Jayden Daniels > Caleb Williams

Liked Posts:
Daniels looks great right now. I suppose for you he has to do it again for the next 3 games.

Denial makes you the special person.
Someone was complaining about Daniels going 18/20.....this forum is a special place. Not really attributing it to you, but the denial is misplaced

Liked Posts:
Williams would be dominating right now if he had all day to throw too.

Daniels looks good but he's clearly not as far ahead processing as caleb is.

I give caleb shit because hes not ready but none of these rookies are. Daniels is being asked to run a very simple offense and its working because he's very talented. Caleb is being asked to run a very complex offense and its not working because our OL is trash.

Come on.....this take has aged poorly in like 30 seconds

msadows

Liked Posts:
He just thew that TD while getting hit. He stays in the pocket. For a mobile QB he doesn't bail out like Caleb.

He's been scrambling nonstop.

I'm not saying he's not good, but you are comparing apples to oranges at this point. He's just a 1 read and run QB at this point.

Caleb is being asked to do much more. Honestly, with this OL daniels would be better at this point because of his athleticism.

This isnt a luxury he would be given in chicago. Look at that pocket

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Someone was complaining about Daniels going 18/20.....this forum is a special place. Not really attributing it to you, but the denial is misplaced
I still don't get how anyone needs to see more. Daniels just set a rookie record for completion percentage. He looks good.

I guess next they'll complain about how bad the Bengals are.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Williams would be dominating right now if he had all day to throw too.

Daniels looks good but he's clearly not as far ahead processing as caleb is.

I give caleb shit because hes not ready but none of these rookies are. Daniels is being asked to run a very simple offense and its working because he's very talented. Caleb is being asked to run a very complex offense and its not working because our OL is trash.
You could just say Daniels looks pretty good for a rookie and CW has struggled a bit. It’s okay, you do t need to make up a ton of excuses. They’re both running NFL offenses

msadows

Liked Posts:
I still don't get how anyone needs to see more. Daniels just set a rookie record for completion percentage. He looks good.

I guess next they'll complain about how bad the Bengals are.

Because I watched a 1 read and run QB the last 3 years.

He's talented but this thread is stupid. Caleb is being asked to do much more, and would look much better too if he had all day to throw.

We drafted caleb so we wouldnt have another 1 read and run qb, and yes, thats what jayden has been doing today. He looks great doing it, but it can only get you so far.

I had no desire to draft this guy

Liked Posts:
Because I watched a 1 read and run QB the last 3 years.

He's talented but this thread is stupid. Caleb is being asked to do much more, and would look much better too if he had all day to throw.

We drafted caleb so we wouldnt have another 1 read and run qb, and yes, thats what jayden has been doing today. He looks great doing it, but it can only get you so far.

I had no desire to draft this guy
This is unbelieveable....more TDs than incompletions...but CW ....

msadows

Liked Posts:
He didn't have much time on the last TD throw. Had an unblocked rusher zeroing in on him. CW may have taken the sack?

He knew where he was throwing from the snap. Caleb has done this multiple times too, he just overshoots a guy.

Collins77

Liked Posts:
I agree with the majority of your takes but I can't even argue with ya about this. Anyone that watches football can see he is 100% more comfortable and looks the part.
He's been scrambling nonstop.

I'm not saying he's not good, but you are comparing apples to oranges at this point. He's just a 1 read and run QB at this point.

Caleb is being asked to do much more. Honestly, with this OL daniels would be better at this point because of his athleticism.

This isnt a luxury he would be given in chicago. Look at that pocket

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He didn't have much time on the last TD throw. Had an unblocked rusher zeroing in on him. CW may have taken the sack?
CW would have spun around, ran backwards, escaped a sack and then launch it 10 yards into the stands

fatkid73

Liked Posts:
Daniels has looked INCREDIBLE tonight. Those who say differently are just being disingenuous. That said, I would love to see what Caleb could do with the clean pockets Daniels has had to throw from tonight. Even when Caleb has time, there is still junk ALWAYS around his feet it seems.

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
He definitely looks like the superior player at this early stage. Time will tell. I had him above CW for the #1 pick and was laughed at. But you can’t teach his height, ability to quickly read the field, his feel for the game, his quick release and deadly accuracy.

The size will come as he grows into his grown man body. Besides human tanks like Andrew Luck have been beaten out of the game. Injuries are too unpredictable — you take the talent and cross your fingers.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Daniels has looked INCREDIBLE tonight. Those who say differently are just being disingenuous. That said, I would love to see what Caleb could do with the clean pockets Daniels has had to throw from tonight. Even when Caleb has time, there is still junk ALWAYS around his feet it seems.

He has looked incredible, most talented NFL QB's look good when their OL and run game look like his tonight.

We will see what happens when he has his first read shut down. Teams are going to react to this tape.