***Official*** Chicago Bears Training Camp Thread!!! (Preamble to the Domination!) (FTO)

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Yeah sucks he drafted Brisker, Gordon, Jones, Wright, Dexter, Stevenson, CW and Odunze.

Really sucks he traded for Moore, Sweat, and Allen.

LMFAO, yall will cunt about everything.
Cw and odunze haven't played a game yet. Brisker probably won't see a 2nd contract with the bears unless he plays better. Gordon took a big step last year but needs to stay healthy otherwise he may not see a 2nd contract with the bears. Wright still needs to show more but was solid as a rookie. Dexter will hopefully be much better this year and needs to be because he was not great last year. Stevenson is a baller.

Don't forget the Claypool trade.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What the hell does VJJ bring to the RBBC that we don't already have? I'm honestly asking.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Maybe but the issue was overblown. Guys miss a day or two in practice and the sky was falling. We already know how the coaching staff will deal with something that's a day to day thing. Now when they start missing games, thats different story
Flus suggesting that Bates may compete for RG doesn't hurt either.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
A couple of years ago, I was critical of Flus letting guys miss practice.

I never mentioned any player's case specifically. A few guys missed. Turns out Eddie Jackson missed for personal reasons. Then it turned out his daughter died.

This place had an absolute meltdown down.
1723031224129.png

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
But we ain’t complaining about QB, WR, RB, K, etc. sucks but Poles went the right direction. If we had gone Oline the first 2 years, we would have had a great line and a sub par QB at helm. We would have been stuck with going to the playoffs every year and being one and done. Then we would have had to trade picks to get our high draft QB.
It certainly looked like he had a keystone plan, even if the OL happen to look like the Keystone Cops to get it done.
buster-keaton.gif

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
What the hell does VJJ bring to the RBBC that we don't already have? I'm honestly asking.
I believe they want him on the roster to return kicks. Also, I don’t think Homer has practiced much and his spot could be in jeopardy. VJJ has shown explosiveness with the ball in his hands. He hasn’t shown the ability to run any of the route tree except the 9.

Moving VJJ might also signal they’re going to keep Johnson as WR five and possibly Carter as WR 6. I would not count out Pettis as WR 6 either. He did muff a punt in the rain but he’s been consistently reliable with his hands as a punt returner over his career.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I believe they want him on the roster to return kicks. Also, I don’t think Homer has practiced much and his spot could be in jeopardy. VJJ has shown explosiveness with the ball in his hands. He hasn’t shown the ability to run any of the route tree except the 9.

Moving VJJ might also signal they’re going to keep Johnson as WR five and possibly Carter as WR 6. I would not count out Pettis as WR 6 either. He did muff a punt in the rain but he’s been consistently reliable with his hands as a punt returner over his career.
Well I would like to see him return a few kicks in a preseason game, then, if they are coming up on cuts. I know that the staff doesn't read this nor would they consider a fan's perspective; It just seems like VJJ should be in the hot seat, and he should show something against a real opponent to defend his spot (even if his role is ST).

msadows

Liked Posts:
Who is the best kick returner on the team?

We dont know because kick returns changed completely.

He also is the only kick returner in the NFL you absolutely can not depend on to field punts, so there is that!

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Cw and odunze haven't played a game yet. Brisker probably won't see a 2nd contract with the bears unless he plays better. Gordon took a big step last year but needs to stay healthy otherwise he may not see a 2nd contract with the bears. Wright still needs to show more but was solid as a rookie. Dexter will hopefully be much better this year and needs to be because he was not great last year. Stevenson is a baller.

Don't forget the Claypool trade.

I think Poles is a big incomplete still.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Or maybe it would have been beneficial to use #75 on a player who was physically able to contribute this year.
Maybe Poles sees this as more than a one year thing.

All the fans here have declared the pick of Kiran A as a mistake because he won’t contribute Week 1 of Year 1.

I guess the Super Bowl window is closing in their eyes.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I mean, every team comes into a season with holes but you're not wrong here.

I question the Rome pick less than the injured Yale kid and Taylor when the interior was has needed an infusion of actual talent rather than thrift store finds.

Personally I would have rolled with Justin and 4-5 more swings in the draft at OL & DL.
You keep referring to the interior offense of line needing a talent infusion while ignoring the fact that he picked up two people on the interior offensive line.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Bears are setting up all these kick returns to be zone blocking plays. It should be herbert or roschon, not velus drops jr.

You dont need speed on the current variation of the kick return, you need vision, one cut ability, and contact balance. If you break past the initial barrier you basically are home free.

Not saying velus cant be good at it, just strange to me the bears are marching out all WR's to test it out when its essentially a slow developing zone run play.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Who is the best kick returner on the team?
I don't mean to seem as though I am coming after you here - I am just curious to know your thought. What do you think is the value of the kick returner?

The kickoff rules look to me like any given return needs to be able to get past one line of defenders - the initial tackler and the two or three guys nearby who have a chance to shepherd him in. To me, VJJ has one half of what it takes to be successful there - he is fast enough to run past the guys who swarm up after that initial attempt at a tackle. Do you have confidence in him bursting through or evading that first tackler?

I do see the value in keeping a guy solely for KR duties - breaking a big return gives you a better chance to run away from the coverage unit than in the past. I remain queasy over that guy being VJJ.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
I think Poles is a big incomplete still.
I like the direction mostly but to act like he's been great in any aspect outside of the #1 pick trade would be false.

It's funny I was listening to something before the draft and they were talking about eagles and ravens generally drafting really well/better than other teams. They also said they often pick guys from the consensus big boards and it isn't really some secret formula. So basically the best drafting teams often draft the consensus best players from different drafting networks. Which tells you a fan could come in and draft better than 90% of teams