Fat Lady is Warming up her Vocals....She Sang

CSF77

Liked Posts:
You were gone for weeks on end while the Cubs were struggling.....when they put together a few wins....suddenly you reappear. You have had so many bad takes on things over the years that it's impossible to keep track of them all. But to post something like this after all the idiocy over the years is just making you look even more foolish. The guys who have been here awhile, we all know better. We know you as a windsock who is more interested in fucking statistics than the game itself.

This is not a spelling bee....we kid you about that shit...if it upsets you so much get a spell checker for your phone.

Sure, we make mistakes, too.....Knox wanted Turner, I wanted Bogaerts and I do remember you as well as others singing the praises of Correa. Nobody I can remember wanted Swanson.....UNTIL...he was all that was left. Then we all wanted him fearing idiot Hoyer would get shut out. And you had ABSOLUTELY NO references to Swanson being the next Lester until today.

Why don't you ask @Castor76 who was the first one to bring up Candy? It sure as fuck wasn't you.

Did not see it. I'm ok with that.

I was in on Swanson

Most wanted Turner because of his lead off skills.

Before all of this most were clamoring on the new SS prospect and all have been meh at best. The best one most were meh on and he plays 2B now while the rest are still meh.

On DH

It is AA but holy fuck that is crazy. Most have him in the top 100 as a AA vs an A ball no where close.

So I will take Swanson.

I'll claim Jamier as I did not get it from a poster.

I never claimed Lester. I caught some hell from it later and in reflection I was wrong on him. He was a lynchpen to the last run as Swanson is this runs lynchpen.

If you read the line I posted it goes into how Swanson got Jed to not deal away talent.

Simple reason. Selling every year is doing nothing. Winning starts now and is lived every day. Jed bought in.

So I expect more of a retention and internal promotions going forward.

F/A and trades should be reserved to filling a void that is not self produced or the leaving player is over marketing his talent. Ie Bryant and Baez. Now Contreras

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I make no claim that he is any more than just that. If he cut his K rate by 10 percentage points and it lead to a 0.01 increase in BA and 0.02 increase in OBP over what he's done this year, I'd be perfectly happy with him. Who doesn't like a .270/.350/.530 guy who could give a guy a day off at a few positions or just them them DH a day while he plays the field? If 3 days a week he was spot starting at 2B, 3B, and LF to let the regular starter only have to DH that day, could be very helpful to fatigue late is a season.
Agreed

He has had production. I just wish he could cut that K rate, but not easy.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Damn, that’s a nice win.

Steele struggled a bit. Bullpen was good.

Just enough. Feels very much like the games they dropped earlier in the year.

3 of 4 from reds. 2 of 3 from Braves. First two against Blue Jays.

If they were smart enough to pitch around Pete Alonso, this could be a really really strong stretch, but it has been very good.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Im still on the fence on the Darvish trade. If Cassie turns into a threat at the major league level I'll eat crow on that trade with pleasure.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Did not see it. I'm ok with that.

I was in on Swanson

Most wanted Turner because of his lead off skills.

Before all of this most were clamoring on the new SS prospect and all have been meh at best. The best one most were meh on and he plays 2B now while the rest are still meh.

On DH

It is AA but holy fuck that is crazy. Most have him in the top 100 as a AA vs an A ball no where close.

So I will take Swanson.

I'll claim Jamier as I did not get it from a poster.

I never claimed Lester. I caught some hell from it later and in reflection I was wrong on him. He was a lynchpen to the last run as Swanson is this runs lynchpen.

If you read the line I posted it goes into how Swanson got Jed to not deal away talent.

Simple reason. Selling every year is doing nothing. Winning starts now and is lived every day. Jed bought in.

So I expect more of a retention and internal promotions going forward.

F/A and trades should be reserved to filling a void that is not self produced or the leaving player is over marketing his talent. Ie Bryant and Baez. Now Contreras
Literally, every site I happened to look at leading up to the trade deadline. Discussed Candelario as a fit for the Cubs. Everywhere everybody all at once.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
What I found to be a entertainment this morning was on Wilson. Turns out no team would trade for him. And his staff hates him due to him calling for pitches that they don't possess.

Then to go off on Cards way and bashing the Cubs

Karma sucks

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Literally, every site I happened to look at leading up to the trade deadline. Discussed Candelario as a fit for the Cubs. Everywhere everybody all at once.

I saw that over the last few days. Most here was sell sell sell. While I flipped to buy and got burnt for it.

We can thank Swanson for making Jed understand that selling every year makes you go nowhere.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Regardless even with all this banter.

They are winning and we are bantering over small shit.

End of the day. Cubs are a conversation piece again

CSF77

Liked Posts:
What matters right now is the Cubs are playing play off quality teams and holding their own.

What we can take from the losses:

1. Few SP that are not holding up.
2. Vs LHSP. David has plugged in a shit ball line up to justify keeping Wisdom around.

But vs RHSP and their A team and a non shite starter. It is good gambling money

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I was talking about here. It jumped on me when Castor brought it up. Everyone here knows I'm not a metrics guy....I let my eyes tell me about a player. I may have seen an AB or two since he left but my memory of him is not a good one. One of the worst looking players I ever saw when he was here, another Gary Scott...I was glad they dumped him. Apparently, he picked up some stuff along the way and has improved.

Castor76

Liked Posts:
Got the first 2. No reason not to go for the sweep tomorrow. Could be really interesting where the teams are when the Cubs and Brewers meet at the end of the month.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
What I found to be a entertainment this morning was on Wilson. Turns out no team would trade for him. And his staff hates him due to him calling for pitches that they don't possess.

Then to go off on Cards way and bashing the Cubs

Karma sucks
I have a lot of fun with it since I am in St. Louis. For some reason that I cannot explain, St. Louis has rallied around him and defended him all year and blamed Marmol simply for pulling him from the catcher spot when in fact, it was the right thing to do. They all seem to have his back after heating Fowler when he came over from the Cubs. I guess Wilson played right into there bullshit by praising the cardinal way, and they fell in love with him.

My friend has no sense of humor when it comes to anyone picking on the Cardinals, even though cardinal fans always joke at the Cubs expense. I sent him a picture of the Murphy’s bleachers sign that said “Tom Hanks may be sorry Wilson, but we are not“ And could not even get a response.

Of course, Wilson contributed three RBIs last night when down nine to nothing

Castor76

Liked Posts:
I do wish they'd adjust the line up slightly to account for how some guys are hitting overall right now.

Tacuhman
Hoerner
Bellinger
Swanson
Candelario
Happ
Morel
Gomes/Suzuki
Madrigal/Gomes

Only reason I don't swap Swanson and Candelario is R/L matchup and versus a LHSP I just might do it anyway.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Now on a buy low guy. Ryu is starting tomorrow. He is coming off TJS so his value going in will be repressed due to that and his age.

But for a 1 year deal. He is not going to command much and could turn into a plus value again.

I'm not sure if I even buy that myself but kicking the tires for established depth. Why not.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
After Sunday’s game with Toronto, the Cubs have a 12 game stretch against really shitty teams. Or as we like to call it “the Brewers’ schedule.”

Somehow it seems like the Brewers have not played a decent team in a fucking month but I guess they’re just playing the schedule we’re about to play.

Castor76

Liked Posts:
After Sunday’s game with Toronto, the Cubs have a 12 game stretch against really shitty teams. Or as we like to call it “the Brewers’ schedule.”

Somehow it seems like the Brewers have not played a decent team in a fucking month but I guess they’re just playing the schedule we’re about to play.

Cubs could easily go 8-4 in their 12 after the Toronto series while the Brewers next 11 after they finish the White Sox has a 5-6 vibe to it. Cubs have a serious chance of being only 1 game back of the Brewers when they come to Chicago at the end of the month. SFG is losing tonight and has a lot of games against winning teams left this month. They could be looking at a 6-10 stretch finishing the month. Philly's remaining schedule doesn't look that daunting so their hold on the #1 WC spot.

Next 2 weeks should be interesting. Just hope it's fun to be a Cubs fan until some time in October.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

If the Cubs are making a move....it should be over the next two weeks. Cubs have the White Sox, Royals and the Tigers while the Brewers have the Dodgers, Texas and the Twins. If MLB wasn't so fucking weird, I'd say it looks pretty good....but it almost never plays out the way you think it will.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
If the Cubs are making a move....it should be over the next two weeks. Cubs have the White Sox, Royals and the Tigers while the Brewers have the Dodgers, Texas and the Twins. If MLB wasn't so fucking weird, I'd say it looks pretty good....but it almost never plays out the way you think it will.
Yep.

The Cubs are 8-3 in their last 11. 1 loss to three playoff teams, and 2 to the Mets. It so often plays out differently than expected.

But they certainly should have a good chance at a good stretch, anyway.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Ross is playing his usual Sunday surrender lineup.

Patrick wisdom at first just to give the opponent a chance to get on base on ground balls to the infielders, while Suzuki and madrigal are in the lineup, and Candelario and Tauchman sit.

I know people have to sit occasionally, but Happ is the guy who needs a break.

Morel with power and terrible OBP inexplicably leads off. What’s the thinking there?

Anyway, they jumped out 2-0 in the top of the first so let’s hope they keep it up.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
It took all of 5 batters for a Blue Jay to reach base on what should have been an out. Hit it to Wisdom.

3 runs so far on one legit hit in the inning.

Scorekeepers refuse to give errors this year as they want the batting averages up to prove losing the shift worked, but that was an error, plain and simple.

Last edited: