E.Goldman
J.Freeman
D.Trevathon
A.Hicks
J.Sitton
C.Meredith
N.Kwiatkoski
D.Hall

This is of course without the additions he's made so far this year in free agency and the draft which he'll add more young talent which should all help in their own ways but yeah i'll support that. R .Pace has done a fine job in just two years. Taking this team from one of the oldest in the league to one of the youngest in his first year on the job was exactly what we needed but now people still wanna cry cause they don't have the patience for a true rebuild to be done.

Pretty much. The Bears have been a joke for what.....over 10 seasons now? And a lot of seasons even before that. What Ryan Pace is doing is something that we actually haven't seen a Bears GM do. At least not to the extent he's doing it. Getting younger, not over paying for free agents and expecting a quick fix, and relying and focusing on the draft to improve the team. Not to mention, staying financial flexible for the foreseeable future. When this team does start stringing together wins (which I think is sooner than some), the Bears will be in great shape cap wise and in position to take that big swing on a top of the market free agent. But he's taking the patient and calculated approach, which is exactly what this team needed after being as inept as the Browns for an eternity now.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
L.Floyd
J.Howard
C.Whitehair
E.Goldman
J.Freeman
D.Trevathon
A.Hicks
J.Sitton
C.Meredith
N.Kwiatkoski
D.Hall

This is of course without the additions he's made so far this year in free agency and the draft which he'll add more young talent which should all help in their own ways but yeah i'll support that. R .Pace has done a fine job in just two years. Taking this team from one of the oldest in the league to one of the youngest in his first year on the job was exactly what we needed but now people still wanna cry cause they don't have the patience for a true rebuild to be done.

He has added talent after he subtracted it.....offense got worse, defense got better...it won't matter until it shows on the field.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
4.51 vs 4.6 30" vert vs 34" 121" broad jump vs 118" both 6'6" Davis 11 # heavier.

They were pretty close. Don't know about Howards work ethic, but agree Davis was trash. Howard mid 1 would be fine, just not at 3.

Davis didn't participate in the speed events except for the 40....OJ is faster....OJ is faster than Graham.....

I like him.......I like him a lot.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
ron-howard.jpg

latest

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The best thing I can say about this draft is I don't know what the fuck Pace is going to...that is also the worst thing....

I hope he grabs a QB early, but if he doesn't the offense is in desperate need a someone who can make a play....I think OJ is that guy. He can be had below the 3rd pick so if the Bears can trade down to 8 to 10 to grab him I would like it there....

The offense can definitely use another playmaker and OJ Howard would be a great addition but i have really taken a liking to C.McCaffrey especially after the combine and how he killed it in every drill and how smooth he looked catching the ball which is something we don't have with J.Howard. I would love to trade down for one of OJ Howard or C.McCaffrey and think a 1/2 combo of J.Howard/C.McCaffrey would be huge for our offense but a Howard/Howard would be nice as well.

So many ways Pace can go in this draft and nobody has any idea which way he's leaning. What i would give to get a glance at his draft board.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
He has added talent after he subtracted it.....offense got worse, defense got better...it won't matter until it shows on the field.

I agree but to do a rebuild the right way he had to get rid of certain veteran players and contracts and anyone that was just a bad teammate in the locker room and he did all of that. I just think he has done enough so far to deserve the chance to complete this rebuild and after that then people can judge what he did but that would mean at least two more years and maybe three.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
someone will offer to trade up, just depends on what they offer...If you can get a couple teams fighting to trade up you can probably get value that you are looking for.

Nobody is going to trade up for a 5tech or safety, get real! What are these teams trading up for???

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Goodness me we're on to tight ends now? How long before we decide if a punter or long snapper should also be prioritized over QB?

"So team, you have your highest draft position since the start of the 16-game era. What positions are you looking at?"

"Absolutely anything other than the one we've always sucked at, which also happens to be easily the most important and impactful in the game"

"Ok, great plan"

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
What on earth are you talking about? The Bears were never a 'joke' under Lovie Smith. And really, under Trestman/Emery, they were only a joke the 2nd season. Pace has overpaid for NUMEROUS free agents already. Just look at this year's signings. His 2015 offseason was almost a complete wash already. He is 'financial flexible' because he doesn't keep guys like Jeffery, doesn't go after Stephen Gilmore, and has no money invested in offensive skill positions. The only reason the Bears are being compared to the Browns is BECAUSE of Ryan Pace....top 10 busts, no established QB, annual last place finishes.

Unreal.

The Bears were solid with lovie but how long has it been since the bears were relevant? How many times did lovie make the playoffs and how many times did they miss? How many times before lovie? The bears have had a couple random seasons when they were good, but they haven't had sustained success in forever.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Goodness me we're on to tight ends now? How long before decide if a punter or long snapper should also be prioritized over QB?

"So team, you have your highest draft position since the start of the 16-game era. What positions are you looking at?"

"Absolutely anything other than the one we've always sucked at and is easily the most important and impactful in the game"

"Ok, great plan"

You can not make this shit up!!! People are actually suggesting that because there isn't a QB good enough to take at #3 we should find another team that wants to trade up for a QB so we can outsmart them and take a TE. There are multiple pages of them agreeing with this logic!! Even Windy says he would have no problem with this.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Goodness me we're on to tight ends now? How long before we decide if a punter or long snapper should also be prioritized over QB?

"Absolutely anything other than the one we've always sucked at, which also happens to be easily the most important and impactful in the game"

"Ok, great plan"

I think many in this thread acknowledge we want a QB.... this is just a fun little "what if" Pace doesn't take a QB.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
You can not make this shit up!!! People are actually suggesting that because there isn't a QB good enough to take at #3 we should find another team that wants to trade up for a QB so we can outsmart them and take a TE. There are multiple pages of them agreeing with this logic!! Even Windy says he would have no problem with this.

I don't think any team is trading up for a QB this year. Maybe someone would be dumb enough to bite for Fournette.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Pretty much. The Bears have been a joke for what.....over 10 seasons now? And a lot of seasons even before that. What Ryan Pace is doing is something that we actually haven't seen a Bears GM do. At least not to the extent he's doing it. Getting younger, not over paying for free agents and expecting a quick fix, and relying and focusing on the draft to improve the team. Not to mention, staying financial flexible for the foreseeable future.

You realize that no matter now well you think Pace is managing the roster, they will never be successful without a QB. They're finally picking at a spot where they can get any they like, but you say it's too high for them.

And if these improvements you and dabears70 speak about cause the team be to drafting in the 9-16 range again and Darnold, Rosen and Falk are all gone, the QB detractors will be saying "You don't waste a first round pick on the 4th best QB in the draft - there's better value at other positions." I guarantee it.

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
The most dynamic pass catcher in this draft is not Mike Williams or Corey Davis. Heck, the best offensive weapon in this draft is not Leonard Fournette.

Both of those titles belong to O.J Howard.

6'6, 250 pounds with a 4.51 dash time, a 6.85 3-cone drill and a 4.16 20 yard shuttle.

To put the 3-cone time into perspective, he ran it faster than guys like Quincy Wilson, Fabian Moreau and Tredavious White. He beat some of the top CB's in this draft at a drill that is typically a measurement of a player's change of direction ability.

His 20 yard shuttle was faster than Christian McCaffrey, Taywan Taylor, Gareon Conley and many other much smaller guys who should be outrunning this man.

Howard from an athletic standpoint, is an elite talent second only to probably Myles Garrett. He is a match up nightmare from a physical standpoint for pretty much any safety, LB or CB.

I say don't let the tight end tag fool you and draft this man. You can use this guy in so many ways and create havoc the way that the Saints did with Jimmy Graham and the Pats did with Gronk.

Without a legit franchise QB to throw the football to him. This would be a classic case of putting the cart before the horse.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So you want to draft him at #3 because he did well at the Combine, some of you guys are real geeks.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
OJ Howard would be a huge reach at 3. I'm not sure how he is getting all this hype. He has prototypical size and speed, but his college production was lacking. He never took over games or was, as you would expect, that guy that was going to get the ball in the red zone even though everyone knew it and was just unstoppable. I knew he was never really a game changer, but when I looked it up even I was surprised that he had 7 career TD's , 7!!
He is a looks like Tarzan plays like Jane TE.

He was completely misussed in thier offense and when they did give him an opportunity, he cashed in. He was the biggest play threat they had and used him more often as an inline blocker and check down option. Mind numbing really, for the so called best coach in College Ball.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
The drafting of OJ Howard at #3 would fit in perfectly with Ryan Pace's current offseason. I am still in disbelief at his FA signings....I thought he had got his shit together last year, but I see that was just an aberration.

You are surprised he released Cutler and signed a QB to start while (hopefully) drafting a QB to sit and learn?

You are surprised he signed a WR, CB, S, TE?

What is so surprising?

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Fatter, less athletic poor man's Kellen Davis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk