Dbldrew hates Fields and will let us know

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The irony of this thread is how Fields was so stuck on throwing to Moore today. He went from Moore to his check down today and not much else in terms of his progressions. Another mediocre day in the pocket.

The worst part about today is the difference in comfort in the pocket between Fields and Bagent. I have no idea if Bagent will ever be better than Justin Fields but the reason everyone is screaming for Bagent already is because they see how much more comfortable Bagent is in the pocket. Bagent is already better than Fields in one area.

He may never be better than Fields but you can see he's better in the pocket.
Hey Mr XXXLs and Os can you please do a film breakdown like the rest of the basement Bears bloggers and prove it? Its only 6 attempts it should be light work for you.

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:
If you watched any tape breakdown of Fields last year from a multitude of different people (unbiased sources not related to the Bears, just simply QB evaluators) you'd know that he isn't just one read
His first pass, from the first pre season game this year, was to his third read... on a mesh concept. It went to Blasingame in the flat for 11 yards, and a first down. This was covered by both Tim Jennings, and J.T. O'Sulivan. Don't bother trying to convince people that don't like Fields, they won't listen, and try to refute any evidence shown to prove them wrong.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
His first pass, from the first pre season game this year, was to his third read... on a mesh concept. It went to Blasingame in the flat for 11 yards, and a first down. This was covered by both Tim Jennings, and J.T. O'Sulivan. Don't bother trying to convince people that don't like Fields, they won't listen, and try to refute any evidence shown to prove them wrong.
Yes. Then when refuted they like to report the people that refute them.

Last edited:

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
You are wrong when it comes to judging QBs. Probably because you apprar more caught up in who drafted them rather than their actual abilities

Nope my threshold for making excuses for bad QB play shrunk because of the failure of the person who drafted him, nothing more then that. I'm judging him on how he plays on the fields and for 2 years Fields has not been a good passer.

The funny thing with Fields is I'm not really not making any kind of prediction with him, other then pointing out that if he cant improve on his mental part of the game he will end up a back up QB, while also acknowledging that if he can improve then he could be great. Now I have doubts that can happen, but I have said several times that I hope I'm wrong.

bottom line here Remy the only reason we are having this conversation is because Fields has not been a good passer.. we will see in year 3 once he gets a few real games under his belt..

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Nope my threshold for making excuses for bad QB play shrunk because of the failure of the person who drafted him, nothing more then that. I'm judging him on how he plays on the fields and for 2 years Fields has not been a good passer.

The funny thing with Fields is I'm not really not making any kind of prediction with him, other then pointing out that if he cant improve on his mental part of the game he will end up a back up QB, while also acknowledging that if he can improve then he could be great. Now I have doubts that can happen, but I have said several times that I hope I'm wrong.

bottom line here Remy the only reason we are having this conversation is because Fields has not been a good passer.. we will see in year 3 once he gets a few real games under his belt..
He’s always going to be a inefficient passer that takes a lot of sacks but will generate a ridiculously high percentage of big plays. He’s a home run hitter that strikes out a lot but also gets on base at a high clip due to his running ability. He’s going to be in between Vick & Russell Wilson.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The irony of this thread is how Fields was so stuck on throwing to Moore today. He went from Moore to his check down today and not much else in terms of his progressions. Another mediocre day in the pocket.

The worst part about today is the difference in comfort in the pocket between Fields and Bagent. I have no idea if Bagent will ever be better than Justin Fields but the reason everyone is screaming for Bagent already is because they see how much more comfortable Bagent is in the pocket. Bagent is already better than Fields in one area.

He may never be better than Fields but you can see he's better in the pocket.

Moore had 2 targets. Kmet, Mooney, Foreman and Herbert had 1 each.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
first pass he faked a hand off and stared down Blasingame and then threw it to him.. that was not his 3rd read it was his first, are you thinking of another play? J.T. O'Sulivan even called it his #1 read

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

This just explains why you are wrong about QBs. Doesnt change the fact you are wrong.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
He’s always going to be a inefficient passer that takes a lot of sacks but will generate a ridiculously high percentage of big plays. He’s a home run hitter that strikes out a lot but also gets on base at a high clip due to his running ability. He’s going to be in between Vick & Russell Wilson.
then we need a better QB if you are trying to make a superbowl contender

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
This just explains why you are wrong about QBs. Doesnt change the fact you are wrong.
Cant say I'm wrong about Fields because its too early, but we will see this year wont we..

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:
first pass he faked a hand off and stared down Blasingame and then threw it to him.. that was not his 3rd read it was his first, are you thinking of another play? J.T. O'Sulivan even called it his #1 read
Nope, he didn't... He even altered his arm angle, to get it around the defender. Also, why are you dudes so hell bent on getting people to agree with your weird disdain for Fields?? We're not going to join you, and honestly, it's rather pathetic to see silly.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Wilson won a SB being inefficient. As did Foles. As did Manning in 2015. So no, your premise is wrong again.
what are you calling inefficient because I'm not seeing any of them being inefficient in the passing department

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Trying to figure out why y’all are still arguing with drew. He doesn’t like Fields, period, end of sentence. Nothing will convince him

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Nope, he didn't... He even altered his arm angle, to get it around the defender. Also, why are you dudes so hell bent on getting people to agree with your weird disdain for Fields?? We're not going to join you, and honestly, it's rather pathetic to see silly.
altering his arm angle is not going to a different read. His first read was to 35, he looked at him the whole time and didnt go anywhere else. So you are thinking of a different play or you dont know what going to a different read is..

Also I dont care if you agree with me or not, this is a Bears forum so expect debates about the Bears players and when someone posts factually incorect info to try and make a point I will point it out..

Here is a screen shot of the play that jt o'sullivan broke down and labeled as the 1st read

1stread.png

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Trying to figure out why y’all are still arguing with drew. He doesn’t like Fields, period, end of sentence. Nothing will convince him
Yeah I dont understand it either because I have said multiple times lets wait for some real games from year 3 to see how he has progressed, but here we are..

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:
altering his arm angle is not going to a different read. His first read was to 35, he looked at him the whole time and didnt go anywhere else. So you are thinking of a different play or you dont know what going to a different read is..

Also I dont care if you agree with me or not, this is a Bears forum so expect debates about the Bears players and when someone posts factually incorect info to try and make a point I will point it out..

Here is a scree shot of the play that jt o'sullivan broke down and labeled as the 1st read

View attachment 30792
Why not include the screenshot of him drawing the reads, before he put this overlay?

You know what, never mind... Have at it. I'll let you have your odd fixation on Fields all to yourself lol

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yeah I dont understand it either because I have said multiple times lets wait for some real games from year 3 to see how he has progressed, but here we are..
And yet you’ll still continue to argue

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Why not include the screenshot of him drawing the reads, before he put this overlay?

You know what, never mind... Have at it. I'll let you have your odd fixation on Fields all to yourself lol
that is a screenshot of him drawing the reads, what are you talking about? That play 35 was his first read not his 3rd like it was said.. So someone is thinking of another play or just remembered wrong and made a mistake. Its also the correct read, there was no reason to go off his first read because that was open and got 11 yards, so I'm not bashing Fields with this play, Fields threw to his first read because thats the correct read. But to try and pretend that was his 3rd read to make fields look better is stupid..