Dbldrew hates Fields and will let us know

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
sorry i guess not reading the convo had me thinking you were talking about defense when you said needing a fantastic one. How about we settle for mediocre defense rather than dead last? The Bears offense was closer to middle of the Pack

Taking the 16th and 17th ranked point Os and Ds and averaging them out, this is what it comes out to.
21.44 O
21.76 D
That is directly down the middle of the league in point production.
Where the Bears stood
Bears O- 19.17
Bears D- 27.23

One of these isn't far from the median where as the other was not even close. It was dead last. You wouldn't have needed fantastic defense to overcome Fields "inefficiency", you would have needed anything resembling league average and if you even had that, it would result in a boost to offensive production. You would know this if you knew how football works.

Fields was 11th in the NFL in TDs scored. He did that with no WRs, no OL, the NFL worst defense that not only allowed the most PPG but the highest 3rd down conversion rate and the 3rd highest drive time average. Also it wasnt until the NE game(7th game) to where they finally incorporated designed QB runs which increased offense productivity and efficiency.

It was the absolute worst situation for a QB in the NFL and from a scoring points perspective, they ended up close to the middle all because of him.

But i guess not every QB can will their defense to #1 and #4 like Mitch did in '18 and '19. What a special talent!

Cant believe i just wrote an essay for a guy who doesnt even know ball and im certain is now committed to a bit. Anyways have a great Sunday!
Bless your heart, he ignored all this

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I actually gave Fields the benefit of the doubt for most of his first year.. you know what happened? he played like shit.. that QB you like to trash was outplaying him by a country mile. I made that "did Pace pick the wrong QB again" thread almost half way through the year because again Fields played like ass and Jones didnt. My first post in that thread was spelling out that Fields could end up the better player but for evaluating Pace right at that point in time it was looking as a failure from pace again.

So sorry Remy you are 100% incorrect. I'm judging Fields on how bad he has played, he got a much shorter leash because of Pace but again his play has done nothing to point to the fact that Pace got lucky or change my mind. You want to put blind faith into a failure at evaluating the QB position go right ahead, I'm not, I will change my mind on him when his play actually dictates that I should
I gave you the benefit of the doubt after Trubs but then you also caped for Jones. So sorry you are 100% incorrect. I am judging you based on how bad your QB evaluation skills are.

And you are right. We should not put blind faith into a failure at evaluating the QB position. Hence why I put no faith in your analysis as you have in fact been a failure in evaluating the QB position. You are the Pace of CCS.

Let's make this simple. Why after Trubs and Jones should we trust what you have to say about QBs?

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
I gave you the benefit of the doubt after Trubs but then you also caped for Jones. So sorry you are 100% incorrect. I am judging you based on how bad your QB evaluation skills are.

And you are right. We should not put blind faith into a failure at evaluating the QB position. Hence why I put no faith in your analysis as you have in fact been a failure in evaluating the QB position. You are the Pace of CCS.
Well we don't all have the experience that you had playing flag football in college so I definitely will get things wrong from time to time..

But that's irrelevant because my comparison of Fields and Jones was at that point in time.. and it was 100% correct at that point in time so your logic is really lacking here Remy.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Well we don't all have the experience that you had playing flag football in college so I definitely will get things wrong from time to time..

But that's irrelevant because my comparison of Fields and Jones was at that point in time.. and it was 100% correct at that point in time so your logic is really lacking here Remy.
Most the way to 600!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

No at that point in time people including me told you that Jones was benefiting from YAC and his play was not sustainable. We were right and you were wrong.

You clearly dont know how to account for the coaching and talent around a QB nor the complexity of the offense or what a QB is being asked to do.

All you are doing is making excuses for your failures all while refusing to understand the circumstances of others which makes you a bit of a hypocrite.

To make this simple let's revisit after this year. If Fields sucks then you get some credibility back. If Fields is good then you probably should retire from QB evaluation.

Last edited:

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
No at that point in time people including me told you that Jones was benefiting from YAC and his play was not sustainable. We were right and you were wrong.

You clearly dont know how to account for the coaching and talent around a QB nor the complexity of the offense or what a QB is being asked to do.

All you are doing is making excuses for your failures all while refusing to understand the circumstances of others which makes you a bit of a hypocrite.

To make this simple let's revisit after this year. If Fields sucks then you get some credibility back. If Fields is good then you probably should retire from QB evaluation
you're not this dumb so please just stop. Your whole argument is based on a thread that I created to go after Pace and Nagy, you know this, I literally said it several times in that thread. I dont care about Mac Jones, I used him because he was useful to attack Pace and thats it.

Now it is amusing how upset the Fields nuthuggers get with the comparison they still bring it up today, and the funny thing is everyone rips on how Jones is as a passer.. and yet that terrible passer has outplayed Fields as a passer both years so kind of a stupid argument to make but whatever.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
you're not this dumb so please just stop. Your whole argument is based on a thread that I created to go after Pace and Nagy, you know this, I literally said it several times in that thread. I dont care about Mac Jones, I used him because he was useful to attack Pace and thats it.

Now it is amusing how upset the Fields nuthuggers get with the comparison they still bring it up today, and the funny thing is everyone rips on how Jones is as a passer.. and yet that terrible passer has outplayed Fields as a passer both years so kind of a stupid argument to make but whatever.

There is nothing more to discuss. You admitted already that people like you that have failed in QB evaluation before should not be trusted. You failed in your evaluation of Trubisky and Jones so by your own admission, nothing you say regarding QB evaluation can be trusted.

Sorry just applying the rules you came up with fairly ie to everyone including you. Let's revisit when you get one of these right.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
There is nothing more to discuss. You admitted already that people like you that have failed in QB evaluation before should not be trusted. You failed in your evaluation of Trubisky and Jones so by your own admission, nothing you say regarding QB evaluation can be trusted.

Sorry just applying the rules you came up with fairly ie to everyone including you. Let's revisit when you get one of these right.
I did not fail in my evaluation in them because I evaluate them based on what they did at that point in time. I do not make any grand future predictions like Mitch or Jones are future hall of fame players. I evaluate in real time thats it nothing more.

Paces job is to evaluate for the future.. thats not my job or what I did. All I have done with Fields is point out his weaknesses that he has shown every week and the most I have ever done with Fields is to say I have my doubts he can improve on those weaknesses but HOPE IM WRONG

also just for fun.. more of all of my complaints about him last year seem to still be here.. yes yes its preseason but it does not look good yet with him doing exactly the same things he did last year..

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I did not fail in my evaluation in them because I evaluate them based on what they did at that point in time. I do not make any grand future predictions like Mitch or Jones are future hall of fame players. I evaluate in real time thats it nothing more.

Paces job is to evaluate for the future.. thats not my job or what I did. All I have done with Fields is point out his weaknesses that he has shown every week and the most I have ever done with Fields is to say I have my doubts he can improve on those weaknesses but HOPE IM WRONG

also just for fun.. more of all of my complaints about him last year seem to still be here.. yes yes its preseason but it does not look good yet with him doing exactly the same things he did last year..

Omg it’s preseason, time to end the season!!!

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It's pretty bad if you watch it. Preseason or not Fields and Getsy shit the bed last week.

(Yes yes.... one game.... but also a very bad no good Bears QB type of game)
Yes. I’m well aware of this. And I still don’t give a fuck. I tend to not make final decisions on 3 drives, 1 of which ended in a TD or FG.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Yes. I’m well aware of this. And I still don’t give a fuck. I tend to not make final decisions on 3 drives, 1 of which ended in a TD or FG.
Who has made a final decision? I sure havent, If I had given up on Fields I would be calling for Bagent to start, which even I havent done that yet..

Nope year 3 is when QBs can take a big step forward so let fields play in real games and see how he does..

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Who is making a final decision?
I really don’t care about the opinion of a QB commentator, one of which who ran out of the end zone in a regular season game and then made up a narrative that Fields was lazy. Did Fields suck Saturday? Yes. Was it just 3 drives? Yes. Do I give a shit? No.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Yeah this isn't true at all. Asking if Pace got it wrong again is you implying that you think Fields poor play will continue not just now but in the future as the only way for him to get it wrong again is to conclude that Fields is a bust. If his not being good was just a point in time evaluation you would have no need to ask such loaded questions. You are asking the question because you clearly have doubts but you want to pretend you are being objective about it. The reality is everyone can see thru you. You clearly think Fields will be a bust which is perfectly fine for you to believe. But again you were clearly wrong about Trubisky and you were clearly wrong about Jones so your evaluation is suspect.

And to be clear the point about being wrong about Jones has nothing to do with whether he was better than Fields. The point was people noted he was dinking and dunking and you defended the dinking and dunking while others said unless he can stretch the field eventually teams will clamp down on his dinking and dunking. You fought against that idea and were proven wrong in 2022. So this isn't about whether Jones is better than Fields. This is about your inability to evaluate QBs in the context of the offenses they run. You don't really understand what you are watching or what to look for and are just judging based on results. Nothing Jones did in 2021 suggested he had mastered the QB position. It suggested he was in a scheme that minimized his weaknesses and focused on what he did best but the same issues he had coming out of college still were there. You just couldn't see it.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I really don’t care about the opinion of a QB commentator, one of which who ran out of the end zone in a regular season game and then made up a narrative that Fields was lazy. Did Fields suck Saturday? Yes. Was it just 3 drives? Yes. Do I give a shit? No.

You seem oddly defensive about this but OK.