***Official*** Chicago Bears Training Camp Thread!!! (Preamble to the Domination!) (FTO)

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Well he shouldn't be having goals of 8 sacks and 15 TFL if he was being coached gap control. He didn't look great in those plays besides two of them but again this is just preseason and we don't know what the coaches are trying or not trying to show in these games so i'm hoping he'll be putting pressure on the QB in regular season games like you should expect from your 3T.
He's never going to be a dominant game changer. Right now I'd settle for him being more disruptive. A poor man's Henry Melton with hopefully a higher ceiling.

Some guys like Melton just had God given ability. Dexter looks more like he'll be a grinder over the long haul. A Lawrence Guy type if he can learn to play with better pad level.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
He's never going to be a dominant game changer. Right now I'd settle for him being more disruptive. A poor man's Henry Melton with hopefully a higher ceiling.

Some guys like Melton just had God given ability. Dexter looks more like he'll be a grinder over the long haul. A Lawrence Guy type if he can learn to play with better pad level.
We'll see. I'm 50-50 on him right now but curious to see how he looks with the new body in the regular season with M.Sweat, A.Billings and the rest of the starters in there with him. Really hoping we see a starting level DE opposite Sweat by the time TC is over. Really hyped about what we've seen from Booker but it's just preseason so not gonna get too hype on him this soon but i am optimistic about him.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
I don’t have any data to support this, but from memory I felt like Tez lineup as left DE primarily regardless of the offensives strength. So, I don’t believe Tez played strong side mostly.

But again I don’t have data to support this, it’s just what I remember. But I could be wrong and if you have data disproving this, I won’t fight you on it.
You are correct he has played on left because he has been the best pass rusher but that's not ideal. This is still a variant of the Tampa-2 defense so...

The LDE is supposed to be the fast guy aka Mark Anderson, Adewale Ogunleye...

The RDE is the power guy that's better against the run aka Peppers or Alex Brown...

The 3T aka Tommie Harris gets instant penetration and a double team thus the LDE flies around the edge against the Left Tackle... The RDE faces the RT doing the dirty work, holding his ground cleaning up against runs or a scrambling QB.

Ideally Sweat is in Peppers place as the RDE.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You are correct he has played on left because he has been the best pass rusher but that's not ideal. This is still a variant of the Tampa-2 defense so...

The LDE is supposed to be the fast guy aka Mark Anderson, Adewale Ogunleye...

The RDE is the power guy that's better against the run aka Peppers or Alex Brown...

The 3T aka Tommie Harris gets instant penetration and a double team thus the LDE flies around the edge against the Left Tackle... The RDE faces the RT doing the dirty work, holding his ground cleaning up against runs or a scrambling QB.

Ideally Sweat is in Peppers place as the RDE.
Man I did not fully appreciate just how good Peppers was when he played for the Bears.

napo55

Liked Posts:
As a kid, every time Sayers got the ball, before that fateful 49er game, he was electrifying, just like Hester on returns
For those who haven't already, check out Gale Sayers highlights on Youtube.

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
We'll see. I'm 50-50 on him right now but curious to see how he looks with the new body in the regular season with M.Sweat, A.Billings and the rest of the starters in there with him. Really hoping we see a starting level DE opposite Sweat by the time TC is over. Really hyped about what we've seen from Booker but it's just preseason so not gonna get too hype on him this soon but i am optimistic about him.
Booker looked good so we'll see if he can win some with pure raw ability. It's such a different game once the regular season starts. It's like every year you can get fooled into thinking someone who does well in the preseason might look good in the regular season and then reality hits and you realize it's a completely different level of football.

There are so many guys who look great in general college guys free agents and you get excited about them and everything just changes and you're left in disbelief in how THAT guy could fail so bad in the NFL.

Classic example N'Keal Harry, big strong, fast, agile great hands productive with bad players around him. Dominated in college and just didn't have the juice for the NFL. That's a guy I'll never understand how he so looked the part but just couldn't get it done.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I just don't see the reason to "put in the work" of i guess going to youtube and seeing what others say about him or watching the all 22 film just so i can come to a fucking message board and try to get people to think i in any way at all have ever been in or around the nfl game in my entire life like many on here try to do. I have better things to do then trying to act like i know more than people that actually do that stuff for a reason other than posting about it on a message board.

I go off of my own eye test and if i end up wrong about a player i also don't care about that as much as many on here do like it's going to matter in their real life in any way what so ever like you're famous for doing on here.

I think he's a good player who as of now hasn't shown enough against real competition to say he's a starter. This is just my own opinion which i didn't go to youtube for.

:deer:
Right your opinion based on an eye test where 70% of the time you cant actually see what a CB is doing because he is off screen. Cool story bro.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You shouldn't be so angry about something so little in life but..............REMY.
Saying your argument is dumb doesnt make me angry.
@remydat thought he played well in this game and collapsed the pocket multiple time. He looked like a backup 3T to me on 95% of those plays. Maybe i just need to see the ALL22. LOl

At no point did I say he played well. I said he collapsed the pocket a few times which is what this tape shows. Few means a small number not a lot and certainly not enough to say he played well.

Last edited:

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
just saw a tweet with #91 trey hendrickson ? boppin caleb on toppa his head

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Man everybody gets beat at some point. I remember watching Deion Sanders (and I'm talking Deion Sanders in his prime), lined up in press-coverage across from Flipper Anderson and get smoked.
I remember D.Mooney absolutely destroying Jalen Ramsey on a double move and had a easy long TD catch and run except Bears QB's happened and the ball was overthrown.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Saying your argument is dumb doesnt make me angry.

At no point did I say he played well. I said he collapsed the pocket a few times which is what this tape shows. Few means a small number not a lot and certainly not enough to say he played well.
Mmmmmmkay

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

62XiqEky_bigger.jpg

Adam Hoge

@AdamHoge

#Bears-Bengals joint practice is over. It POURED at times. #Bengals suffered two bad injuries that were tough to see. RB Chris Evans and OT D’Ante Smith both needed aircasts and were carted off. I watched Burrow vs Bears and the D won the day. Nothing happening downfield as the Bears’ secondary had things shut down. Jaylon Johnson was especially impressive and Kevin Byard had an awesome diving interception. CIN did pop a couple decent runs.
@NicholasMoreano
has you covered on Caleb vs the Bengals.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

ost​

See new posts

Conversation​

Erik Lambert reposted

8kf2XmgQ_bigger.jpg

Nicholas Moreano

@NicholasMoreano

In 11-on-11s, Caleb Williams hit DJ Moore on a slant route for a 10-yard touchdown. Moore beat Bengals CB Dax Hill on the play. Good amount of separation on the route from Moore. On the previous offensive possession, Rome Odunze also beat Hill on a slant route. Williams hit Odunze in stride.
@AdamHoge
has you covered on how the Bears defense did against Joe Burrow.