Mandatory mini camp

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Still no NT, Quinn still sucks, Nagy still word salad.. got it. Go bears.

I understand signing Quinn(in theory) but not when the Raiders bailed on him in FA after discovering his injury issue. At least get him at a steep discount for being damaged goods

Canth

Liked Posts:
A couple of interesting tidbits of the Hoge and Jahns vid linked above.

Cole Kmet continues to look really good.

Allen Robinson clearly showing he is the #1 receiver and hasn't missed a beat.

Khalil Herbert looking like the #1 kick returner

Dalton with a couple of good deep balls. Overall, apparently he was clearly the better qb on the day.

On the deep ball front, I found it interesting to hear them talk about how there have just been both a lot more deep throw attempts and also completions with both Dalton and Fields.

And apparently Mack was giving some advice teaching Snowden on some pass rush moves. I have also heard Jahns mention more than once that the Bears are going to need Trevis Gipson to step up this year at OLB. Safe to say, I don't think the Bears are going to be able to rely much on Quinn so they need some young guys to step up.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
People worried about Kmet, Mooney just need to shut the fuck up. Those guys are already more "than just guys."

Montucky

Liked Posts:
People worried about Kmet, Mooney just need to shut the fuck up. Those guys are already more "than just guys."
People just assume anyone the Bears draft to play the skill positions will suck. Darnell Mooney, and a little less so Cole Kmet, are pretty well known around the league as potential breakout guys this coming season.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
People just assume anyone the Bears draft to play the skill positions will suck. Darnell Mooney, and a little less so Cole Kmet, are pretty well known around the league as potential breakout guys this coming season.
I know it is minicamp in shorts but that jahns podcast sounded really promising for kmet and Goodwin

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
They look like reliable starters who can be long term contributors to the team, which is very much welcomed after seeing some of the shit they've produced in recent years.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
They look like reliable starters who can be long term contributors to the team, which is very much welcomed after seeing some of the shit they've produced in recent years.

Yep.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I know it is minicamp in shorts but that jahns podcast sounded really promising for kmet and Goodwin
Its particularly enthusing for Cole Kmet since the one thing that really stood out his rookie year was his physicality. I
Fumbling notwithstanding he had a little Gronk in him after the catch, it was not easy to bring him down. So if he is looking good in open space and getting open that might really unlock his game.

Of the three elite tight ends in the NFL today none were drafted in the first round. The best ever to play the position wasn't either. People who hold back on getting excited about Kmet because of his draft position aren't looking at the big picture. Not saying we've got George Kittle on our hands, but even if Kmet can be good-not-great that puts him in league without about ten players in the whole league. Tight ends are super scarce.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Looks like Dalton had the better day of practice yesterday (@15:49 in the video Canth posted above,
)
Apparently the Rook fumbled another snap and threw a pick yesterday.

Last edited:

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Looks like Dalton had the better day of practice yesterday (@15:49 in the video Canth posted above,
)
Apparently the Rook fumbled another snap and threw a pick yesterday.
I’m glad Fields is throwing some INTs. He’s very critical of himself and will learn from his mistakes.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I’m glad Fields is throwing some INTs. He’s very critical of himself and will learn from his mistakes.

this. Now is the time to test your arm against NFL competition. That’s why I laugh at people who get worked up over poor qb play in camps. Like Tua throwing 5 picks yesterday

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
this. Now is the time to test your arm against NFL competition. That’s why I laugh at people who get worked up over poor qb play in camps. Like Tua throwing 5 picks yesterday
Tua still has a lot to learn. The only difference between him throwing 5 picks in camp compared to someone like Fields throwing INTs is Tua has actual NFL experience. So the 5 picks looks a lot worse.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Tua still has a lot to learn. The only difference between him throwing 5 picks in camp compared to someone like Fields throwing INTs is Tua has actual NFL experience. So the 5 picks looks a lot worse.
The issue is Tua Tagovailoa looked like shit when they put him in despite Ryan Fitzpatrick being kind of a stud for them beforehand. There's already a cloud over him.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
*sigh* Between the end of minicamp and July 27th (reporting day for training camp), it's going to be a Cruel Summer.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its particularly enthusing for Cole Kmet since the one thing that really stood out his rookie year was his physicality.
Fumbling notwithstanding he had a little Gronk in him after the catch, it was not easy to bring him down. So if he is looking good in open space and getting open that might really unlock his game.

Of the three elite tight ends in the NFL today none were drafted in the first round. The best ever to play the position wasn't either. People who hold back on getting excited about Kmet because of his draft position aren't looking at the big picture. Not saying we've got George Kittle on our hands, but even if Kmet can be good-not-great that puts him in league without about ten players in the whole league. Tight ends are super scarce.
I mean, he's no Shaheen, Ben Braunecker and Bradley Sowell