***Official*** Chicago Bears Training Camp Thread!!! (Preamble to the Domination!) (FTO)

BearNation

Liked Posts:
All of this dick ripping ignores the fact that the Bears defense played its best when it had an interior pass rush. Tommie Harris and Akiem Hicks are examples.

This team is going to need an interior pass rusher.
I agree and hope bears draft Deone Walker the DT from Kentucky in the first round next year who has 7.5 sacks last year.

BearNation

Liked Posts:
The only year Josh had double digit sacks (11) was when Reddick had 16 sacks playing opposite of him. He's coming off a year with only 6.5 sacks (17 gms) vs Reddick having double digit sacks for the last 4 years straight. I see no way possible to say Josh is the better player although yes he's two years younger.

I don't think he's deserving of a raise from the 1 year $10M contract he signed last year so 3 for $45M and a draft pick would not be a smart move.
I would agree Reddick is a better pass rusher. But Josh Sweat is the far superior in the run game in my opinion.

The contract could be high, but with the constant salary cap increases, it’s hard for me to gauge future market value for premium positions. With most of the top DE’s making $20M+ AAV’s, I’d personally be happy with Josh Swear around $15M a year.

Last edited:

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
All of this dick ripping ignores the fact that the Bears defense played its best when it had an interior pass rush. Tommie Harris and Akiem Hicks are examples.

another incredibly obvious opinion that everyone on here already knows, thanks for sharing! Please please please spare us the thread about how no one on CCS thinks interior pass rush is important

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
I would agree Reddick is a better pass rusher. But Josh Sweat is the far superior in the run game in my opinion.

The contract could be high, but with the constant salary cap increases, it’s hard for me to gauge future market value for premium positions.
The weak side DE should be more of a pass rusher, not run stuffer. M. Sweat is on the strong side mostly and plays the run very well. The Goal is to upgrade the pass rush not the run defense since DeMarcus Walker already is pretty solid doing that without trading anything or extending a contract.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
This was a training camp news thread before you shat all over it again. Get some rest for the volunteer bus drive tomorrow morning.

Uhh, you were begging for an update on my bowel issues in this training camp news thread.

This isn't even like the Super Bowel dinner that was colonoscopy prep.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Uhh, you were begging for an update on my bowel issues in this training camp news thread.

This isn't even like the Super Bowel dinner that was colonoscopy prep.
Uhh, you just quoted me from hours ago talking to someone else. But do whatever you need to do to shit.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
LOL, it was 53 minutes ago from now.

Begging for it.
begging for what? updates on your bowel issues in the training camp news update thread?

Natedogg8023

Liked Posts:
Peter Warrick did it as the 4th overall pick.

It is fine if you dont like it but nothing dumb about trying to maximize return on a player that likely isnt going to play as much as most th overall picks because of all the weapons we have.

Always happy to see a Peter Warrick reference!

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Yes we know this. Thanks.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
With the news about the Bears Judon offer leaking out, you gotta wonder what's going on with Ngakoue. The Bears were willing to give up a 3rd rounder to another team to sign another older player.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
With the news about the Bears Judon offer leaking out, you gotta wonder what's going on with Ngakoue. The Bears were willing to give up a 3rd rounder to another team to sign another older player.
I dont wonder at all. Ngakoue is almost certainly a back up option to a far far superior player like judon

BearNation

Liked Posts:
The weak side DE should be more of a pass rusher, not run stuffer. M. Sweat is on the strong side mostly and plays the run very well. The Goal is to upgrade the pass rush not the run defense since DeMarcus Walker already is pretty solid doing that without trading anything or extending a contract.
I don’t have any data to support this, but from memory I felt like Tez lineup as left DE primarily regardless of the offensives strength. So, I don’t believe Tez played strong side mostly.

But again I don’t have data to support this, it’s just what I remember. But I could be wrong and if you have data disproving this, I won’t fight you on it.

BearNation

Liked Posts:
It’s supposed to rain most of the day, has anybody heard anything about today’s joint practice. Is indoor facility large enough to support 2 teams?

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
another incredibly obvious opinion that everyone on here already knows, thanks for sharing! Please please please spare us the thread about how no one on CCS thinks interior pass rush is important
Brilliant which is why the focus of everyone team coaches media and fans has been on the defensive end spot opposite Sweat.

Kthnxby

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
It’s supposed to rain most of the day, has anybody heard anything about today’s joint practice. Is indoor facility large enough to support 2 teams?
They were saying on 670 yesterday that there was a contingency plan in place for it without going into details.