***Official*** Chicago Bears Training Camp Thread!!! (Preamble to the Domination!) (FTO)

brundleflyguy

Liked Posts:
Caleb Williams needs to play in the preseason. I’ll die on this hill.

Mahomes usually plays 3 quarters in the preseason. Rest my case.
Completely agree. I get the "we don't want him to get injured" argument, but at this point, he needs reps against teams that want and are allowed to get after him. If he gets injured, that sucks, but if that's the case, then he'd probably get injured in the first few games anyway. If we can't trust the starting o-line in pre-season, how can we trust it during the real season?

Bort

Liked Posts:
Someone in this thread recently posted that Wright is having a bad camp. Is there a source on that?
There have been probably half a dozen reports of Sweat dominating Wright in 11-on-11s all throughout camp.

I think we all get that Sweat is a really tough guy to block , but I'd expect that someone drafted that high would at least to be able to hold his own against a top pass rusher. Wright doesn't have the rookie excuse anymore.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Yea both sides are bad but the OL at least has some depth. The DL has no one at DT behind our starters and we are depending on a 5th round rookie to play a bunch
I'm not even sure what is to be disagreed about. Bears have $20+ mill in cap space. Likely could get yannick/lawson and vaitai at G for 6-7 million combined. Add in a playable DT and you might be looking at 10-12 million spent

Salvaged Ship

Liked Posts:
I'm not even sure what is to be disagreed about. Bears have $20+ mill in cap space. Likely could get yannick/lawson and vaitai at G for 6-7 million combined. Add in a playable DT and you might be looking at 10-12 million spent
Apparently they have just over 12 million in cap space, the 20+ was before signing Caleb and Rome.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Looks like VJJ is moving to RB.

This is a good move.
Our new OC Waldron likes big backs.

Getting a dude with size and speed like VJJ to carry tha ball is a good thing.

Been saying move him to RB for a few years now. Should have a Patterson role where he can play RB and WR in certain formations.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Talks OL in the beginning. Sprays a bit to all fields. Talks up Swift. Good listen as always

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Can you start an IGT about Hard Knocks? I’m not signing up solely for the one Bears season of HK but I’d like to sort of pay attention
Just wait until it's over and then get the thing where they give you like 7 - 10 days free and they'll be replaying the whole thing back to back in one day. I mean that's if you really want to see it.