***Official*** Chicago Bears Training Camp Thread!!! (Preamble to the Domination!) (FTO)

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
I’m pretty sure it would have been a glorified one year rental. If he could provide a pass rush and free up Sweat, for about 20 mil, and you’re like no? Yeah we aren’t agreeing on this.

If we win the games we should, we’re getting two 3rd rounders when some team poaches our AGM. Plus, bro, we got 8 picks in a 7 round draft with two in the second in ‘25. Poles can spend a 3rd in a viable pass rush if he thinks it’s a good idea.
The guy was about to play on a $7M one year deal for the Pats but comes here and wants over $40M and 2 years... Nope.

It's too risky of a gamble at his age and coming off his injury, that's the kind of move that gets you fired. Leave those hail mary's to Pace 💯

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I just remember @Myk sucking Orton's dick as though there were no tomorrow on the CBMB. get fucked talking about other people's opinions.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Remy, speaking of thoughts of your own, what kind of a good deal do you think the 40 Mil plus a third rounder was for Judon?

I’m thinking it would have been a glorified one year rental with some money shoved to next year. Any insight?

I would not pay more than 15mill a year given given his age and injury history and maybe 3 year contract which they can cut him after 2. Will be interesting to see what Falcons offer.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Judon and sweat would've been such a monster duo on the edge. Judon is 100% a better player than Reddick and I'd have been much more interested in judon. Having said that atl did overpay. I expected him to go for like a 5th coming off a season ending injury and looking for a new contract at 32

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
If Poles wants to trade a premium pick and pay someone $40M for 2 years.... I can think of a former #52 that would look great lined up opposite of Sweat.

Why not bring back Mack and let him chase a ring with us!??

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I would not pay more than 15mill a year given given his age and injury history and maybe 3 year contract which they can cut him after 2. Will be interesting to see what Falcons offer.
They probably offered 3yrs, $50 million
If Poles wants to trade a premium pick and pay someone $40M for 2 years.... I can think of a former #52 that would look great lined up opposite of Sweat.

Why not bring back Mack and let him chase a ring with us!??
he’s not available. That’s why.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Judon and sweat would've been such a monster duo on the edge. Judon is 100% a better player than Reddick and I'd have been much more interested in judon. Having said that atl did overpay. I expected him to go for like a 5th coming off a season ending injury and looking for a new contract at 32

When I saw that he went for a 3rd, I was thinking that I bet Poles had an offer out there for a 4th/5th.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
When I saw that he went for a 3rd, I was thinking that I bet Poles had an offer out there for a 4th/5th.
A 4th rounder would have been perfectly reasonable. We got Keenan Allen, also a 32 year old, very good player at a valued position for a 4th. The Falcons got thrust into desperation mode by not having any good pass rushers at end and then losing Trice for the season.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I just remember @Myk sucking Orton's dick as though there were no tomorrow on the CBMB. get fucked talking about other people's opinions.

Nothing like outing yourself as a Grossman fan because that's all who cared if someone liked Orton on CBMB. That's all who would've held a grudge this long.
And which QB was it that had a career after the Bears?
You mad brah?

The only "other people's opinions" I mention were those who are too dumb to have their own opinion, they just parrot whatever they're told.
You must be one of them too.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Nothing like outing yourself as a Grossman fan because that's all who cared if someone liked Orton on CBMB. That's all who would've held a grudge this long.
And which QB was it that had a career after the Bears?
You mad brah?

The only "other people's opinions" I mention were those who are too dumb to have their own opinion, they just parrot whatever they're told.
You must be one of them too.
nah, brah, just taking your opinions with a grain of salt and blogging about my bowel issues in an anonymous forum

BearNation

Liked Posts:
Thoughts on the idea of trading for DE Josh Sweat of the Eagles? He’s in the final year of his contract, the eagles have already invested in their D-Line (Huff, Davis, Carter, Nolan Smith) so I’m not sure they would want to spend more.

Josh Sweat like Tez, is a very good run defender, which Poles and Flus seem to like. He hasn’t missed a game in 3 years, is 27 years old. He only had 6 sacks last year, but had 11 in 2022. PFF has his pass run grade last year at 80.5 which was higher than Tez Sweat’s 79.5.

Since it’s the final year of his deal and I dont think Philly has much leverage. I’d offer a 3rd. Then sign him to a 3 year $45M contract that is heavily front loaded and easy to get out of in year 3 if needed.

This would solve the DE position for several years and allow for Bears to spend draft capital on OL and interior D-Line.

Let me know your thoughts, but I personally think he’s better, healthier and younger than Reddick or Judon. And an overall better player than Trey Hendrickson

Last edited:

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
nah, brah, just taking your opinions with a grain of salt and blogging about my bowel issues in an anonymous forum

New bowel issue on top of Crohn's Disease, blocked artery that feeds the guts. I know shit and Grossman was absolute shit, as are his fans.

I "blog" about my health on a named forum more. Does it make you uncomfortable?

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
not at all. enjoy your named bowel forum.

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Daniel seems to believe that Stevenson was awful down the stretch. He then won’t reply to anyone that questions how he came to this conclusion.

Makes sense. If Pace is involved, they likely overpaid in the trade.
Way to take it completely off topic.

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
All of this dick ripping ignores the fact that the Bears defense played its best when it had an interior pass rush. Tommie Harris and Akiem Hicks are examples.

This team is going to need an interior pass rusher.

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Thoughts on the idea of trading for DE Josh Sweat of the Eagles? He’s in the final year of his contract, the eagles have already invested in their D-Line (Huff, Davis, Carter, Nolan Smith) so I’m not sure they would want to spend more.

Josh Sweat like Tez, is a very good run defender, which Poles and Flus seem to like. He hasn’t missed a game in 3 years, is 27 years old. He only had 6 sacks last year, but had 11 in 2022. PFF has his pass run grade last year at 80.5 which was higher than Tez Sweat’s 79.5.

Since it’s the final year of his deal and I dont think Philly has much leverage. I’d offer a 3rd. Then sign him to a 3 year $45M contract that is heavily front loaded and easy to get out of in year 3 if needed.

This would solve the DE position for several years and allow for Bears to spend draft capital on OL and interior D-Line.

Let me know your thoughts, but I personally think he’s much better, healthier and younger than Reddick or Judon. And an overall better player than Trey Hendrickson
The only year Josh had double digit sacks (11) was when Reddick had 16 sacks playing opposite of him. He's coming off a year with only 6.5 sacks (17 gms) vs Reddick having double digit sacks for the last 4 years straight. I see no way possible to say Josh is the better player although yes he's two years younger.

I don't think he's deserving of a raise from the 1 year $10M contract he signed last year so 3 for $45M and a draft pick would not be a smart move.