Fat Lady is Warming up her Vocals....She Sang

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Just admit you fucked up like you do several times per day by misspelling players names. Your IQ is low double digits and you prove it daily. You get no benefit of doubt, you're a moron.
asshat-class-act.gif

Castor76

Liked Posts:
I don't know if the Cubs are Bringing Hendrick back at a 16M price tag. I could see them pay him the 1.5M and then re-sign him on a 2 year 25M deal that could increase in year 2 or even just a 1 yr 10M deal to give it one more ride. So much will depend on

TL1961

Liked Posts:
They have it in hand. Steele was deserving of his All star bid. Taillon also has rose back to a TOR starter again.

I feel good about using those two work horses to build around.

Bellinger and Matt Chapman would be the ideal off season. Free up the cash from Stroman and Hendricks.

It is a lesser concern and I do get the concern as nothing is a given here. Depth is fine but I would not block anyone
Dude, you are the most over-reactionary person I have ever seen. Taillon had a good 5 game stretch and he "has rose (ugh!risen!!) back to a TOR starter again" ??

I'm happy with how he has pitched lately, but he has a career ERA of 3.99 and has never won more than 14 games. In 6 1/2 season, he has 58 wins. Does that really scream Top of Rotation to you?

It does not to me. It has #3 starter written all over it, at best.

You think he's better than Ohtani? Blake Snell? Even Jack Flaherty or Jordan Montgomery, two pending free agents? (I am not arguing those two are TOR, btw)

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Christopher Morel has some positives, but unless he learns some plate discipline, he's a career utility guy.

He has produced runs, but lots of holes in that swing.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Dude, you are the most over-reactionary person I have ever seen. Taillon had a good 5 game stretch and he "has rose (ugh!risen!!) back to a TOR starter again" ??

I'm happy with how he has pitched lately, but he has a career ERA of 3.99 and has never won more than 14 games. In 6 1/2 season, he has 58 wins. Does that really scream Top of Rotation to you?

It does not to me. It has #3 starter written all over it, at best.

You think he's better than Ohtani? Blake Snell? Even Jack Flaherty or Jordan Montgomery, two pending free agents? (I am not arguing those two are TOR, btw)

I called Swanson a year prior. And it happened. He is the new Jon Lester and the bringer of change.

Bellinger I was lukewarm on but felt was a decent gamble.

I called Jamier weeks prior. Yet again right.

On Swanson most were against it here even though I said that he was the best on the market.

I was right. So screw you all.

Jamier has been the best hitter post dead line and best hitter on the market
Yet again screw you all.

Bunch of losers who bring nothing to the table other than Grammer and spelling checks

Now they are winning more cockroachs are poring in. Awesome.

I could post a article on Taillon and how the Cubs got him working right again. Decent read. Not worth it. Most here will look at a Grammer check vs look at quality info

Last edited:

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I called Swanson a year prior. And it happened. He is the new Jon Lester and the bringer of change.

On Swanson most were against it here even though I said that he was the best on the market.

Yet again screw you all.

Bunch of losers who bring nothing to the table other than Grammer and spelling checks

None of this has anything at all to do with what I posted.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

Yet again screw you all.

*cockroaches
*pouring

TL1961

Liked Posts:

Yet again screw you all.

I could post a article on Taillon and how the Cubs got him working right again. Decent read. Not worth it. Most here will look at a Grammer check vs look at quality info
You had Matt Mervis in the Hall of Fame and then out of baseball within a month. You thought Frank Schwindel was Anthony Rizzo 2.0.

I’m not calling out everybody you’ve ever like I was simply pointing out the Taillon is not a type of the rotation starter. Maybe someday he can be, but you referred to him as “back to being a top of the rotation starter” and there is not a human being on earth, including his wife, who would have considered how many top of the rotation starter at any point thus far in his career.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I really don't frequent this kind of site so I'm not sure how reliable they are but Spotrac has the Brewer's entire staring staff listed
as free agents next year. Not sure I've ever seen that before. If this is correct, this year might be the Brew Crew's last shot for awhile.

Wade MileySP/ SP238.0LLMILUFA$4,500,000
Freddy PeraltaSP28.3RRMILClub / $8M$3,100,000
Eric LauerSP/ SP529.4RLMILUFA-
Adrian HouserSP31.8RRMILUFA-
Corbin BurnesSP/ SP130.0RRMILUFA-
Brandon WoodruffSP/ SP231.7LRMILUFA

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I will say this much, Dansby Swanson was not my first choice at shortstop in FA, and I am very glad to see the Cubs were right. He’s been terrific.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I really don't frequent this kind of site so I'm not sure how reliable they are but Spotrac has the Brewer's entire staring staff listed
as free agents next year. Not sure I've ever seen that before. If this is correct, this year might be the Brew Crew's last shot for awhile.

Wade MileySP/ SP238.0LLMILUFA$4,500,000
Freddy PeraltaSP28.3RRMILClub / $8M$3,100,000
Eric LauerSP/ SP529.4RLMILUFA-
Adrian HouserSP31.8RRMILUFA-
Corbin BurnesSP/ SP130.0RRMILUFA-
Brandon WoodruffSP/ SP231.7LRMILUFA
I saw in a story on ESPN that Burnes is a free agent after 2024. Also, ESPN has a list of free agents after 2023 and the only Milwaukee pitcher I saw listed was Wade Miley with a mutual option, unfortunately.

It did say that burnes felt the relationship with the team was damaged in his arbitration hearing so maybe that’s a good thing down the road

Last edited:

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:

Yet again screw you all.

Grammar*

Castor76

Liked Posts:
Christopher Morel has some positives, but unless he learns some plate discipline, he's a career utility guy.

He has produced runs, but lots of holes in that swing.

His strikeout rate is atrocious, over 36% this year and last. His walk rate has ticked up 0.1 % and the improvement in BA this year over last makes him passable enough as a hitter, but 6-9 guy.

CSF77

Liked Posts:

CSF77

Liked Posts:
His strikeout rate is atrocious, over 36% this year and last. His walk rate has ticked up 0.1 % and the improvement in BA this year over last makes him passable enough as a hitter, but 6-9 guy.
Fair. He has too much Javy going on. Det could not get a bucket of balls from him now.

But Casey has gone meteoric this season. Now #69 in the top 100. In Tenn ATM. OF going to be a issue to find playing time.

Jed has done a hell of a job targeting players. It is a good time to be a Cubs fan.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
6-9 hitter who has no defensive position is not much. Career ph or utility guy.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Yet again screw you all.

You were gone for weeks on end while the Cubs were struggling.....when they put together a few wins....suddenly you reappear. You have had so many bad takes on things over the years that it's impossible to keep track of them all. But to post something like this after all the idiocy over the years is just making you look even more foolish. The guys who have been here awhile, we all know better. We know you as a windsock who is more interested in fucking statistics than the game itself.

This is not a spelling bee....we kid you about that shit...if it upsets you so much get a spell checker for your phone.

Sure, we make mistakes, too.....Knox wanted Turner, I wanted Bogaerts and I do remember you as well as others singing the praises of Correa. Nobody I can remember wanted Swanson.....UNTIL...he was all that was left. Then we all wanted him fearing idiot Hoyer would get shut out. And you had ABSOLUTELY NO references to Swanson being the next Lester until today.

Why don't you ask @Castor76 who was the first one to bring up Candy? It sure as fuck wasn't you.

Castor76

Liked Posts:
6-9 hitter who has no defensive position is not much. Career ph or utility guy.

I make no claim that he is any more than just that. If he cut his K rate by 10 percentage points and it lead to a 0.01 increase in BA and 0.02 increase in OBP over what he's done this year, I'd be perfectly happy with him. Who doesn't like a .270/.350/.530 guy who could give a guy a day off at a few positions or just them them DH a day while he plays the field? If 3 days a week he was spot starting at 2B, 3B, and LF to let the regular starter only have to DH that day, could be very helpful to fatigue late is a season.

Castor76

Liked Posts:
You were gone for weeks on end while the Cubs were struggling.....when they put together a few wins....suddenly you reappear. You have had so many bad takes on things over the years that it's impossible to keep track of them all. But to post something like this after all the idiocy over the years is just making you look even more foolish. The guys who have been here awhile, we all know better. We know you as a windsock who is more interested in fucking statistics than the game itself.

This is not a spelling bee....we kid you about that shit...if it upsets you so much get a spell checker for your phone.

Sure, we make mistakes, too.....Knox wanted Turner, I wanted Bogaerts and I do remember you as well as others singing the praises of Correa. Nobody I can remember wanted Swanson.....UNTIL...he was all that was left. Then we all wanted him fearing idiot Hoyer would get shut out. And you had ABSOLUTELY NO references to Swanson being the next Lester until today.

Why don't you ask @Castor76 who was the first one to bring up Candy? It sure as fuck wasn't you.

I'm not going to claim I was the first to bring up a guy because I just don't know. I do know that I was on the bandwagon to bring Candy to the Cubs fairly early because of some podcasts I watch/listen and he was a guy at a position of need who could be available. If anything, I wish the Cubs had gotten him a month or 6 weeks sooner.

We all screw up in lots of things. Lord knows I spelled Whit Merrifield's name differently almost every time I typed it. Don't get me started on misspelling Adbert Alzolay, which I looked up just now to verify,