Is Jay Cutler salary cap hit, the problem everyone proclaims it to be?

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He's still part of the issue...because he is average

What does that have to do with the hypocritical standard to hold Cutler accountable for all his turnovers but no other QB?

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
What does that have to do with the hypocritical standard to hold Cutler accountable for all his turnovers but no other QB?

Who's saying that?

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Who's saying that?

I can't remember who it was, but on ESPN2 last night after the Toledo vs NIU game, some clown was on excusing Luck's turnovers because "he is trying so hard to win out there". It was the most ridiculous thing I ever heard.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Now you know how we feel when we listen to the ridiculous excuses you guys continually come up with for Cutler.

Which is why you guys make up some yourselves? Let mongo know Mccown only has one td more than turnovers. His ignorance blocks his view

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Duh.

It's honestly mind blowing people still are knocking on cutler. Honestly mind blowing. I only see it on Facebook posts and this board, everyone else realizes the guy isn't remotely the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's not true at all, he gets criticism all over the place. However, many are saying he's playing somewhat better. But I wouldn't expect you to actually say anything else other than over the top exaggerations.

And why do you care so much about is said on MB anyways? Clearly you've shown a knack for making shit up with giving no fucks about it.

You lost your credibility a long damn time ago.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Which is why you guys make up some yourselves? Let mongo know Mccown only has one td more than turnovers. His ignorance blocks his view
Tell him yourself lol.. I'm not responsible for what other people say on here.

All I can speak to are the points I make and I don't need to make up anything when debating Cutler. His numbers and film are more then enough to prove my points which is why you guys never actually debate me on the content of my posts and instead engage in ad hominem attacks.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Probably Spartan or someone, which to these weirdos = lots of people or posters.

#ridiculous

Where did I say a lot of people in my post? I only mentionedt one poster. #learnto read

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Tell him yourself lol.. I'm not responsible for what other people say on here.

All I can speak to are the points I make and I don't need to make up anything when debating Cutler. His numbers and film are more then enough to prove my points which is why you guys never actually debate me on the content of my posts and instead engage in ad hominem attacks.

Gif's and lols aren't really points. Maybe you can help mongo on his point to count cutler's fumbles but not Mccown's

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gif's and lols aren't really points. Maybe you can help mongo on his point to count cutler's fumbles but not Mccown's
Not my problem you only focus on the gifs and choose to ignore everything else I post.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Not my problem you only focus on the gifs and choose to ignore everything else I post.

I guess I'll be on the look out for your post that have content

mecha

Liked Posts:
Broc may be brash and harsh, but I see a lot of truth in his message. many of us are fucking assholes, and he's no exception, but he's OUR fucking asshole, damnit.

also what are you guys still arguing about? it's a dead issue, you can't discuss it any further. I'll wake up tomorrow and this thread will be 21 pages.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
No clue what the other arguments are about. I'm assuming Cutler

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here is how his salary cap stacks up against the other QB's.

Cutler 2016 salary cap hit currently places him at #16th overall

Cutler 2017 salary cap hit currently places him at #20th overall

Cutler 2018 salary cap hit currently places him at #16th overall.

These numbers assume that no other QB is signed to a big contract in the next 3 years.

Going by these numbers I can see why so many people constantly whine about Cutler's ridiculous contract being so detrimental to the team moving forward after the season is over.

:yep:

Cutler was never the cap problem idiots proclaimed. If you wanted to keep Cutler in the first place, then it was a very favorable contract to the bears.

If you didn't want Cutler, than there wasnt any contract you were going to like.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
What I don't understand is how people can say that since McCown has a high amount of TDs (even though his record sucks) it somehow makes Cutler's play look bad. Why can't people just look at how Cutler has played this year vs how he has played last year and see that he has improved?

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Because as much as Cutler has improved, he is not playing as well as a journeyman who nobody thought would ever play as well as he is because he has been a journeyman for a reason

Larsonite

Guacamole Taco
Liked Posts:
Cutler was never the cap problem idiots proclaimed. If you wanted to keep Cutler in the first place, then it was a very favorable contract to the bears.

If you didn't want Cutler, than there wasnt any contract you were going to like.
His contract is set up that he can be cut from years 2017-2020 with very little to no cap hit. I like that! It keeps him from those guaranteed years. It could be a testament to Curler believing in himself or that's all they offered. Either way, he's got to play well to get paid well and that's a good thing.

Sent from a spaghetti monster circling the earth

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Because as much as Cutler has improved, he is not playing as well as a journeyman who nobody thought would ever play as well as he is because he has been a journeyman for a reason
Oh dear god

mecha

Liked Posts:

I was under the impression it was the quarterbacks responsibility to win games.