Cutler-isms.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
I remember Cutty being asked about playoff success. He said "playoffs? What the heck would I know about playoffs. Only got to them once on the back of the defense and then got myself knocked out of the game by my daddy, the Packers."

4008_original_1306978622496.jpg

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
To celebrate Cutler's brat side is to celebrate failure for the team you claim to be a fan of. There's no getting around that.

Yes there is.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Dweeb isnt a cutler hater, just a dweeb who is at least objective

bearsfootball516

Liked Posts:
To get this back on topic...I was expecting this thread to be about Cutlers body language and tic as highlighted by this chicago tribune dance video
[video=youtube_share;Uzcpad_n4Ck]http://youtu.be/Uzcpad_n4Ck[/video]

And I actually like Jays personality with the media. I think he is funny, especially on his radio show. You just have to get that his humor is a dry sarcastic sort of humor. The mans just misunderstood.

Agreed. Sports Illustrated did a big story on him called "You're wrong about Jay Cutler". It's basically tears apart the notion that he has a bad attitude, and shows just how unjustified all the flak he gets is. How a lot of people paint him as this asshole monster, when he's really just a guy who isn't afraid to be himself because he's not going to bow to the media. Here it is.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1189171/index.htm?eref=mySI

Really interesting read.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I really can't name many things I say stupid. Personally, I just think you like to get people you talk to online riled up. Perhaps as an outlet? I don't know.

Oh, also..Umm add Bruce Springsteen and my Dad- and you're set.

Protip, every give or some posts u say something ignorant. You are right, they are mostly not 'stupid.' But ignorant yes. It's like you are a hipster of messageboards. Snubbing down at the general population because you are so awesome irl. Guess what, a lot of posters are successful and happen to fuck around on the internet and don't need to talk about their abs, bros, or nashville travels to get validation, on a messageboard. People who are over 30, actually live real lives and can still have threesomes, even if they don't brah about it on da internet. People that don't like Bruce springsteen, but listen to tom waits, are not hipsters... Live laugh love

Chinese

Liked Posts:
I swear, half of the Cutler haters want to see the team fail just so that they'd get rid of Jay.

I disagree with this. Every hater wants Cutler to succeed and prove each one who did wrong. The problem is some are okay with giving him x amount of years. Mine was done 2 years ago many others are still giving him another year. What happens if this following year he doesn't take a step forward and remains the same, then we will have a new group who are done with him. If he leap frogs then I'll be happy to say I was wrong.
He was not special last year. He was on pace for about 18 ints at the same time breaking Erik Kramers season record for td which Cutler who is suppose to be a superior athlete still hasn't done.

The only measurable fact we have is his past and each year he matches that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I disagree with this. Every hater wants Cutler to succeed and prove each one who did wrong. The problem is some are okay with giving him x amount of years. Mine was done 2 years ago many others are still giving him another year. What happens if this following year he doesn't take a step forward and remains the same, then we will have a new group who are done with him. If he leap frogs then I'll be happy to say I was wrong.
He was not special last year. He was on pace for about 18 ints at the same time breaking Erik Kramers season record for td which Cutler who is suppose to be a superior athlete still hasn't done.

And that's the thing. Instead of winning people over with great performances, Cutler just alienates more and more people each year with the garbage he gives us. He's going into his 6th year with the Bears; anyone who still thinks this guy is a legit franchise QB is emotionally invested in him. Anyone with an objective mindset realizes what he is and what he isn't at this point.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
People can talk all the trash they want to about Cutler, if you don't watch his game and see the bullshit Lovie and Co put him through then you obviously aren't going to be a fan. He is questionably a top 10 QB in the league, but he is the best QB the Bears have ever had without debate. Throw up all the stats you want, I'm done with the bullshit QB's we've had to endure, Craig Krenzel, Rex Grossman, Kyle Orton, Todd Collins, Jonothan Quinn, Chad Hutchinson, Chris Chandler, Kordell Stewart and that's just the past decade. Every one of those QB's are a joke that the Chicago fans were made to believe were legitimate starters.

I'm not sure how far we'll go with Cutler, but it's a breath of fresh air to see we have a GM that actually sees a concern on the roster and puts the best possible plan to fix it in place.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

He was on pace to break that record, having a 2:1 int ratio, having around a top ten passer rating for the season and the Bears had a winning record all before his injury with the Redskins so I can see where you would say he didn't step his game up. This is what Im talking about when it comes to objectivity. I can easily say that he needs to cut down on his int's, the offense was sluggish ,he even locked on to Marshall and he still had one of those meltdown games but you will never see certain posters say anything I just said. It gets old when I can see a new Cutler thread being made and automatically know who is going to come in and bitch. This thread had nothing to do with Cutler's performance and yet the same people came in and did what they did to other threads

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He is questionably a top 10 QB in the league, but he is the best QB the Bears have ever had without debate. Throw up all the stats you want, I'm done with the bullshit QB's we've had to endure, Craig Krenzel, Rex Grossman, Kyle Orton, Todd Collins, Jonothan Quinn, Chad Hutchinson, Chris Chandler, Kordell Stewart and that's just the past decade.

The only part of that that's relevant is the first sentence before the comma, and it's pretty clear that he's not a top 10 QB. I'm not sure he's a top 16 QB at this point, when you add the emergence of the young guys to the dozen+ that were better than him a couple of years ago. The fact that he's better than the endless list of terrible ex-Bear QBs matters not one solitary fuck with regards to winning now.

Chinese

Liked Posts:
He was on pace to break that record, having a 2:1 int ratio, having around a top ten passer rating for the season and the Bears had a winning record all before his injury with the Redskins so I can see where you would say he didn't step his game up. This is what Im talking about when it comes to objectivity. I can easily say that he needs to cut down on his int's, the offense was sluggish ,he even locked on to Marshall and he still had one of those meltdown games but you will never see certain posters say anything I just said

If he can break that bad habitat of locking in he can be that QB we all want him to be.

I'm done here. Been running a high fever for 4 straight days.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If he can break that bad habitat of locking in he can be that QB we all want him to be.

I'm done here. Been running a high fever for 4 straight days.

I suggest taking your ass to the doctor