1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
And the thing is that Fields was both great and sucked at times. Problem is that he played the position where consistency is most valuable.
Early in this video @1:16 he talks about JF being "robotic".....where have we heard that before, which press conference was that mentioned at in relation to gesty.

Since you didn't do your own breakdown, like I did, but choose others....listen to what this guy says at @7:25 about getsy's lousy scheme. The offensive schematics effects everything.

@7:57 the typical pocket collapse. This Alex Rollins never says anything about pass pro.

Last edited:

DefNextYear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Since you didn't do your own breakdown, like I did, but choose others....
No one in here is going to waste their time doing their own Justin Fields film breakdown at this point. The arguments have been debated back and forth ad nauseam and he's gone now.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Early in this video @1:16 he talks about JF being "robotic".....where have we heard that before, which press conference was that mentioned at in relation to gesty. Since you didn't do your own breakdown, like I did, but choose others....listen to what this guy says at @7:25 about getsy's lousy scheme. @7:57 the typical pocket collapse.

No one in here is going to waste their time doing their own Justin Fields film breakdown at this point. The arguments have been debated back and forth ad nauseam and he's gone now.

Because they can't give football breakdowns. And since, as u say, it's a "waste (of) their time doing their own Justin Fields film breakdown at this point."....why bother wasting time coming into the thread in the first place.

Yes JF is gone and I agree lets move on.....yet, since May 13, 2024, 328 people (and counting).... have chosen to come to this thread and weigh in.

Last edited:

inchibearfan

Liked Posts:
Early in this video @1:16 he talks about JF being "robotic".....where have we heard that before, which press conference was that mentioned at in relation to gesty.

Since you didn't do your own breakdown, like I did, but choose others....listen to what this guy says at @7:25 about getsy's lousy scheme. @7:57 the typical pocket collapse. This Alex Rollins never says anything about pass pro.
Watch the first play in that video he posted. Getsy's playcall was great, there was a wide open receiver and a wide open running back. Fields held onto the ball, did not throw, and then ran into the sack. I am not saying Getsy is great, but Getsy is not as bad as it appeared due to Fields not being able to read a defense at times.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Since you didn't do your own breakdown, like I did, but choose others....listen to what this guy says at @7:25 about getsy's lousy scheme. The offensive schematics effects everything.

@7:57 the typical pocket collapse. This Alex Rollins never says anything about pass pro.

Watch the first play in that video he posted. Getsy's playcall was great, there was a wide open receiver and a wide open running back. Fields held onto the ball, did not throw, and then ran into the sack. I am not saying Getsy is great, but Getsy is not as bad as it appeared due to Fields not being able to read a defense at times.

Ok duly noted. schematically I would've liked to have seen a quick slant vs this cov3. Yes I would've released the ball to Scott. Keep in mind, we can find missed wr's for any Qb.
No I can't give getsy a pass. The Bears had no business hiring him

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

You chose to use Dan Orlovsky instead of yourself. Ok....@1:48 Orlovsky says based on his footwork
(which getsy changed from his natural footwork).....JF was thinking to much. Umm, what press conference did we hear about JF being robotic and over thinking 🤔

DefNextYear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Because they can't give football breakdowns. And since, as u say, it's a "waste (of) their time doing their own Justin Fields film breakdown at this point."....why bother wasting time coming into the thread in the first place.

Yes JF is gone and I agree lets move on.....yet, since May 13, 2024, 328 people (and counting).... have chosen to come to this thread and weigh in.
Sure, but weighing in on a forum with light news in May is minimal effort vs. spending hours watching game film and breaking down plays... then uploading them with time stamps and all the rest of it.

All I'm saying is you can ask for that breakdown all you want and no one will give it to you whether or not they can.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Sure, but weighing in on a forum with light news in May is minimal effort vs. spending hours watching game film and breaking down plays... then uploading them with time stamps and all the rest of it.

All I'm saying is you can ask for that breakdown all you want and no one will give it to you whether or not they can.

In this thread,,,,,
I looked at some film a day or so ago in about 8 minutes and did an analysis of the passing, the routes used etc. (I was questioned and disparaged for it) So that's why I issued them the challenge of producing their own play break down.
I never suggested someone spend hours.

Last edited:

greg23

Liked Posts:
And the thing is that Fields was both great and sucked at times. Problem is that he played the position where consistency is most valuable.
But when was he actually great in the passing game....4 or 5 or 6 times out of 40 starts.......that's not being great very often vs he has average to poor the other 35 times

greg23

Liked Posts:
Can't wait for @run and shoot breakdowns of Fields's kickoff returns this season . . .
If rb1 is last in the nfl in kick return avg; it because he's clearly getting no help/blocking and the ST coordinator in pitt is ass.....

20 min worth of timestamped kick retun video and breakdown to follow.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not good enough.....it's dan orlovsky.....need a different break down otherwise; RB1 is still the guy!

😂
I could link a few QB school vids but why? With Fields it was not knowing what the ceiling is after 3 years as much as anything else. There was one special and a couple more top prospects in this draft that would have been a mistake to pass on.

Will be interesting to see who does better next year. Fields or Getsy.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I could link a few QB school vids but why? With Fields it was not knowing what the ceiling is after 3 years as much as anything else. There was one special and a couple more top prospects in this draft that would have been a mistake to pass on..

But when was he actually great in the passing game....4 or 5 or 6 times out of 40 starts.......that's not being great very often vs he has average to poor the other 35 times
I meant overall but yah, more meh than good.