***Official*** Chicago Bears Training Camp Thread!!! (Preamble to the Domination!) (FTO)

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Today’s camp practice with the Bengals is canceled for the public. They’ll move inside their dome today and they don’t accommodate fans in there.

It’s too bad. I had tickets today and was planning the third installment of Playthrough’s Excellent Camp Adventure.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Today’s camp practice with the Bengals is canceled for the public. They’ll move inside their dome today and they don’t accommodate fans in there.

It’s too bad. I had tickets today and was planning the third installment of Playthrough’s Excellent Camp Adventure.
Bummer man.

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Brilliant which is why the focus of everyone team coaches media and fans has been on the defensive end spot opposite Sweat.

Kthnxby
Wasn’t it all about Dexter? You know the inside pressure guy, didn’t you cunt about that?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
What an idiotic argument. You are claiming he is just a 3 or overhyped so you are in fact acting like a scout. The difference is you apparently are basing it on nothing of substance. By contrast you are saying others are using metrics like PFF and All 22 film review to conclude he can be a starter and somehow you think that is an issue.

If you are too lazy to put in the work then dont claim he is just a No 3 or overhyped as you dont know.
I just don't see the reason to "put in the work" of i guess going to youtube and seeing what others say about him or watching the all 22 film just so i can come to a fucking message board and try to get people to think i in any way at all have ever been in or around the nfl game in my entire life like many on here try to do. I have better things to do then trying to act like i know more than people that actually do that stuff for a reason other than posting about it on a message board.

I go off of my own eye test and if i end up wrong about a player i also don't care about that as much as many on here do like it's going to matter in their real life in any way what so ever like you're famous for doing on here.

I think he's a good player who as of now hasn't shown enough against real competition to say he's a starter. This is just my own opinion which i didn't go to youtube for.

:deer:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
You can have a thought of your own. But if that thought has zero substance then it will be riduculed. The dude is crying about people forming opinions on metrics and film review while forming an opinion based on watching games where the CB is off the screen for most of a given snap. It is really dumb.
You shouldn't be so angry about something so little in life but..............REMY.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Good glad to hear it because this guy here in this video is the same exact player we saw on tape last year. Late off the ball, playing way too high in his stance absolutely no counter moves to his game and is getting WRECKED in run defense.

This is your starting 3-technique?

@remydat thought he played well in this game and collapsed the pocket multiple time. He looked like a backup 3T to me on 95% of those plays. Maybe i just need to see the ALL22. LOl

DavidH

Liked Posts:
With the news about the Bears Judon offer leaking out, you gotta wonder what's going on with Ngakoue. The Bears were willing to give up a 3rd rounder to another team to sign another older player.
Where did you see it reported that they were willing to give up a 3rd rounder? I haven't seen that anywhere.

Also a much better player than Ngakoue.

BearNation

Liked Posts:
Good glad to hear it because this guy here in this video is the same exact player we saw on tape last year. Late off the ball, playing way too high in his stance absolutely no counter moves to his game and is getting WRECKED in run defense.

This is your starting 3-technique?

Thanks for sharing the clip Daniel.

I would agree he is still getting off the ball slow, but I would disagree on him getting wrecked in the run game. There was a lot of slants upfront, but overall I think he maintained his gap well. It also comes back to coaching philosophy. If he’s being asked to hold his gap and LOS he’s doing well. If he’s being coached to penetrate then he’s failing. I personally thinks he’s being coached gap control.

Overall, I only saw 1 negative where he jumped inside and lost contain on the Josh Allen scramble.

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Thanks for sharing the clip Daniel.

I would agree he is still getting off the ball slow, but I would disagree on him getting wrecked in the run game. There was a lot of slants upfront, but overall I think he maintained his gap well. It also comes back to coaching philosophy. If he’s being asked to hold his gap and LOS he’s doing well. If he’s being coached to penetrate then he’s failing. I personally thinks he’s being coached gap control.

Overall, I only saw 1 negative where he jumped inside and lost contain on the Josh Allen scramble.
Based on the scheme and media reports and interviews he's given he's supposed to be penetrating.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

DavidH

Liked Posts:

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Where did you see it reported that they were willing to give up a 3rd rounder? I haven't seen that anywhere.

Also a much better player than Ngakoue.
Honestly I don't remember. I did stumble across it though. I guess I should have probably qualified it as speculative.