***Official*** Chicago Bears Training Camp Thread!!! (Preamble to the Domination!) (FTO)

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hope we go ALL OL in the 2025 draft. Let's shore up the line, get an elite center, upgrade where we can, and draft for depth. Outside of MAYBE a DE, I think we go all OL in 2025. Protect Caleb.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Are the dicks reattached now that Jenkins and Wright returned from injury after just a few days?

msadows

Liked Posts:
Cant wait for caleb to play 1 drive in game 3 of the preseason and the bears to deem him "ready" for regular football.

Then when the team shits the bed week 1 vs the titans we can wonder why they thought it was a good idea to sit a rookie during the preseason

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What's the over-under on Jenkins returning to injured status? I feel pretty damn confident we'll see him there a time or two before the season starts.

Maybe but the issue was overblown. Guys miss a day or two in practice and the sky was falling. We already know how the coaching staff will deal with something that's a day to day thing. Now when they start missing games, thats different story

msadows

Liked Posts:

Here is the press conference if anyone is interested, can back track to eberfluss

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Clearly you don’t respect the trenches
Me? I'm just pointing out what Poles has tried to accomplish. It is very obvious Jenkins is often hurt, as good as he is when healthy, that's only a 1/2 season of good. Davis has been a bust. Rookie RT looks to be solid, same with Jones at the left, not all world but serviceable. Disaster is in the middle. Bad Center play last year, Poles brought in, I'm assuming, what he hopes to be the fix for that. Now the problem is Davis and a missing Jenkins when he's missing.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Someone in this thread recently posted that Wright is having a bad camp. Is there a source on that?

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:

Looks like VJJ is moving to RB.

This is a good move.
Our new OC Waldron likes big backs.

Getting a dude with size and speed like VJJ to carry tha ball is a good thing.

DefNextYear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Someone in this thread recently posted that Wright is having a bad camp. Is there a source on that?
I'm not sure who said it, but I don't know that there's an amazing source. I think one major issue is he has to face Sweat, who has been crushing it. So by nature of seeing Sweat dominate, one could say that Wright isn't doing good enough.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats

This is a good move.

I think it is more that it is his best chance to make the team. You don't switch a guy's position like that unless he's not competing for meaningful time at his previous position.

He still needs to work on ball security. I have serious doubts that he finishes his contract with this team.

But hey, if it works out well and he breaks a few long runs with his track speed, color me impressed.

msadows

Liked Posts:

This is a good move.

More likely they saw what C Johnson did and know VJJ cant dream of making a catch like he did on the sideline. One more showing like that and CJ aint clearing the practice squad. Thats already 5 WR's and velus cant return punts, which is why we signed that carter dude.

Trying to find a fit for velus anywhere, lol.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

This is a good move.

Why not? He's standing on the edge of the ledge right now as a WR. Worth a shot....

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why is “personal reasons” in quotes when we now know it was because his mom died?
A couple of years ago, I was critical of Flus letting guys miss practice.

I never mentioned any player's case specifically. A few guys missed. Turns out Eddie Jackson missed for personal reasons. Then it turned out his daughter died.

This place had an absolute meltdown down.