***Official*** Chicago Bears Training Camp Thread!!! (Preamble to the Domination!) (FTO)

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Hit up HWs inbox. He said Bears were involved in the Judon talks. Offered 2 years 40million. He said no.

EDIT: Breer just confirmed Bears were in the mix. HW once again locked in. DBB come out of the movie theater yet?
Thank goodness he said no if that actually happened

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
Hustlers gonna hustle

Why don't you like Kaeptain America? He was literally on a trajectory to be a top 10 QB all time before the league blacklisted him.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Ok.... Who the hell is that?
Some years back he was a huge local NFL insider on Twitter until he got hacked and some of the clout chasing Bears insider accounts on twitter basically destroyed his rep. Occasionally he still drops Bears news when he wants. He was all over the Poles hiring 3 years ago. He's legit.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Why don't you like Kaeptain America? He was literally on a trajectory to be a top 10 QB all time before the league blacklisted him.
Nice try....the OG RB1....did he even have a career comp % above 60% and wasn't he like 1-10 as a starter his last year???

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Nice try....the OG RB1....did he even have a career comp % above 60% and wasn't he like 1-10 as a starter his last year???
@PrideisBears @Penny Traitor can we please just threadban these ******* who want to talk about players no longer on the roster in a training camp news update thread?

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Thank goodness he said no if that actually happened
Why?

The Bears have 20 mil and some change right now. A 2 year deal that Poles would certainly have structured to give the team flexibility and a competitive edge sounds pretty sweet to me.

There are much better cap dudes out there, but I don’t get why you wouldn’t want that deal.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So you want me to do what you guys do and go watch a youtube video of some so called draft expert or ex NFL player talking about T.Smith and then come back here and say what he said? No thanks. Like i've been saying, i think he's a good #3 CB with the little amount of actual NFL game film there's been to see so far.

I'm not a scout or ex NFL player and don't act like one like many on here do even though all you guys are really doing is watching what others say about players and coming back here to regurgitate what they said. lol

Your thing is PFF.

What an idiotic argument. You are claiming he is just a 3 or overhyped so you are in fact acting like a scout. The difference is you apparently are basing it on nothing of substance. By contrast you are saying others are using metrics like PFF and All 22 film review to conclude he can be a starter and somehow you think that is an issue.

If you are too lazy to put in the work then dont claim he is just a No 3 or overhyped as you dont know.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Why?

The Bears have 20 mil and some change right now. A 2 year deal that Poles would certainly have structured to give the team flexibility and a competitive edge sounds pretty sweet to me.

There are much better cap dudes out there, but I don’t get why you wouldn’t want that deal.
He's 32, and coming off a torn Biceps. Two years and $40M is a hard pass, and to top it off a 3rd rounder too!?!

Edit...

I also prefer a speed rusher to complement Sweat not another older version of the same kind of pass rusher. I'd definitely take the guy that's two years younger and much faster from the blind side aka Reddick if it's going to cost that much of an investment.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I've been saying this for years. People either think they can't have a thought of their own or they're unable to.
And if it's a former star QB expert talking head there's no discussion allowed.
All people do any more is parrot what they see in media and it's not just football.

You can have a thought of your own. But if that thought has zero substance then it will be riduculed. The dude is crying about people forming opinions on metrics and film review while forming an opinion based on watching games where the CB is off the screen for most of a given snap. It is really dumb.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
He's 32, and coming off a torn Biceps. Two years and $40M is a hard pass, and to top it off a 3rd rounder too!?!
I’m pretty sure it would have been a glorified one year rental. If he could provide a pass rush and free up Sweat, for about 20 mil, and you’re like no? Yeah we aren’t agreeing on this.

If we win the games we should, we’re getting two 3rd rounders when some team poaches our AGM. Plus, bro, we got 8 picks in a 7 round draft with two in the second in ‘25. Poles can spend a 3rd in a viable pass rush if he thinks it’s a good idea.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
You can have a thought of your own. But if that thought has zero substance then it will be riduculed. The dude is crying about people forming opinions on metrics and film review while forming an opinion based on watching games where the CB is off the screen for most of a given snap. It is really dumb.
Remy, speaking of thoughts of your own, what kind of a good deal do you think the 40 Mil plus a third rounder was for Judon?

I’m thinking it would have been a glorified one year rental with some money shoved to next year. Any insight?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Remy, speaking of thoughts of your own, what kind of a good deal do you think the 40 Mil plus a third rounder was for Judon?

I’m thinking it would have been a glorified one year rental with some money shoved to next year. Any insight?
Atlanta offered more because they are in a desperate win now mode.