***Official*** Chicago Bears Training Camp Thread!!! (Preamble to the Domination!) (FTO)

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I will personally wait to say they were exceptional picks until they produce in the nfl

Basically you want to cry over moves you dont like but then say you need more time when it comes to potentially good moves.

Same thing with remy’s list like these guys could end up being good but at this point the drafted players have been mediocre at best and it’s way too early to celebrate.

If it isnt way to early to cunt then why is it way too early to celebrate? Be consistent. I have no problem with anyone that needs more time to celebrate.

What I disagree with is saying that but then crying about every move. So let's wait to be postivie but all aboard on being negative.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bro is 10-24, not sure if you know but that's pretty fucking terrible and if he continues to blow games and struggle to create an environment that doesn't facilitate QB develop, Poles will launch his gap toothed ass out of town so quickly.

He's shown so little to justify any sort of confidence.

Poles is not gonna put that 3-14 tear down year on
Eberflus. As much as you want it to happen

An environment that facilitates QB development is not one that has you firing a head coach into the QBs 2nd year.

Eberflus will be here next year

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I actually like poles and think the roster is heading in the right direction. I'm just not going to cope for everything he does like you do

By cope you mean I dont cry over every move and focus more on the overall roster construction. 3 years is about as fast as you can expect a tear down rebuild to be successful so this year is Year 1 of the evaluation period for me.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Poles is not gonna put that 3-14 tear down year on
Eberflus. As much as you want it to happen

An environment that facilitates QB development is not one that has you firing a head coach into the QBs 2nd year.

Eberflus will be here next year
Reality is I doubt Poles outs any stock into Year 1 or 2. This is the first year Poles is probably saying to Flus you have everything you need to be really competitive and your evaluation process starts now.

Unless he is a disaster or it looks like Caleb hates him or is regressing I think he probably gets the next 2 years to prove he is the right guy.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:

Fluser is considering holding CW out of Saturdays game? Lmao. What a clown. Are they going to hide him all season? He needs reps.
The Bears have always had the unique ability to turn any QB into a game managing Kyle Ortonesque player.

Hand duh football off twice, den pass duh ball to get 1st down.

Duh Bears....

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Reality is I doubt Poles outs any stock into Year 1 or 2. This is the first year Poles is probably saying to Flus you have everything you need to be really competitive and your evaluation process starts now.

Unless he is a disaster or it looks like Caleb hates him or is regressing I think he probably gets the next 2 years to prove he is the right guy.

I agree. Poles spoke specifically about continuity and developing a QB. A so so year will not get him fired and it will probably also mean Waldron won't be hired away and Caleb will have a 2nd year in the offense at least. I doubt Waldron even comes here without knowing his job would be secure past 1 season

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Basically you want to cry over moves you dont like but then say you need more time when it comes to potentially good moves.

If it isnt way to early to cunt then why is it way too early to celebrate? Be consistent. I have no problem with anyone that needs more time to celebrate.

What I disagree with is saying that but then crying about every move. So let's wait to be postivie but all aboard on being negative.
???

I have disliked some of the picks but please show me where I have ever written off Gordon, Stevenson, Dexter, brisker, wright.

I have not called any of them busts, and I’m also not ready to say they are excellent players.

Stop being so hyperbolic.

Is criticism literally not allowed on this board? Are you the tone police?

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Eberflus won’t escape this year if the Bears fail to generate offense again this season. Caleb will be coupled with an offensive minded head coach. Preferably Ben Johnson or the Texans OC.

That's already set up to not be giving Williams another system. Promote Waldron to HC assuming he's not complete garbage.

That can actually happen at any point during the season without much of a burp.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
???

I have disliked some of the picks but please show me where I have ever written off Gordon, Stevenson, Dexter, brisker, wright.

I have not called any of them busts, and I’m also not ready to say they are excellent players.

Stop being so hyperbolic.

Is criticism literally not allowed on this board? Are you the tone police?

I didnt say you. You interjected yourself into a convo between @Discus fish salesman and I where he was critical of moves but then wasnt sold on Moore or Sweat trades among other moves.

So I was saying it is strange to be so definitive when being negative but needing to wait and see to be positive.

He claims the Sweat trade is nothing to write home about. He claims trading the Bryce Young pick for Moore, Caleb, Wright, Stevenson, Taylor and a 2nd is nothing to write home about.

If someone is quick to be negative but still needs more time to decide on the above trades then they certainly come off as biased.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Classic Remy putting words in other people's mouths. I said poles trades as a whole have been nothing to write home about. The #1 pick and sweat were great. Claypool was horrific. People hated the value on the Mack trade. Others questioned the value on roquan and Quinn trades. The bates trade is another People questioned as they felt he would've been cut. And obviously a lot of people questioned the value on fields, that is what it is though.

Overall I'm saying his trades have been a mixed bag. FA has been mostly bad. Draft has been okay, undecided still. Trades has been what he's done best simply because the #1 pick trade and sweat trade carry a lot of weight but he's had big misses too.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
So because he's never dropped a kickoff, you think that's a guarantee he has no problems there when he's shown obvious issues being able to do so in other areas? How about you send me the clips proving he's good at KR? I know people like to be snobby about PFF, but VJJ has done nothing to warrant you defending him. He's only been ok... average... whatever you want to name it. And he's only been that in the one area you imply he's good at. He's been shit everywhere else.

View attachment 39755
Here’s a few.

I get it. It’s popular to want to run him out of town. I see a physical, explosive athlete that might be able to exploit a rule change to help the Bears win games.

I think he’s dangerous with the ball in his hands. However, I know he’s a gadget guy and certainly not a punt returner.

Last edited:

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Classic Remy putting words in other people's mouths. I said poles trades as a whole have been nothing to write home about. The #1 pick and sweat were great. Claypool was horrific. People hated the value on the Mack trade. Others questioned the value on roquan and Quinn trades. The bates trade is another People questioned as they felt he would've been cut. And obviously a lot of people questioned the value on fields, that is what it is though.

Overall I'm saying his trades have been a mixed bag. FA has been mostly bad. Draft has been okay, undecided still. Trades has been what he's done best simply because the #1 pick trade and sweat trade carry a lot of weight but he's had big misses too.
He couldn’t have done any better on the Mack trade. He was oft injured, 30yrs old and had a massive contract as well. Getting a 2nd & a 5th was about as much as a GM could do.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I agree. There was pretty incessant whining here from what I remember though
Yes there was a lot of whining. I like Poles but your record is what you are. He’s done some great things, some good things and several bad things but he’s still just 10-24. I think his biggest mistake was keeping Eberflus and the Claypool trade is second. Hoping I’m wrong about Flus.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes there was a lot of whining. I like Poles but your record is what you are. He’s done some great things, some good things and several bad things but he’s still just 10-24. I think his biggest mistake was keeping Eberflus and the Claypool trade is second. Hoping I’m wrong about Flus.
Fluser ain’t it.