***Official*** Chicago Bears Training Camp Thread!!! (Preamble to the Domination!) (FTO)

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
All of the offensive position groups except offensive line are as good as they‘ve ever been in my time as a Bears fan.

running backs are solid

Of course without saying when your time is that is meaningless. I'd guess your time is sometime after Benson took over and pushed Jones out. Possibly even after Forte.

My time is when Payton was here and I'd say definitely not and hasn't been that solid since even with Jones here. Forte was solid but in a more modern way (that Payton also had covered). But Bears aren't allowed to have that kind of RB any more because we've had a few busts at high pick RBs. So now we get low rounders and everyone twists stats to convince themselves that the bargain bin RBs are solid.

I've wondered if Hester has generally just spoiled my expectations for a returner.

Yeah, I noticed that watching the HOF all TD returns by Hester. It's odd how all those TDs started out by catching the ball, except for I think one where he got it after the bounce. Hester ruined us all making us expect returners to be able to catch the ball.

In a world of it's not what you know but who you know, I'm guessing someone related to VJJ knows Poles. It's the only explanation that he was over drafted by 2 rounds and continues to stick on the team without any ability to be in the 53.
He has to be someone's worthless son they didn't want living in their basement until he was 46.

DefNextYear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Depends on who replaces him. They need speed in the backfield and on special teams. With the new rules, it’s anyone’s guess on how this will play out.
That's fair, but I'm not really saying anything different than that. I admit I word it much more harshly cause I don't see any reason to be excited otherwise. He's done nothing any other random athletic person has done historically.

That's to say, it being a "guess" kind of proves the overall point. He's not trusted nor proven. We can't even say he's not replaceable. And even with the rule change, people would still expect great things from a guy who is great rather than say it's a guess. Statistically, average too... falls right within a standard deviation from the mean of the top 32 as someone who is just meeting expectations of his position. He's also been competing with nobodies cause teams didn't bother to put out their best efforts for KR people with the rules in place... e.g. most of his peers are undrafted.

BearClaw55

GO BEARS
Donator
Liked Posts:
Offense looked bad again today. Eberflus is the common denominator.

Eberflus won’t escape this year if the Bears fail to generate offense again this season. Caleb will be coupled with an offensive minded head coach. Preferably Ben Johnson or the Texans OC.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Eberflus won’t escape this year if the Bears fail to generate offense again this season. Caleb will be coupled with an offensive minded head coach. Preferably Ben Johnson or the Texans OC.

They run different offenses correct? That’s the cycle this team can’t escape. It’s not some giant mystery why the Packers stay good on offense, they have ran I think 3 total schemes this century? Bears change every 2-3 years.

The time to change coaches was in January. What’s the best case here? Waldron looks great and leaves then we become the Buffalo Bills with a worthless defensive HC.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
VEJJ didn't have a lot of returns, but he did average 27 yards a return, which is pretty good. He's obviously done very little though. I had high hopes for him as a rookie, but I am an admitted speed junkie.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wow!

I thought that the Sweat trade was pretty good, yet you won't write home about' it?

Keep you standards high, I guess.
The DJ trade negated the Claypool fiasco and then some. The sweat trade was money. Oh and Allen.

I have a big problem with his drafts 3 and on.

RuszBron1

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
What the hell does VJJ bring to the RBBC that we don't already have? I'm honestly asking.
A good size/speed combination, supposedly a bigger route tree than the other RBs (though he has major problems catching the ball) and good kickoff return ability and the new kickoff rules may actually help his value on the team.

That's all I got and it was not an easy task for me.

I must say, so long as he is on the team, I want him to finally 'get it' and perform, same for all lower ranked or UDFAs.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
BEARS TRAINING CAMP OBSERVATIONS..

Huh? So Fields wasn’t the problem. Are we going to start counting how long Caleb holds the ball ? Aka runs for his life? You haters sharpening your pitchforks yet?