NFL's most fireable coaches after Week 3

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Campbell does some dumb ass shit for sure but he’s at least been winning and has a pair of testicles. For these reasons, I put him over flus

He has been winning because of Ben Johnson who he inherited and the 5 first round picks the Lions had compared to just one for Flus. Poles and Flus only just now got their 2nd and 3rd 1st rounder so lets see how they perform over the course of the season. Campbell is now on his 6th with Arnold.

Do you honestly think if you make Dlus the coach of the Lions they win less? I dont.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I so wish we had Andy so we could whine about clock management after winning multiple super bowls.

Instead the coach we have has his own issues, loses games, and has Andy's clock management problems.

I wish we had him too as he probably drafts Mahomes instead of Trubisky and we would have won a ton of Super Bowls with Mahomes. However that is more an indictment of Pace and Nagy rather than Poles and Flus who werent here for that fuck up.

As for Poles and Flus the jury is still out on them as again this is the first year they have had the talent to really compete.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
"We all know it's a quarterback-driven league," he said (20:30 mark). "You need a guy who puts you in position to win games. And in scouting, we talk about win because of and win with types of quarterbacks. Those are the ones you need to win championships."

IMG_3941.jpeg

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
He has been winning because of Ben Johnson who he inherited and the 5 first round picks the Lions had compared to just one for Flus. Poles and Flus only just now got their 2nd and 3rd 1st rounder so lets see how they perform over the course of the season. Campbell is now on his 6th with Arnold.

Do you honestly think if you make Dlus the coach of the Lions they win less? I dont.

Ehhh….maybe. That’s debatable.

However, replace KOC or LaFleur with Flus and the Vikings/Packers absolutely win less.

Again, I give more credit to Johnson than Campbell, but give credit to Campbell for hiring Johnson to be Offensive Quality Control coach and then identifying him for promotion. That’s important and flus hasn’t been able to hire a worthwhile OC in 2 tries.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ehhh….maybe. That’s debatable.

However, replace KOC or LaFleur with Flus and the Vikings/Packers absolutely win less.

Again, I give more credit to Johnson than Campbell, but give credit to Campbell for hiring Johnson to be Offensive Quality Control coach and then identifying him for promotion. That’s important and flus hasn’t been able to hire a worthwhile OC in 2 tries.

LaFleur yes. KOC maybe. Again KOC has always had more talent than Flus IMO.

As for Campbell, he did not hire Johnson as far as I am aware. Johnson was hired in Miami when Joe Philbin was HC. Johnson came to the Lions in 2019 and Campbell became HC in 2021 and kept him. Kudos to Campbell for retaining him but we simply dont know if Flus would have done the same.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
LaFleur yes. KOC maybe. Again KOC has always had more talent than Flus IMO.

As for Campbell, he did not hire Johnson as far as I am aware. Johnson was hired in Miami when Joe Philbin was HC. Johnson came to the Lions in 2019 and Campbell became HC in 2021 and kept him. Kudos to Campbell for retaining him but we simply dont know if Flus would have done the same.

You’re right Johnson was in Detroit before Campbell but he worked with Johnson in Miami. Dan kept Johnson on the staff and continued to promote him.

I still believe flus is the worst HC in the division so we can agree to disagree on this one.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The Steelers are 3-0.....but you're low key complaining about how they're winning

:brady:
Weird how record doesnt matter anymore. Just like sacks aren't a QB stat this year and the Bears OL is magically bad after being good enough for a couple years. Very interesting how quickly things change!

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Ben Johnson wasn't the OC when Campbell became coach, you dumbass.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ben Johnson wasn't the OC when Campbell became coach, you dumbass.

You cant read. I never said he was. I said he inherited him because he was already with the Lions dumbass. I gave Campbell credit for promoting him in another post but he did in fact inherit him which is what I said.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Disagree. I would say LaFleur is better but remains to be seen on Campbell and KOC. Lions are one year ahead in their rebuild and due to various trades had 5 first round picks that have played 1 year while Poles and Flus have had 1 (Wright). He also has a veteran QB not a rookie. Campbell's 4th down decisions probably cost the Lions a SB appearence. Campbell also inherited Johnson. So swap out Flus and Campbell and I think Flus has a better D than Campbell and Johnson does what he does as OC.

As for KOC, this year looks promising but he inherited Cousins, Jefferson, and Hunter which gave him a significant advantage talent wise. LaFleur has a long enough track record and managed the transition from Rodgers to Love well enough for me to give him the clear nod.

So again I prefer to see how the rest of this year unfolds.
LMFAO, Much rather would have Campbell then that pussyfuck Everlose, that chose to kick the ball deep than grow a pair and kick an onside kick. How well did his "D" step up after that?

Campbell single handedly changed the culture in Detroit, that 4th down call should have worked if the damn receiver just caught the ball. Campbell isn't the reason they didn't make it to the SB, Campbell is the reason they won the NFC North and advanced to the conference Championship game.

Everlose is a steaming pile of hot dog doo.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You cant read. I never said he was. I said he inherited him because he was already with the Lions dumbass. I gave Campbell credit for promoting him in another post but he did in fact inherit him which is what I said.
Give Campbell credit for having the balls to fire his OC in season and then finding the right person (not Shane Waldron) in staff. 100% on Campbell.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
LMFAO, Much rather would have Campbell then that pussyfuck Everlose, that chose to kick the ball deep than grow a pair and kick an onside kick. How well did his "D" step up after that?

Campbell single handedly changed the culture in Detroit, that 4th down call should have worked if the damn receiver just caught the ball. Campbell isn't the reason they didn't make it to the SB, Campbell is the reason they won the NFC North and advanced to the conference Championship game.

Everlose is a steaming pile of hot dog doo.
Cool story bro! Holmes and Johnson still the main architects of the Lions. Campbell just the meatball figurehead.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Give Campbell credit for having the balls to fire his OC in season and then finding the right person (not Shane Waldron) in staff. 100% on Campbell.

Again you cant read. Once again I already gave him credit for promiting Johnson in another post. Does not change the fact Johnson was already with the Lions when Campbell was hired.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Oddly enough, Johnson choose to stay and learn more from that "meathead".

He lost out on several HC jobs and only had 2 opportunities left ie Commanders and Seahawks neither of which he was a lock for. So probably saw the writing on the wall. If he was so gung ho about staying be would not have interviewed and been turned down by Falcons, Panthers and Chargers.