If blocking people would also hide their threads...

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
You know you wouldn't have this problem if you implemented my plan and could downvote my post.

Just saying.

Uhhmm I support your freedom to fucktard your way across this board as much as you choose. I do not understand how you are not getting this?

I just think it is funny how all the easily offended quickly rushed to this thread to try to stamp out anything that they may not like. Rather anti-freedom of speech of you.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
I disagree with this suggestion. As hard as it is to see posters acting like internet thugs. Compensating by spewing emasculating insults rather than articulating rational debate.
Censoring them does nothing but create an [echo chamber]. Having counter opinions is important to keeping an even keel and not letting popular opinion skew your own.
Keeps you grounded.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
ab476c92ad33bd36fbcb7e9d0c2e501efe826ec6eb576deb72a0d69e39f96882_1.jpg

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Uhhmm I support your freedom to fucktard your way across this board as much as you choose. I do not understand how you are not getting this?

I just think it is funny how all the easily offended quickly rushed to this thread to try to stamp out anything that they may not like. Rather anti-freedom of speech of you.

Oh you misunderstood what I was saying.

I really don't care about what you or anyone else says. I just want the ability to vote people off the island.

Now, if you are part of the cool crowd, you have nothing to worry about. Otherwise, OFF WITH YOUR HEAD!

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I disagree with this suggestion. As hard as it is to see posters acting like internet thugs. Compensating by spewing emasculating insults rather than articulating rational debate.
Censoring them does nothing but create an [echo chamber]. Having counter opinions is important to keeping an even keel and not letting popular opinion skew your own.
Keeps you grounded.

I think you mistake counter points and people who provide valuable discussion with the purpose of this thread. I block overt trolls and spammers that bring nothing but annoyance and who's only purpose in life is to troll.

napo55

Liked Posts:
What a stupid idea

Thomas Jefferson, Adams, Madison and Hamilton warned about the evils of the Tyranny of the Majority and people like you. This principle guards against a majority repressing the ideas of the minority because the majority opinion can change and you can become the minority the next day. It's also the reason we are a Republic, not a Democracy. I'm sure you never heard about this before. Thank god smarter people than you crafted tenants related to free speech, to prevent the expression of ideas that you would have.

Tenets: A doctrine or principle.
Tenants: One who pays rent.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
If people would just stop making stupid threads in the Bears board that are entirely unrelated to the Bears.

Isn't this something you could just, ya know, DM the mod about if it bothers you so much?!

giphy.gif

you mean like this thread that has nothing to do with the Bears?

Newblood

Liked Posts:
I think I have been convinced. We really should bring back all the posters that have been banned. Banning said posters is a violation of their e-speech.

Where do we file our grievance? Or better yet, who is with me in renting a billboard?

We really should fight for an amendment in the CCS constitution.
NO MORE BANNING!

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Oh you misunderstood what I was saying.

I really don't care about what you or anyone else says. I just want the ability to vote people off the island.

Now, if you are part of the cool crowd, you have nothing to worry about. Otherwise, OFF WITH YOUR HEAD!

Better be careful with that sort of mentality you may find yourself adrift in the ocean.

you mean like this thread that has nothing to do with the Bears?

Exactly like this fucking thread that has zero to do with the bears, and everything to do with the whiners on the forums whose opinions get knocked down and their poor feelers get hurt by it.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
That must be why you have me on ignore. Oh wait, you don't have me on ignore, or anyone else on ignore, because you don't know how it works, all you know is you want it expanded.

Yup idiot indeed.

Just wtf are you talking about? Guys like you are always thinking they're smarter then everyone else. :smh:

Of course I know how the ignore feature works you moron. It hides what the poster says, but still shows that poster made a post. Unfortunately, sometimes my curiosity gets the best of me and I still read the BS.

Now if it were just hidden ......... get it moron?

And to take it to the next level, what the OP said ......

YOU are the idiot! :smh:

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Burque be like

404043182b05da06b46b5330cb23314e.jpg

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Poor Novak - I wonder what he and his 25 alts would do for kicks if that were to happen...

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Probably getting banned from Kyle Longs Twitter .... oh wait ..... :lol:

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I do miss the days where negs had real power. This place changed the day Biff got his first blue bar. :yep:

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Better be careful with that sort of mentality you may find yourself adrift in the ocean.

I'm willing to take that risk. Are you?

Beside, that would mean less people I have to support with my superior fishing skills.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
I think you mistake counter points and people who provide valuable discussion with the purpose of this thread. I block overt trolls and spammers that bring nothing but annoyance and who's only purpose in life is to troll.

Your view of who is an overt troll probably just differs from mine slightly.
I suppose the best argument for the ignore feature to include threads would be Dezbears. While I don't mind his threads he often spams them to the point of the front page being nearly nothing but his threads.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I think I have been convinced. We really should bring back all the posters that have been banned. Banning said posters is a violation of their e-speech.

Where do we file our grievance? Or better yet, who is with me in renting a billboard?

We really should fight for an amendment in the CCS constitution.
NO MORE BANNING!

no, what you should be doing is not crying like a bitch when people post something you do not agree with, or when someone disagrees with you.

Make your point and move on. Instead of trying to censor opinions that you do not like.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I'm willing to take that risk. Are you?

Beside, that would mean less people I have to support with my superior fishing skills.

When you are adrift in the ocean, alone... correct.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
When you are adrift in the ocean, alone... correct.

I'm fine with being alone.

Are you scared of being alone? Do you need someone to take care of you and whisper sweet inspiring words in your ear?

I mean, that would explain why you are so scared of being voted off the island...