O.J Howard at #3?

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
This is going to be a long month and a half. Hope something leaks that will give us true insight who the Bears are considering at #3...

We can't sit still at #3 and draft Howard. The class is deep with tight ends. Njoku, Leggett, Engram, Hodges, Butt, and Sprinkle are all good options from the 2nd-4th round. If we want Howard, he must be an option after trading back in the 1st, but not at #3.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The fact that you would be happier with Pace drafting Leonard Fournette than O.J Howard pretty much solidifies that you have no idea what you are talking about.

I'm not saying either will be a HOFer but a HOF RB >> HOF TE

The fact is in this draft you will be able to get a very goof TE or RB in the 3rd - 5th round make either choice bad. I wouldn't even take howard in the 10-15 range let alone the #3overall because there is to much talent at the TE position in this years draft. We need to pick a QB, Pass Rusher, or Left Tackle. Ryan Ramczyk would be a better pick then OJ Howard, but at #3 you have to take the QB if he is still there.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
I'm not saying either will be a HOFer but a HOF RB >> HOF TE

The fact is in this draft you will be able to get a very goof TE or RB in the 3rd - 5th round make either choice bad. I wouldn't even take howard in the 10-15 range let alone the #3overall because there is to much talent at the TE position in this years draft. We need to pick a QB, Pass Rusher, or Left Tackle. Ryan Ramczyk would be a better pick then OJ Howard, but at #3 you have to take the QB if he is still there.

And the fact that you would take Ramczyk says all we need to about your knowledge as well.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Draft the best player. Draft the guy who is most likely going to be a difference maker.

Don't take the lesser player at what is deemed a more important position (unless it's a QB). Unless we are talking about the QB position, get the guys who are going to most likely be playmakers at the next level.

Passing on O.J Howard for a player like Solomon Thomas or Jonathan Allen is like passing on an Antonio Gates for a Pernell McPhee (Thomas) or Jurell Casey (Allen).

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
The fact that you would be happier with Pace drafting Leonard Fournette than O.J Howard pretty much solidifies that you have no idea what you are talking about.
Passing on O.J Howard for a player like Solomon Thomas or Jonathan Allen is like passing on an Antonio Gates for a Pernell McPhee (Thomas) or Jurell Casey (Allen).
This is hyperbole or you have just lost your mind.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
My guess is the Bears are going DB at 3.

They were a secondary away from a really good defense and winning 2-3 more games last season. Indy, Jax, SF can pretty squarely be put on the secondary.

The Bears still need to stop the run as well.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:

Terrible rebuttal.

If Pace is going to go BPA and take a non-QB at 3 then I'd rather he take the next AP over the next Vernon Davis but that's just me.

The Bears are a Jordan Howard injury away from being a 0-16 team. If this team is going to have any success offensively next year it's going to on the back of a strong running game not from Glennon force feeding a TE. Having a legit 2 headed monster running game is far more valuable to the Bears than adding a TE that will get maybe 4 targets a game if he's lucky.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Terrible rebuttal.

If Pace is going to go BPA and take a non-QB at 3 then I'd rather he take the next AP over the next Vernon Davis but that's just me.

The Bears are a Jordan Howard injury away from being a 0-16 team. If this team is going to have any success offensively next year it's going to on the back of a strong running game not from Glennon force feeding a TE. Having a legit 2 headed monster running game is far more valuable to the Bears than adding a TE that will get maybe 4 targets a game if he's lucky.

Along with 19 more players on IR like last year. Otherwise they are closer to the 6-10 in 2015.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Along with 19 more players on IR like last year. Otherwise they are closer to the 6-10 in 2015.

Yeah. That was a stupid comment. Even minus Howard, they wouldn't have been 0-16.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Draft the best player. Draft the guy who is most likely going to be a difference maker.

Don't take the lesser player at what is deemed a more important position (unless it's a QB). Unless we are talking about the QB position, get the guys who are going to most likely be playmakers at the next level.

There are people who know a hell of a lot more about football than me who LOVE those two players. I think you've taken it a wee bit to far with that one. Thomas especially is someone who interests me the more I watch him.

I do agree with you on taking the best player regardless of position though. (QB's excluded)

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah. That was a stupid comment. Even minus Howard, they wouldn't have been 0-16.

You'd have a point if i was actually talking about 2015 but I'm talking about this coming season. Howard is the only talent we currently have on offense and he's a TC/preseason knee injury from turning this into 0-16 team. An offense consisting of Glennon, Langford, White, Meredith, and your boy OJ isn't winning shit. If this team wins more than 3 games next season it's going to be because of a dominating running game. If the plan is to completely tank the season for the #1 pick next year then awesome go ahead and pick a TE that will be completely irrelevant to the outcome of games. :shrug:

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
You'd have a point if i was actually talking about 2015 but I'm talking about this coming season. Howard is the only talent we currently have on offense and he's a TC/preseason knee injury from turning this into 0-16 team. An offense consisting of Glennon, Langford, White, Meredith, and your boy OJ isn't winning shit. If this team wins more than 3 games next season it's going to be because of a dominating running game. If the plan is to completely tank the season for the #1 pick next year then awesome go ahead and pick a TE that will be completely irrelevant to the outcome of games. :shrug:

If hypothetically we lost Howard for the year, I would be every cent in my bank account that we win atleast 1 game. Every last cent.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
If hypothetically we lost Howard for the year, I would be every cent in my bank account that we win atleast 1 game. Every last cent.

Let's see: Considering the fact that you predicted the Bears would go 9-7 last year I'd advise you not to wager all your money and end up living on the streets. Clearly your bias prevents you from accurately evaluating how talented this team actually is. Where as I accurately predicted a 3-13 season knowing full well how shit the roster was and anticipating Cutler inevitably getting injured. Right now I see a 3-13 team that's regressed from a scrub starting quality QB to a scrub backup quality QB and who let their best WR walked out the door for nothing. Adding some irrelevant FA role players isn't going to magically improve this team. They'll be lucky to win 3 games WITH Howard having an injury free year playing all 16 games. Without him I seriously don't see how this team wins a single game.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Let's see: Considering the fact that you predicted the Bears would go 9-7 last year I'd advise you not to wager all your money and end up living on the streets. Clearly your bias prevents you from accurately evaluating how talented this team actually is. Where as I accurately predicted a 3-13 season knowing full well how shit the roster was and anticipating Cutler inevitably getting injured. Right now I see a 3-13 team that's regressed from a scrub starting quality QB to a scrub backup quality QB and who let their best WR walked out the door for nothing. Adding some irrelevant FA role players isn't going to magically improve this team. They'll be lucky to win 3 games WITH Howard having an injury free year playing all 16 games. Without him I seriously don't see how this team wins a single game.

The only reason they won 3 games last year was because of all the injuries. 19 on IR I believe and most in the NFL.

If you truly think they win 3 games, then you should HOPE they don't draft a QB because next year we would probably be in position to get Darnold.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
OJ is an impressive specimen and should be a damn good pro. But with holes all over the defense and no QB it won't happen. It would be great if the Bears were so stacked that they could take an OJ in the 1st but TE is a luxury they can't afford that early.

Go draft Watson and pair him up with a TE in the 2nd or 3rd round, now we are talking.

Last edited:

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Never go full Special person. I guess someone had to replace DespBro and you have. 'My bro OJ" lol.