Dbldrew hates Fields and will let us know

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
The ppg when Fields started & finished(minus the week 1 monsoon) was hovering around 22ppg, which is actually impressive considering no line and no weapons. But keep trying with those goalposts. I’m sure 25 is an unattainable goal.
and the last 4 games he averaged 15.5ppg so trending downwards.

He had a handful of games where he did it all with his legs and was putting up great rushing yards and points.. then Defenses adjusted and took that away a bit and he couldn't do it with his arm so the points dropped back down

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
last year, but if you want pin point accuracy then we should call it 19.1764706 ppg is that better? didnt know that taking away that .1764706 ppg from him would cause issues for his nuthuggers..
sorry i guess not reading the convo had me thinking you were talking about defense when you said needing a fantastic one. How about we settle for mediocre defense rather than dead last? The Bears offense was closer to middle of the Pack

Taking the 16th and 17th ranked point Os and Ds and averaging them out, this is what it comes out to.
21.44 O
21.76 D
That is directly down the middle of the league in point production.
Where the Bears stood
Bears O- 19.17
Bears D- 27.23

One of these isn't far from the median where as the other was not even close. It was dead last. You wouldn't have needed fantastic defense to overcome Fields "inefficiency", you would have needed anything resembling league average and if you even had that, it would result in a boost to offensive production. You would know this if you knew how football works.

Fields was 11th in the NFL in TDs scored. He did that with no WRs, no OL, the NFL worst defense that not only allowed the most PPG but the highest 3rd down conversion rate and the 3rd highest drive time average. Also it wasnt until the NE game(7th game) to where they finally incorporated designed QB runs which increased offense productivity and efficiency.

It was the absolute worst situation for a QB in the NFL and from a scoring points perspective, they ended up close to the middle all because of him.

But i guess not every QB can will their defense to #1 and #4 like Mitch did in '18 and '19. What a special talent!

Cant believe i just wrote an essay for a guy who doesnt even know ball and im certain is now committed to a bit. Anyways have a great Sunday!

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
sorry i guess not reading the convo had me thinking you were talking about defense when you said needing a fantastic one. How about we settle for mediocre defense rather than dead last? The Bears offense was closer to middle of the Pack

Taking the 16th and 17th ranked point Os and Ds and averaging them out, this is what it comes out to.
21.44 O
21.76 D
Where the Bears stood
Bears O- 19.17
Bears D- 27.23

One of these isn't far from the median where as the other was not even close. It was dead last. You wouldn't have needed fantastic defense to overcome Fields "inefficiency", you would have needed anything resembling league average and if you even had that, it would result in a boost to offensive production. You would know this if you knew how football works.

Fields was 11th in the NFL in TDs scored. He did that with no WRs, no OL, the NFL worst defense that not only allowed the most PPG but the highest 3rd down conversion rate and the 3rd highest drive time average. Also it wasnt until the NE game(7th game) to where they finally incorporated designed QB runs which increased offense productivity and efficiency.

It was the absolute worst situation for a QB in the NFL and from a scoring points perspective, they ended up close to the middle all because of him.

But i guess not every QB can will their defense to #1 and #4 like Mitch did in '18 and '19. What a special talent!

Cant believe i just wrote an essay for a guy who doesnt even know ball and im certain is now committed to a bit. Anyways have a great Sunday!
Buddy, this is waaaay too complicated for him to comprehend. Fecal Five member for a reason

@Gustavus Adolphus

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

21.44 O
21.76 D
Where the Bears stood
Bears O- 19.17
Bears D- 27.23

Can't believe you spent a whole 3 minutes replying to a dildo.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Cant say I'm wrong about Fields because its too early, but we will see this year wont we..

Yes I can say because your logic states you are judging Fields based on Pace sucking at drafting. You did not say you will wait and see.

So by your own logic given you were wrong about Trubs and Jones we can conclude you are wrong about Fields.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:

21.44 O
21.76 D
Where the Bears stood
Bears O- 19.17
Bears D- 27.23

needing a fantastic D to overcome a inefficient QB was actually @bamainatlanta argument, although I do agree with his premise but dont think thats a smart way to build a superbowl team.

So you want to look at the 16th and 17th ranked numbers as some sort of measuring stick? yeah I guess if your happy with being mediocre then great idea but again I'm more interested in superbowls..

And Fields only threw 17 TDs which puts him 17th not 11th and again if your going for average then I'm sure you will be fine with that, but I'm looking at superbowl here so he is going to have to more then double his TD to be in the realm of superbowl caliber Qbs like Mahomes, Burrow or Allen, even if you add in rushing TD.. still has to double them. Thats a tall order for as bamainatlanta put it an inefficient QB

This year will tell the tale of how likely that will happen.. I have my doubts but we will see

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Sorry for not being up to date here(i guess we can subtract telling time from things i cant do and add not being able to read but i guess if we do that then we can add MATH) but what year are you referencing?
kwiruicaqmmsa0yu7yt5xk8&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200w.gif

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Yes I can say because your logic states you are judging Fields based on Pace sucking at drafting. You did not say you will wait and see.

So by you own logic givem you were wrong about Trubs and Jones we can conclude you are wrong about Fields.
I actually gave Fields the benefit of the doubt for most of his first year.. you know what happened? he played like shit.. that QB you like to trash was outplaying him by a country mile. I made that "did Pace pick the wrong QB again" thread almost half way through the year because again Fields played like ass and Jones didnt. My first post in that thread was spelling out that Fields could end up the better player but for evaluating Pace right at that point in time it was looking as a failure from pace again.

So sorry Remy you are 100% incorrect. I'm judging Fields on how bad he has played, he got a much shorter leash because of Pace but again his play has done nothing to point to the fact that Pace got lucky or change my mind. You want to put blind faith into a failure at evaluating the QB position go right ahead, I'm not, I will change my mind on him when his play actually dictates that I should

greg23

Liked Posts:
From butterball biggs article this morning; quoting a scout (who is clearly a hater/racist/moron/all the above)

"I know there is a lot of hype around Fields because of the plays he made with his legs last year,” an NFC scout said last week. “That and the talent upgrades have created a lot of hype. To me, his eyes are the biggest issue. Still a big question mark if he can see the field and work through progressions. He wants to run first, drops his eyes to the rush and look for running lanes too often. Hard to succeed when that’s the case.”

I think he's on a short leash this year (and to help clarify for the mods who can't read/comprehend).....he's playing for his future with the Bears. I have no doubt Poles will look to move on if he still produces like the 31st ranked "passer"

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
From butterball biggs article this morning; quoting a scout (who is clearly a hater/racist/moron/all the above)

"I know there is a lot of hype around Fields because of the plays he made with his legs last year,” an NFC scout said last week. “That and the talent upgrades have created a lot of hype. To me, his eyes are the biggest issue. Still a big question mark if he can see the field and work through progressions. He wants to run first, drops his eyes to the rush and look for running lanes too often. Hard to succeed when that’s the case.”

I think he's on a short leash this year (and to help clarify for the mods who can't read/comprehend).....he's playing for his future with the Bears. I have no doubt Poles will look to move on if he still produces like the 31st ranked "passer"
When you put this in your posts as often as you do, its a dead giveaway.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
needing a fantastic D to overcome a inefficient QB was actually @bamainatlanta argument, although I do agree with his premise but dont think thats a smart way to build a superbowl team.

So you want to look at the 16th and 17th ranked numbers as some sort of measuring stick? yeah I guess if your happy with being mediocre then great idea but again I'm more interested in superbowls..

And Fields only threw 17 TDs which puts him 17th not 11th and again if your going for average then I'm sure you will be fine with that, but I'm looking at superbowl here so he is going to have to more then double his TD to be in the realm of superbowl caliber Qbs like Mahomes, Burrow or Allen, even if you add in rushing TD.. still has to double them. Thats a tall order for as bamainatlanta put it an inefficient QB

This year will tell the tale of how likely that will happen.. I have my doubts but we will see
Total TDs. All QBs had their rushing TDs included to keep it fair.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Lol. He’s on a short leash to PJ Walker & Tyson Bagent! Lmao.

Half the league hates him, half the league loves him. This is nothing new but thanks for useless info. Seems that’s all you are good for.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Lol. He’s on a short leash to PJ Walker & Tyson Bagent! Lmao.

Half the league hates him, half the league loves him. This is nothing new but thanks for useless info. Seems that’s all you are good for.
Reading for Dummies

You shold buy a copy off the internet; they had you in mind as the target market.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Reading for Dummies

You shold buy a copy off the internet; they had you in mind as the target market.
You read this as some sort of validation that Fields was in danger of losing his job to Bagent. In your mind, you literally thought it was a QB competition

greg23

Liked Posts:
You read this as some sort of validation that Fields was in danger of losing his job to Bagent. In your mind, you literally thought it was a QB competition
Thanks for letting me know what I was thinking.

mecha

Liked Posts:
when did we make Bagent the modern day Sausagebacon? his career spans like a combined 2 quarters in mischief land. he's not supplanting Fields. I don't care how short and white he is to fit your needs.