Jay Cutler takes shots at current Bear in social media post, shows No Remorse!

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
I would have a problem with someone going out with a gun with only one day of shooting training.

Maybe I am old fashioned, but I learned shooting in scouts; we took instruction and target practice several times before we were permitted to carry a gun outside of the range. Responsible gun owning requires a lot of respect and familiarity with that weapon before you point it at a living thing.
Everyone would have a problem with hunting with 1 day of training. It's why it's obvious that Remy is full of it

msadows

Liked Posts:
Whats going on in this thread? Does dbldrew think he's bear grylls?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I asked you to quote me saying that wild boar are not deadly, funny you failed to do this.. it's a strawman argument from you that is just an attempt to change the subject
This is what you said.

We know you have never bear hunted so you have no idea what the accomplishment would feel like hunting a predator that could kill you like a bear nor do you have any idea how easy or hard it would be to keep calm enough to get a good shoot hunting a bear. So you definitely get the dunning kruger for this one

You really are stupid. The bold says I have no idea what it feels like to hunt a predator that can kill me but I already told you I hunted wild boar so you are claiming wild boar are not deadly. This tracks with your claims that wild boar are not large game so it is clear you have no fucking clue what you are talking about.

As you said to me you dont literally have to say wild boar are not deadly when you are claiming someone who hunted will boar has never hunted something that can kill them. It is clearly the logical conclusion drawn from your statement.

Are you going to admit you are wrong that wild boar are not large game? What experience so you have hunting wild boar?

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Let's do a thought experiement. Let's imagine we are on squid game. There are 10 bears and 10 novices with basic knowledge in the use of a gun. We will start them 30 feet away and the Bear has its back turned and does not notice the novice. Our lives depend on who kills who the majority of the time. So we go ten and the winner is who kills whom 6 put of ten times.

Now who is betting the Bear wins the majority of the time and who is betting the novices win the majority of the time?

I'll go first. I am taking the 10 novices.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
This is what you said.

You really are stupid. The bold says I have no idea what it feels like to hunt a predator that can kill me but I already told you I hunted wild boar so you are claiming wild boar are not deadly. This tracks with your claims that wild boar are not large game so it is clear you have no fucking clue what you are talking about.

As you said to me you dont literally have to say wild boar are not deadly when you are claiming someone who hunted will boar has never hunted something that can kill them.

Are you going to admit you are wrong that wild boar are not large game? What experience so you have hunting wild boar.
No I said you had no idea what it would be like to hunt a predator like a bear.. because you have never hunted a bear. Get how that works?

My experience with hunting Boar is a went on a few hunts when I was an early teen out in Colorado and no they do not consider them big game in CO. Was considered an invasive species and they actually successfully have eradicated them.

But most of my hunting experience is here in IL, which feral hogs are also considered an invasive species and don't technically have its own hunting season or license, you can shoot them when deer hunting though, but that has been a recent change, before it was illegal to hunt them at all.

But most of what I hunt is whitetails, and turkey

Shot a 9 point this last fall, and had a cool encounter with a bobcat walking up to the bottom of my tree stand.

Any other questions? Or are you going to give up this stupidity you have been trying to push

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Everyone would have a problem with hunting with 1 day of training. It's why it's obvious that Remy is full of it
Some people grow up in a hunting family and I trust that. But how many people walk away after their first day shooting having hit more than 50% of their shots?

And to send someone like that out to hunt an animal... I'm not sure that person is ready to do mercy if their shot didn't kill the animal.

I said earlier in this thread. I get real judgmental about people who have the wrong relationship with a weapon. So I'm probably coming across as that now.

Bust

Liked Posts:

yah 1 day of training is just campers getting the real basics of essential life tips like first aid, water, lighting a fire, hahha.

average civilian camper not gonna do this shit, hah. this dude hunts in the PNW (my home turf) who woulda thunk so many wild goats. Those goats will never be spotted by the average human in their lifetime cause it's way up in the boonies.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Let's do a thought experiement. Let's imagine we are on squid game. There are 10 bears and 10 novices with basic knowledge in the use of a gun. We will start them 30 feet away and the Bear has its back turned and does not notice the novice. Our lives depend on who kills who the majority of the time. So we go ten and the winner is who kills whom 6 put of ten times.

Now who is betting the Bear wins the majority of the time and who is betting the novices win the majority of the time?

I'll go first. I am taking the 10 novices.
What kind of bear and what kind of gun?

And which novice? My youngest sister knows enough to take the safety off, point and shoot. She also has no chance taking down a grizzly bear thirty feet away.

BBBF

Liked Posts:
Shooting wild boar with a semi auto rifle gives me a semi.

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

And which novice? My youngest sister knows enough to take the safety off, point and shoot. She also has no chance taking down a grizzly bear thirty feet away.
I probably go through 250ish rounds a year target shooting and practicing from distances up to 1000 yds. I won't shoot an animal at those distances but it's fun to hear the gong.
I'd struggle with killing a Griz at 30 yds. Those things just get mad. No thanks, I'll just trip my buddy and run

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No I said you had no idea what it would be like to hunt a predator like a bear.. because you have never hunted a bear. Get how that works?

My experience with hunting Boar is a went on a few hunts when I was an early teen out in Colorado and no they do not consider them big game in CO. Was considered an invasive species and they actually successfully have eradicated them.

But most of my hunting experience is here in IL, which feral hogs are also considered an invasive species and don't technically have its own hunting season or license, you can shoot them when deer hunting though, but that has been a recent change, before it was illegal to hunt them at all.

But most of what I hunt is whitetails, and turkey

Shot a 9 point this last fall, and had a cool encounter with a bobcat walking up to the bottom of my tree stand.

Any other questions? Or are you going to give up this stupidity you have been trying to push

I dont think you understand English. If you want to limit it to just bears then you dont say like a bear. You say you have no experience killing bears. The end. Like denotes something similar not identicial. A wild boar by definition is a predator that can kill like a bear. SMH.

A hog/boar that is 300 to 650 pounds is by definition large game. Whether they have their own hunting season or licence is irrelevant as large game is based on the size not an arbitrary season or licence. Hence why these hog hunters in CO identify wild boar as large game.

Further something can be an invasive species and large game as the two terms have nothing to do with each other. A Lions is obviously big game and if it was in Colorado it would also be an invasive species because it is not native to Colorado. Wild Boar are an invasive species because they are not native to CO. They are also large game because they can get to 300-650 pounds.

So you mostly hunt whitetails and turkey yet have deemd yourself an expert on Bear hunts?

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
yah 1 day of training is just campers getting the real basics of essential life tips like first aid, water, lighting a fire, hahha.

average civilian camper not gonna do this shit, hah. this dude hunts in the PNW (my home turf) who woulda thunk so many wild goats. Those goats will never be spotted by the average human in their lifetime cause it's way up in the boonies.

Lol at Boone and crocket forky. Good shot on him though

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Black Bear as that is what the Cutler story was about. I said an able bodied adult and again I said an unsuspecting Bear so it wouldnt know you are shooting at it until you have already shot a few rounds.

Last edited:

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I dont think you understand English. If you want to limit it to just bears then you dont say like a bear. You say you have no experience killing bears. The end. Like denotes something similar not identicial. A wild boar by definition is a predator that can kill like a bear. SMH.

A hog/boar that is 300 to 650 pounds is by definition large game. Whether they have their own hunting season or licence is irrelevant as large game is based on the size not an arbitrary season or licence. Hence why these hog hunters in CO identify wild boar as large game.

Further something can be an invasive species and large game as the two terms have nothing to do with each other. A Lions is obviously big game and if it was in Colorado it would also be an invasive species because it is not native to Colorado. Wild Boar are an invasive species because they are not native to CO. They are also large game because they can get to 300-650 pounds.

So you mostly hunt whitetails and turkey yet have deemd yourself an expert on Bear hunts?
I think being classified as an invasive species takes them out of "big game" classification. Doesn't mean they aren't "big game" imo. They are bigger and meaner than the average black bear.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think being classified as an invasive species takes them out of "big game" classification. Doesn't mean they aren't "big game" imo. They are bigger and meaner than the average black bear.

From the perspective of licencing sure but they dont magically get smaller because they are invasive. I am talking classification based on size not arbitrary classification based on whether a state wants to get rid of them.

Again it would be like a bunch of Lions showed up and started wrecking shit in CO and got the invasive tag. They are still big game even if CO decides to allow them to be killed without a big game licence.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Some people grow up in a hunting family and I trust that. But how many people walk away after their first day shooting having hit more than 50% of their shots?

And to send someone like that out to hunt an animal... I'm not sure that person is ready to do mercy if their shot didn't kill the animal.

I said earlier in this thread. I get real judgmental about people who have the wrong relationship with a weapon. So I'm probably coming across as that now.
Take the shooting out of it, and STILL no one is going to go out after an afternoon of “training”, and hunt, dress, quarter, and pack out a buck, let alone large game.

Best part about bird hunting: I can come home after work, throw on my vest, grab my dog and shotgun, hit the field, and limit out.

Deer, Elk, etc, I have to prepare my hunt weeks out, setting up trail cams, try to find the buck I want, spend hours figuring out where and when he moves, tenancies, etc. Then get out there the day of the hunt hours before dawn, set up, and hope to get lucky. And if you do get your buck, the real work starts.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Shooting wild boar with a semi auto rifle gives me a semi.
Guns laws are pretty strict here so growing up only had a shotgun and lever action rifle as my grandfather pretty much had them for decades.

Did not get my hands on a semi-automatic until my 20s and realized it was pretty stupid in hindsight to be using manual action weapons as a kid.