IST Pirates @ Cubs

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't worry about Schwarber at AA. He is a year out still

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
:rolleyes:

Outside of the bat speed/power, AA was rated "Best Infield Arm in the Florida State League in 2012" and "Best Defensive 2b in the Pacific Coast League in 2014" according to Baseball America. Baez isn't going to be a better base stealer. He doesn't have any more speed than AA. In a switch hitting contest, AA would win. Perhaps you undervalue switch hitting as a talent. AA didn't figure MLB pitching out. So far Baez hasn't figured MLB pitching out. When he does, then you're on to something.

AA might be a more well-rounded and versatile prospect than Baez, but Baez's hit/power potential is so astronomically superior, and hitting is so much more valuable than baserunning/defense, that I really don't understand how you can argue they're equal prospects.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
AA might be a more well-rounded and versatile prospect than Baez, but Baez's hit/power potential is so astronomically superior, and hitting is so much more valuable than baserunning/defense, that I really don't understand how you can argue they're equal prospects.
I haven't argued that they are equal prospects, Captain Strawman.

Liked Posts:
I just think it’s nice the Cubs have this problem right now rather than miring in the crap prospect sandwich that was Brett Jackson and Josh Vitters .....:fist:

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
What? Alcantara is no where near as talented as Baez. Alcantara has speed and pop for a little guy. His defensive is pretty suspect. He has a strong arm, but is not accurate at all. His throws from center were awful last year. Yet again, Baez ceiling is that of a superstar. Alcantara at his best would be a hell of a player but wouldnt hit superstar realm. Yet again, it will figure itself out. Baez is doing him and thats all he needs to worry about.

Also, Parade you are completely wrong about Baez being given anything. When he was drafted, people scoffed he was to high and everyone bitched about the pick. Scouts werent in love with him. He made himself known. Read any big scout out there and they say Baez changed their perception of him. No one had him being a top 10 prospect. After AA, he got cocky and the Cubs wanted to humble him. Scouts said this year is a totally different Javy. A lot more humble. He keeps working like he is I have no doubt this kid is going to make his name known in the majors.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
What? Alcantara is no where near as talented as Baez. Alcantara has speed and pop for a little guy. His defensive is pretty suspect. He has a strong arm, but is not accurate at all. His throws from center were awful last year. Yet again, Baez ceiling is that of a superstar. Alcantara at his best would be a hell of a player but wouldnt hit superstar realm. Yet again, it will figure itself out. Baez is doing him and thats all he needs to worry about.

Also, Parade you are completely wrong about Baez being given anything. When he was drafted, people scoffed he was to high and everyone bitched about the pick. Scouts werent in love with him. He made himself known. Read any big scout out there and they say Baez changed their perception of him. No one had him being a top 10 prospect. After AA, he got cocky and the Cubs wanted to humble him. Scouts said this year is a totally different Javy. A lot more humble. He keeps working like he is I have no doubt this kid is going to make his name known in the majors.
LOL. A #1 pick is always going to get more of a shot than another player. Why? They have more of an investment in that player. As for scouts, the only ones that mattered were the Cubs scouts. If "everyone" bitched about the pick, he wouldn't have been taken.

And I'm going to edit this by saying AA got his shot last year. He was even given the opportunity early this season, too.

Last edited:

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Oh boy, semantic games.
There is nothing semantical about the difference between a prospect and talent.
Prospect- 6b : a likely candidate for a job or position
— in prospect
: possible or likely for the future

Talent- 4a : a special often athletic, creative, or artistic aptitude

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
This just in...scouts report AA is more talented than Baez at tiddleywinks. What other less consequential skills than "hitting the baseball Fucking Hard" is AA also besting Baez at? Stay tuned to find out!

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fowler misplayed the shit out of that ball but made up for it. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Can't tell if the sound is just shit on my feed of the game or if it's the broadcast.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Noah Syndergaard 1-hit shutout thru 5 IP. #Mets 5, #Brewers 0, mid-5

For those of you in the trade all the things camp.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think he was out. Bryant cost jake a no no that dick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk