***Official*** Chicago Bears Training Camp Thread!!! (Preamble to the Domination!) (FTO)

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Yeah. At this point I think it's fair to ask whether the offensive line injury rates are higher than "the norm", if there is such a thing, and whether there are organizational causes.

Not only injury rates but remember how anyone can play oline. Then why are so many of our oline being coached by Morgan completely incompetent? Even long time vets.

If you listen to Poles talk about breaking the cycle, its not going to happen.

Exactly what do you think Flus is teaching the rookie QB? That cycle has NOTHING to do with a defensive HC, it has to do with the system the QB is having to learn under the OC.

If Waldron is great he could get snatched away to be a HC unless Poles is willing to fire Flus and bump Waldron up. That is the only way you break that cycle in that case.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Tom Brady had multiple OCs under a defensive HC. Josh Allen has had multiple OCs under McDermott. Jackson has had multiple OCs under Harbaugh.

If you actually watched hard knocks, you saw Eberflus talking to Williams after errant passes about throwing from his back foot so this idea a defensive HC has nothing to teach a QB is dumb.

Just like Bellichek there is plenty a QB can learn from a guy who designs defenses to stop QBs. Flus has said from the start that he attends offensive and QB meetings to provide his insights as a DC. This isnt Lovie.

As for Waldron, his eventual replacements are already here as Thomas Brown who has called plays before is the passing game coordinator and from the McVay tree. Joseph who is the QB coach came from Seattle with Waldron.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Eberflus needs to show that he's a Super Bowl winning HC. Continuity with mediocrity isn't a good combination.

They can achieve continuity with Caleb by keeping Waldron and hiring say Vrabel or if you just hire an offensive coordinator that's from the same tree as Waldron.

There's some really interesting things to watch this season outside of the Bears:
-how Waldron meshes with Eberflus vs Carroll, Carroll is a legit, SB winning HC and if Waldron struggles here, it reflects poorly on Eberflus/Poles
-how Fields meshes with Arthur Smith & Tomlin - Fields is a massively talented player IMO and if he thrives in Pittsburgh after his run here, that reflects poorly on Poles/Eberflus
-how Getsy meshes with the Raiders - he's got good weapons and an adequate game manager in Minshew and a defensive HC - if he looks good it reflects poorly on Fields, Eberflus and Poles

There might just be something about the coaching philosophy of these Tampa 2 defensive head coaches that doesn't facilitate philosophy of these Tampa 2 defensive head coaches that creates an environment that makes offensive football not really develop. We watched it for how long with Lovie?

If Fields plays well, its because he's in year 4 and has experience now so the game might slow a little for him. Still isn't a good point because the Bears moved on because of the looming decision to pay him or not and having the #1 pick to reset the clock on the QB. Thats just common sense. And I'd argue 32 out of 32 teams would have made the same decision

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
It honestly feels like it has been years since the last time a Bears offense decisively won a practice. Like, a single practice, out of the entire camp. I feel like I'm reading the same tweets from the last 2 years.

Hope they get this stuff figured out before the games start to count. Can't afford to start the season off poorly with the way their schedule is designed.

Last edited:

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
My point was it doesnt have to be spread across 3 games. There is also the case of Herbert who has never played a preseason snap and was a stud his rookie year.
Those guys are both anomalies, you hope CW is cut from that same cloth but we have no idea, which is why he needs reps.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Those guys are both anomalies, you hope CW is cut from that same cloth but we have no idea, which is why he needs reps.

Nah I heard he already is getting fit for his gold jacket /s

I was told this would all be fixed instantly because caleb is a future HoFer by @DanielCCSBears

Sounds like he has a lot of the same issues fields had, just with more arm talent. Kinda like all of us besides the meatballs like daniel expected.

If this interior OL doesn't give him 3-4 seconds on a regular basis it could be a long season. I have no doubt if they give him great protection he can make defenses pay, but that hasn't been happening against the bears shitty DL.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nah I heard he already is getting fit for his gold jacket /s

I was told this would all be fixed instantly because caleb is a future HoFer by @DanielCCSBears

Sounds like he has a lot of the same issues fields had, just with more arm talent. Kinda like all of us besides the meatballs like daniel expected.

If this interior OL doesn't give him 3-4 seconds on a regular basis it could be a long season. I have no doubt if they give him great protection he can make defenses pay, but that hasn't been happening against the bears DL.

This is weird from someone who wanted Fields to be kept