Justin Fields or Caleb Williams?

What would you do with first overall pick?

• Trade Fields and draft Caleb Williams

Votes: 25 29.1%
  • Trade #1 overall pick (big value back) and take Fields

Votes: 58 67.4%
  • Draft Williams and take Fields, put them in competition

Votes: 3 3.5%

• Total voters

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
I keep seeing posters say Fields better “play like he has the last 2 games all season”…. Y’all realize that would be an absolute historic season for a QB? As in most passing TDs in a season ever? As in better than any Mahomes season? That’s the Chicago Bears baseline for a QB worth keeping around? Goddamn…

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Actually can any of those who are hellbent on trading fields and getting Williams even tell me wtf a generational QB is? Does Williams throw the ball farther? Is it a guaranteed playoff spot? Sarcasm aside what is one and does it guarantee success?

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
giphy.gif

well he gives zero leeway for matt nagy essentially wasting Fields first season so, dont care about Urban Meyer. Trevor had a bad season to start his career

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
doesn't guarantee a generational plant though. i still think justin is growing as well so it'll be a much clearer picture by the end of the season
Generational plant is created by generational soil, generational sunlight and generational water. Bears only got tap, concrete mix and the sunlight lamps used to grow weed

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
You don't seem to understand the context of the poll question. The poll question is stick with Justin Fields or go with Caleb Williams. I'd rather go with Williams.

Just because I want to take a shot with Williams doesn't mean I can't evaluate him as a prospect.

I haven't said a damn thing hypocritical so I don't know why you're so bent out of shape like I have?

Lastly if Williams is the generational talent they say he is then I'd rather take the chance of being wrong with my opinion of him and trusting the opinion of the experts. The two aren't mutually exclusive here.

Maybe if you'd take a timeout from being so angry with me all the damn time we could go back to talking ball.
Anger, that's your bit. And you're narcissistic enough to think I have any human emotions at all about your postings. Although I will admit, I do cringe from time to time. Your analysis nowadays is more whataboutisms and hypotheticals than it is actually articulating football thoughts relevant based on actual study.

Biffs idea of football analysis in 2023: what if so and so gets hurt?

Like UWOTM8? What if Rogers didn't tear his Achilles to start the season? What if Mahomes breaks his leg on Sunday?

D.J Moore has missed two games in his entire career and the crux of your argument is health concerns centered around Fields future success about wr who doesn't miss time, oh and something about Grossman because that's apples to apples, Brilliant stuff.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I keep seeing posters say Fields better “play like he has the last 2 games all season”…. Y’all realize that would be an absolute historic season for a QB? As in most passing TDs in a season ever? As in better than any Mahomes season? That’s the Chicago Bears baseline for a QB worth keeping around? Goddamn…
adrien-brody-so-what.gif

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Generational plant is created by generational soil, generational sunlight and generational water. Bears only got tap, concrete mix and the sunlight lamps used to grow weed
04fd9lueg2n4i1t17eb2tr5&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200w.gif

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Lots of assumptions in here

Based on a full body of work (not the most recent 8 quarters of football) Fields is still a bottom 10ish qb.

IF he produces and plays the way he has over the past 8 quarters for almost EVERY game the next 3 months THEN there will be a decision to be made (and likely only if the Bears have pick 1 or 2).

An additional item to consider is that if he continues his play/growth; he will want to be paid (or bears could tag) and his salary would jump drastically in 2025 vs a new 1st round qb on a rookie contract until 2028.

Jesus Christ, you might be even more ignorant than dbl poo, which is impressive to say the least.

By what metrics Is Justin Fields a bottom 10ish QB? Can you elaborate?

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Anger, that's your bit. And you're narcissistic enough to think I have any human emotions at all about your postings. Although I will admit, I do cringe from time to time. Your analysis nowadays is more whataboutisms and hypotheticals than it is actually articulating football thoughts relevant based on actual study.

Like UWOTM8? What if Rogers didn't tear his Achilles to start the season? What if Mahomes breaks his leg on Sunday?

D.J Moore has missed two games in his entire career and the crux of your argument is health concerns centered around Fields future success about wr who doesn't miss time, oh and something about Grossman because that's apples to apples, Brilliant stuff.
Biffs whole thing is hoping Fields fail, he is definitely praying Moore gets hit by a bus or something so he can be right. He definitely thinks Fields is only succeeding because of Moore despite him saying Fields wouldn’t succeed despite of Moore

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Biffs whole thing is hoping Fields fail, he is definitely praying Moore gets hit by a bus or something so he can be right. He definitely thinks Fields is only succeeding because of Moore despite him saying Fields wouldn’t succeed despite of Moore
Hammer on the nail.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Jesus Christ, you might be even more ignorant than dbl poo, which is impressive to say the least.

Da eye test

greg23

Liked Posts:

Please review his

Career stats
Last 20 game stats
First 3 games this year stats

A 2 game stretch doesn't vault one from 30th-ish to a top 10 qb

There are easiky 10-12 qb that are better than him and bottom 10 can still mean he's 23rd-ish

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Again why can't you think in terms of context?

Do you want a QB who is only as good as DJ Moore?

The only one operating on emotional swings are the ones saying they're done with Fields and now acting like we're heading to a .500 record after one win.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Please review his

Career stats
Last 20 game stats
First 3 games this year stats

A 2 game stretch doesn't vault one from 30th-ish

Why are we discussing his career numbers?

What are his numbers THIS year? How do his numbers THIS year stack up to his peers?

You probably have no clue so I'll give you a hint. He's tied for 2nd with Tua for touchdowns, 12th in yards, and 13th in passer rating (minimum 50 attempts).

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

That's Bears fans.
Our brand new rookie QB isn't the best QB ever, therefore he's garbage. We need to get a washed up vet who also isn't the best QB ever anymore.

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I love how you decide for me what I want

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Again why can't you think in terms of context?

Do you want a QB who is only as good as DJ Moore?

The only one operating on emotional swings are the ones saying they're done with Fields and now acting like we're heading to a .500 record after one win.
On what planet is Fields ceiling as far as D.J Moore will take him? I'm certainly not entirely sold on Fields absolutely turning the corner. He needs to continue playing well but to think Fields is incapable of making plays, or extending them, or escaping the pocket because Moore isn't on the field is a bit asinine. That's a two way street where Moore also enjoys success (more than any other time in his career) because he has a QB who can get him the ball on time.

Speed

Liked Posts:
Mahomes scouting report negatives...

Can be inconsistent in his approach
Needs to play inside the offense and show more discipline
Too eager to go big game hunting
Ravenous appetite for the explosive play can also bring unwanted trouble
Willingness to default to playground style appears to limit his ability to get into a consistent rhythm
Needs to improve anticipatory reads and learn to take what the defense gives him
Decision making can go from good to bad in a moment's notice
Operates from a narrow base and allows his upper body and arm to race ahead of his feet
Has a dip and wind-up in his standard release
Explosive delivery and follow-through causes some throws to sail
Needs better touch on intermediate and deep balls
Carries ball a little low in the pocket
Impatient
Will leave pocket prematurely rather than standing in and winning in rhythm
Better as a scrambler than pure runner
Looked a little less mobile in the open field this season

Bust!
Yeah it's a bit grating that some compare Fields and Williams' neutrals/negatives, but don't contrast the positives as much. We're comparing a 3rd year pro just now learning to throw the ball away to a Junior.

Williams feels and evades the pressure better, has a quicker release, and I'd say just a better arm talent with the way he can manipulate his arm slot (Not to be confused with Arm strength). The things he's great at, you can't really teach and are more imperative for a QB to have. It would take A LOT for me to want to keep Fields if we have the opportunity to get Williams.

Even during a Fields good game, 1 WR caught a ball in 3 hours. I can't buy this being sustainable at the moment, but we'll see.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
600+ yards 7 tds(plus 3 rushing) his last two games. But, sure,cherry pick stats if that fits your narrative.

Williams is a rare prospect. This one isn't hard. The only way you think otherwise is if you have an irrational belief in Justin Fields.

Fields needs to play better than he has the last two weeks consistently for the rest of the season to even consider passing on Williams. The numbers the last two.weeks are fluky. Right now, based on his whole career, there are still way to many issues.

I know some of you desperately want Fields to be the answer. He needs to actually do it week in and week out.
Also I’d like to point out if we’re basing anything off the past than the Bears shouldn’t even draft a QB because they kill them. That’s how dumb this post is to me.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Myk