then and he was playing some of the best football in his career before his injury last year despite the entire offense learning on the fly.

EDUB316

Liked Posts:
I guess winning cures a bad attitude

Yeah including the best defense of all time and Walter Payton. But only Cutler gets criticized for playing on a team with a good defense.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
huh? hasn't played as bad as he did in 09 since then and he was playing some of the best football in his career before his injury last year despite the entire offense learning on the fly.

It's like you can't fully grasp the English language.

Yes...he clearly was on pace to play exactly like he did in 09

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Yeah including the best defense of all time and Walter Payton. But only Cutler gets criticized for playing on a team with a good defense.

That...and he can't win the big games

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
But then these same posters get upset about this thread but dont want to be called trolls?

don't know if this was directed at me, but I wasn't upset about this thread just found it funny that people get up in arms when threads go to shit because of the Cutler arguments and then I see threads like this which will obviously head down that road. If a poster is going to make a thread singing praise about Cutler then don't get pissed when threads are made criticizing him.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
neither could McMahon without the Bears. Most overrated QB of all time. Only cum guzzling meatballs like you worship him.

I didn't know he was rated as 1 of the best of all time