Fat Lady is Warming up her Vocals....She Sang

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Lefty curse in effect. Oh well Ryu is looking like a decent target next year right now.

Wisdom 2 strike outs. Come on Jed. Pull the plug on that veggie already.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jim Deshaies predicted today the Cubs will be in first before their next series with the Brewers, thus guaranteeing they will be at least three games out.

But I'm okay with that because the pressure will be on whoever is trying to hold onto first.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Jim Deshaies predicted today the Cubs will be in first before their next series with the Brewers, thus guaranteeing they will be at least three games out.

But I'm okay with that because the pressure will be on whoever is trying to hold onto first.

Brewers would have to get some challenges. Cubs have played 2 playoff teams and are holding ground vs the Crew playing lollypops

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Ya Crew playing 3 vs the Dodgers. At best they squeak 1 game. Cubs 2 vs the White floppers.

So they most likely pick up 1.5 here.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Best be getting Hendricks ass out of there before he lets this one get away. He's not fooling anybody. Pushing 60 pitches in the 3rd.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Emabrassing loss tonight. I know this is like the world series for the inempt franchise on the south side, but you don't get beat at home by a team 25 games under .500 during a playoff chase. The Cubs looked uninterested.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Baseball is the riskiest sport to bet in Vegas for a reason. @TL1961 and I called this a couple of days ago. Looking ahead on whose playing who is a complete waste of time. It almost never plays out like you expect. I mean a lot of us said this is a .500 team and that's pretty much what they are...trying to beat the odds in a weak division. The deadline deed is already done, so I hope they make it.

I wouldn't "bet" on it though.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Perfect example is Seattle coming into a series against Kansas City red hot while Kansas City is the second worst teams in all of baseball.

Kc wins game 1.

Seattle took a 7-0 lead tonight and they’re currently 8-8 in extras.

Baseball can be decided by one hot or one cold pitcher, or a fluke play here or there, unlike football where the better team wins a much larger percentage of the time.

But over the 12 game stretch let’s hope the Cubs make some hay.

Last edited:

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Baseball is the riskiest sport to bet in Vegas for a reason. @TL1961 and I called this a couple of days ago. Looking ahead on whose playing who is a complete waste of time. It almost never plays out like you expect. I mean a lot of us said this is a .500 team and that's pretty much what they are...trying to beat the odds in a weak division. The deadline deed is already done, so I hope they make it.

I wouldn't "bet" on it though.
I have a friend that is always asking me for sports betting tips or who I’m betting on. I always tell him that this time of the year is the time I take off from sports betting. I won’t bet baseball because of what you’re talking about

On the bright side, football season is near!

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I have a friend that is always asking me for sports betting tips or who I’m betting on. I always tell him that this time of the year is the time I take off from sports betting. I won’t bet baseball because of what you’re talking about

On the bright side, football season is near!
When I was in Illinois, I was betting five dollars on player parlays just to have something to watch, knowing that it’s not a good bet. One or two, here or there.

In almost every case you have four different players, who need two or more total bases, and in one game the four stars combined for one.

just a little something to keep me interested for a few bucks versus actually betting money that matters.

I am used to buying what we called tickets which are like the 100 squares on football games. Just enough to spur interest when you don’t care about the teams involved.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Phuk

Stroman has right rib cage fracture, no timeline for return

Stroman has right rib cage fracture, no timeline for return
2:00 PM PDT

Marcus Stroman was diagnosed with a right rib cage cartilage fracture, the Cubs announced on Wednesday. The team had said on Tuesday that he would not be making his scheduled return from the injured list due to discomfort in the rib area that needed to be checked out.

There is no timeline for his return at this time.

Stroman has been sidelined since Aug. 1 due to right hip inflammation. He began feeling right rib discomfort on Sunday after throwing a bullpen session, according to manager David Ross.

The right-hander, in his second season with the Cubs, got off to a Cy Young-contending start to the season but began to fall off in late June. In six July starts, he had a 9.11 ERA before being placed on the injured list.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Well that puts a real needle in the Cubs chances. I doubt that many can recover from a rib fracture and get out there in the time needed.

Well I do hope that this causes a chain effect.

Also I doubt that Storman tests free agency. Comp will be high and his injuries will repress his market.

So 21M in hand is not a bad option to reboot his value.

How long does it take for a fractured rib cartilage to heal?

Treatment aims to relieve pain while the injury heals, which can take up to six weeks (in the case of fracture), and 12 weeks or more if the rib has been torn from the cartilage

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The only thing a thinking fan should be upset about is the fact that the dimwit GM was too slow to pull the trigger on a trade of a guy having a career year that could have brought in some nice assets. Now they have damaged goods....great job!!

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Just bring up Horton. Dude is pretty advanced to hold his own. For Smyly. I rather like Assad.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
The only thing a thinking fan should be upset about is the fact that the dimwit GM was too slow to pull the trigger on a trade of a guy having a career year that could have brought in some nice assets. Now they have damaged goods....great job!!

Sto taking the opt went up to 60%. His potential contract took a bash with that.

I would rather keep Stroman vs Hendricks next year and let him walk.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Ya Horton just pitched 5.0. 2 BB 7 K. 0 RUNS. ERA down to 1.38. Fuk it. Pointless to slow mo him. He is pretty much ready.