***Official*** Chicago Bears Training Camp Thread!!! (Preamble to the Domination!) (FTO)

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Don't forget, "offensive line coach Chris Morgan" is the same one who coached last year's line.
Good old C Mo, one of the only coaches retained from last year. What a move so far

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Stroud had 19 passes all preseason and most of those were 1 game. The other 2 games he threw the ball 4 times each.
Right he got reps. It’s not just about passing. CW has a big problem getting the cadence right.

Stroud played two series in his very first preseason game, which equaled about half a quarter. In his second preseason game as a rookie, he played an entire half, which gave him four series in total. Then, in his final preseason game of 2023, Stroud played just one series

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Classic Remy putting words in other people's mouths. I said poles trades as a whole have been nothing to write home about. The #1 pick and sweat were great. Claypool was horrific. People hated the value on the Mack trade. Others questioned the value on roquan and Quinn trades. The bates trade is another People questioned as they felt he would've been cut. And obviously a lot of people questioned the value on fields, that is what it is though.

Overall I'm saying his trades have been a mixed bag. FA has been mostly bad. Draft has been okay, undecided still. Trades has been what he's done best simply because the #1 pick trade and sweat trade carry a lot of weight but he's had big misses too.
This is again where your bias shows. You cant judge the Bates trade as he hasnt played yet so bringing it up is silly.

Trading Quan yielded Dexter, Sewell, and Edmunds with the money we saved trading him. So not sure how getting 2 starters for the price of 1 isnt a win.

Quinn didnt even play last year and is effecfively retired so getting 4 years of Scott for basically a dude out of the league is a win.

Mack and his 27m cap hit or Brisker for dirt cheap? I take Brisker especially when keeping Mack likely causes us to lose the No 1 pick.

The Young and Sweat trades are slam dunk wins for us.

So the only clearly bad trade was Claypool.

So not sure how collectively that is nothing to write home about.

Last edited:

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Classic Remy putting words in other people's mouths. I said poles trades as a whole have been nothing to write home about. The #1 pick and sweat were great. Claypool was horrific. People hated the value on the Mack trade. Others questioned the value on roquan and Quinn trades. The bates trade is another People questioned as they felt he would've been cut. And obviously a lot of people questioned the value on fields, that is what it is though.

Overall I'm saying his trades have been a mixed bag. FA has been mostly bad. Draft has been okay, undecided still. Trades has been what he's done best simply because the #1 pick trade and sweat trade carry a lot of weight but he's had big misses too.

Bears fans always question these things.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Right he got reps. It’s not just about passing. CW has a big problem getting the cadence right.

Stroud played two series in his very first preseason game, which equaled about half a quarter. In his second preseason game as a rookie, he played an entire half, which gave him four series in total. Then, in his final preseason game of 2023, Stroud played just one series

My point was it doesnt have to be spread across 3 games. There is also the case of Herbert who has never played a preseason snap and was a stud his rookie year.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That's already set up to not be giving Williams another system. Promote Waldron to HC assuming he's not complete garbage.

That can actually happen at any point during the season without much of a burp.

This is not correct. From all reports, Waldron is a pretty quiet guy. Because he knows offense doesn't mean he can be a head coach

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
This is not correct. From all reports, Waldron is a pretty quiet guy. Because he knows offense doesn't mean he can be a head coach

Wasn't the last successful Bears HC a pretty quiet guy?
Boy you're really stretching to fight for Flus, acting like he's your first love.

What is it really, are you afraid if the Bears get rid of Flus they may actually go all the way towards becoming a modern football team?
You can't actually think he's been good at the job.

If Lovie could be a HC then Waldron could be a HC no matter what kind of shade you want to throw his way.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wasn't the last successful Bears HC a pretty quiet guy?
Boy you're really stretching to fight for Flus, acting like he's your first love.

What is it really, are you afraid if the Bears get rid of Flus they may actually go all the way towards becoming a modern football team?
You can't actually think he's been good at the job.

If Lovie could be a HC then Waldron could be a HC no matter what kind of shade you want to throw his way.

Because asking for a head coach to be fired after Caleb's rookie season is moronic and the same cycle repeated prior. Poles isn't going to do it.

And it has nothing to do with love for Flus. Poles chose Flus so maybe learn to deal with it

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't forget, "offensive line coach Chris Morgan" is the same one who coached last year's line.
Yeah. At this point I think it's fair to ask whether the offensive line injury rates are higher than "the norm", if there is such a thing, and whether there are organizational causes.

Reactions: Myk

Moses Moreno

RB1 - VELUS JONES JR
Liked Posts:
Because asking for a head coach to be fired after Caleb's rookie season is moronic and the same cycle repeated prior. Poles isn't going to do it.

And it has nothing to do with love for Flus. Poles chose Flus so maybe learn to deal with it
I was obviously very loud in advocating for the haul but one of the reasons why is because I knew that Eberflus would be on shaky grounds heading into this season.

This season is a win now season for Eberflus - believe it or not, it's pretty freaking clear to me. Any struggles from Caleb, from the OL or from the defense early on will get the fan base, media and eventually the locker room turning on him so swiftly.

The team is ready to win but this guy is a bottom tier HC. Poles needs to thread a needle and have his HC in win now mode and his rookie QB develop. It's all sunshine and rainbows right now because they're high off of the preseason hype but when adversity hits, things will fall at the HC's feet.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
I was obviously very loud in advocating for the haul but one of the reasons why is because I knew that Eberflus would be on shaky grounds heading into this season.

This season is a win now season for Eberflus - believe it or not, it's pretty freaking clear to me. Any struggles from Caleb, from the OL or from the defense early on will get the fan base, media and eventually the locker room turning on him so swiftly.

The team is ready to win but this guy is a bottom tier HC. Poles needs to thread a needle and have his HC in win now mode and his rookie QB develop. It's all sunshine and rainbows right now because they're high off of the preseason hype but when adversity hits, things will fall at the HC's feet.
Flus isn't getting fired unless the team wins like 6 games or less which feels very unlikely. Things would have to fall off the rails for him to be gone this year. He got a 2 year leash when they committed to him with the rookie qb.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

He won't be fired.

If you listen to Poles talk about breaking the cycle, its not going to happen.

If Poles was going to fire him, he would have in the off-season, he did not. Hes riding with Flus and he's made that clear

It doesn't matter what the fans want, or the media.

DefNextYear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Here’s a few.

I get it. It’s popular to want to run him out of town. I see a physical, explosive athlete that might be able to exploit a rule change to help the Bears win games.

I think he’s dangerous with the ball in his hands. However, I know he’s a gadget guy and certainly not a punt returner.

Breathtaking... It's been a hell of a 2 years for the guy. I take back all my unkind words.

Moses Moreno

RB1 - VELUS JONES JR
Liked Posts:
He won't be fired.

If you listen to Poles talk about breaking the cycle, its not going to happen.

If Poles was going to fire him, he would have in the off-season, he did not. Hes riding with Flus and he's made that clear

It doesn't matter what the fans want, or the media.

Eberflus needs to show that he's a Super Bowl winning HC. Continuity with mediocrity isn't a good combination.

They can achieve continuity with Caleb by keeping Waldron and hiring say Vrabel or if you just hire an offensive coordinator that's from the same tree as Waldron.

There's some really interesting things to watch this season outside of the Bears:
-how Waldron meshes with Eberflus vs Carroll, Carroll is a legit, SB winning HC and if Waldron struggles here, it reflects poorly on Eberflus/Poles
-how Fields meshes with Arthur Smith & Tomlin - Fields is a massively talented player IMO and if he thrives in Pittsburgh after his run here, that reflects poorly on Poles/Eberflus
-how Getsy meshes with the Raiders - he's got good weapons and an adequate game manager in Minshew and a defensive HC - if he looks good it reflects poorly on Fields, Eberflus and Poles

There might just be something about the coaching philosophy of these Tampa 2 defensive head coaches that doesn't facilitate philosophy of these Tampa 2 defensive head coaches that creates an environment that makes offensive football not really develop. We watched it for how long with Lovie?

maxhatter

Liked Posts:
Yeah. At this point I think it's fair to ask whether the offensive line injury rates are higher than "the norm", if there is such a thing, and whether there are organizational causes.
I don't think you can blame the organization for injuries; it's football, and injuries happen. However, going into the season, they needed to upgrade the IOL. They replaced Whitehair and Patrick, with Shelton and Bates. I think it's an upgrade, but we won't know until the season starts. With the availability history of Jenkins and Davis, The organization should have added another interior lineman to protect themselves. Maybe the answer can be found between Carter, Murray, Carvin, and the others; but if the organization really believes they have enough depth to protect Williams, why are they afraid to have him play in a pre-season game?

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
That's already set up to not be giving Williams another system. Promote Waldron to HC assuming he's not complete garbage.

That can actually happen at any point during the season without much of a burp.

Seriously? 🤦‍♂️