Justin Fields or Caleb Williams?

What would you do with first overall pick?

• Trade Fields and draft Caleb Williams

Votes: 25 29.1%
  • Trade #1 overall pick (big value back) and take Fields

Votes: 58 67.4%
  • Draft Williams and take Fields, put them in competition

Votes: 3 3.5%

• Total voters

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yeah it's a bit grating that some compare Fields and Williams' neutrals/negatives, but don't contrast the positives as much. We're comparing a 3rd year pro just now learning to throw the ball away to a Junior.

Williams feels and evades the pressure better, has a quicker release, and I'd say just a better arm talent with the way he can manipulate his arm slot (Not to be confused with Arm strength). The things he's great at, you can't really teach and are more imperative for a QB to have. It would take A LOT for me to want to keep Fields if we have the opportunity to get Williams.

Even during a Fields good game, 1 WR caught a ball in 3 hours. I can't buy this being sustainable at the moment, but we'll see.
Going to assume this is sarcasm?

Speed

Liked Posts:
Going to assume this is sarcasm?
Why would it be sarcasm? Good QBs spread the rock around. I can't see this being sustainable against non-dumbass teams who try (And fail) to play the ball instead of the man, freeing up DJ to get a million YAC.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Why would it be sarcasm? Good QBs spread the rock around. I can't see this being sustainable against non-dumbass teams who try (And fail) to play the ball instead of the man, freeing up DJ to get a million YAC.
Ahhh ok, it was just stupidity

msadows

Liked Posts:

Yea, let fields ignore the guy who was open all day because some guy named "SPEED" isn't impressed.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not necessarily. Why spread the ball around if the team fails to stop it? You're trying to discredit Fields for giving the ball to the Bears best player?

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Not necessarily. Why spread the ball around if the team fails to stop it? You're trying to discredit Fields for giving the ball to the Bears best player?
He’s also ignoring that Kmet gets the ball as well. Dude has two less tds than Moore and that’s only because of last game

Speed

Liked Posts:

Nobody faulting him for throwing to a wide open man. Steelman the point. It's that nobody even caught a ball even by accident in a 3 hour game. It's good that he's learned Moore #1, and then do whatever else. If he can do this 8 more times I can believe that he's turning the corner. Till then Ill believe the stacks of evidence we have of him being awful over good games against #32, and #31 defense.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Nobody faulting him for throwing to a wide open man. Steelman the point. It's that nobody even caught a ball even by accident in a 3 hour game. It's good that he's learned Moore #1, and then do whatever else. If he can do this 8 more times I can believe that he's turning the corner. Till then Ill believe the stacks of evidence we have of him being awful over good games against #32, and #31 defense.
But he threw the ball to more than Moore in the Denver game…..

Liked Posts:
Mahomes did great vs Detroit without Kelce. 😉 (green letter)
Yup. Besides that it was the Fields to Cole Kmet connection that ate up chunks of yards in the intermediate passing game, coupled with the running game that set up those big plays to Moore in the first place.

I liked that finally instead of looking at the analytics that show Fields is a good PA QB, and patching together a lame gameplan that has Fields looking for the big plays right out of the gate to no avail, Fields and the offense ran a more complete gameplane instead.

Fields looked great the last two weeks by working the grid, and using one play to set up the next, so on and so forth. Cole Kmet and a quality SLOT are a match up nightmare underneath the deep zone(s).

I like seeing that they are using finally using Kmet more effectively. I hope that Fields feeds him the ball even more. Just like with Mahomes and Kelce, Kmet is a quality big target that can move nicely as well as pluck down those contested 50/50s.

I get why the big plays to Moore get the media hype, but they were set up by an effective running game along with a steady diet of Fields to Kmet.

Up until recently having Kmet on the roster reminded me of having Greg Olson and not using him to his full potential all over again.

If Fields will continue to feed Kmet the ball to set up big plays to Moore, then I really want to believe that Fields will continue to grow as a QB.

Speed

Liked Posts:
But he threw the ball to more than Moore in the Denver game…..

Never said he didn't. You're a smart guy infer what game I was specifically referencing. But hey I'll give it to you... Still a long way to go to dispel any truth and/or myths about his vision and how he's reading the game out there.

Even during 'A' Fields good 'GAME', 1 WR caught a ball in 3 hours. I can't buy this being sustainable at the moment, but we'll see.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Never said he didn't. You're a smart guy infer what game I was specifically referencing. But hey I'll give it to you... Still a long way to go to dispel any truth and/or myths about his vision and how he's reading the game out there.
I guess I now have to ask what is a good game to you? His Denver game he was statistically better

Speed

Liked Posts:
I guess I now have to ask what is a good game to you? His Denver game he was statistically better

Was it really? Fumbles (Returned for TD) and INTs also factor into the stats. Everything being equal I'd take a worse completion %, and the same amount of TD's if it meant he didn't gift the other team 7 points in the process. The average margin of victory is usually what? 3 or 4 points?

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Was it really? Fumbles (Returned for TD) and INTs also factor into the stats. Everything being equal I'd take a worse completion %, and the same amount of TD's if it meant he didn't gift the other team 7 points in the process. The average margin of victory is usually what? 3 or 4 points?
Of course but I’m saying statistically it was the better game

Speed

Liked Posts:
Of course but I’m saying statistically it was the better game

Agree to Disagree.

4 TDs 0 To's > 4 TD's -1 from gifting the other team 7 points.

As for what I think constitutes a good game, it's nothing too complicated. Lead successful scoring drives (Whether it was himself that actually logged the TD, or a RB), and hold onto the ball. Nothing overly complicated.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts: