***Official*** Chicago Bears Training Camp Thread!!! (Preamble to the Domination!) (FTO)

Kurtosis

Liked Posts:
Wright legit had 1-2 question about himself lol. Same shit when caleb/rome had a joint interview day 1 of camp. Chicago media is straight ASS.
It’s the same as media would be in any other market. It’s not a Chicago media thing, it’s a media thing in general.

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Willie the Wisp! I was wondering if anyone else would mention him.

When I was a kid my grandparents got this VHS history of the Bears that was made by like Jewel or sponsored. Whatever. It was the early 90s. I used to watch that thing all the time. Show it to my friends when they came over.

Anyway there was a short bit about Willie on it and he instantly became one of my favorites. Harlan Hill too y'all.

For people unfamiliar:

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
When I was a kid my grandparents got this VHS history of the Bears that was made by like Jewel or sponsored. Whatever. It was the early 90s. I used to watch that thing all the time. Show it to my friends when they came over.

Anyway there was a short bit about Willie on it and he instantly became one of my favorites. Harlan Hill too y'all.

For people unfamiliar:

lol... I have that tape.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
They're gonna force turnovers - the back 7 of the defense is no joke and they didn't draft Taylor for no reason. Field position is going to be important.

My point being - I just don't see Caleb being overly wild. There's too much talent on the offensive side of the ball to help him out and schematically Eberflus is going to want him to play a style that emphasizes ball control. He'll be able to pick and choose when he wants to take risks vs having the style he played last year that relied on him playing outside of structure (because with USCs weapons and offensive line there was no structure).
If they emphasize ball control, Eberflus is fired at the end of the season. There's too many weapons for ball control. You don't go out and trade for Keenan Allen and then run Ron Turner's offense.

You don't call Caleb Williams a QB you win because of and then execute an offensive scheme that completely shuts down his ability to win football games.

This better be the most wide open attacking and explosive offense we've ever seen and the defense better be able to keep up.

The strategy of ball control will win regular season games but when you get into the playoffs your team will be exposed.

It's why Marty Schottenheimer only won 5 career playoff games in 13 playoff appearances.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
been gone.. whats caleb's training camp td/int ratio so far???
Heard about Dexter already.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
MMM sorry but balls-and-strikes, that looks like a typical meatball who is excited to see a draft pick take 5+ YPC and 1300+ yards over 13 starts, and making a bold prediction. That is far different. I'd rather have that than baseless BS on some of Chicago's more talented young players.

I mean, come on, if you got to choose - Positive-Meatball Danny or Contemptuous Danny-Downer? I know which I'd rather have around.
Neither. They're both dumb fucks.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

So is Gervon testing with the DE’s this season’s version of jumping out of a pool?

Bears fans have latched onto that camp blurb like a tick on Bambi’s ass.
I’m never knocking the idea of a guy busting his ass and holding himself to a higher standard.

The guy has a unique physical makeup and it seems he has an intense desire to improve.

What’s not to like?

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I’m never knocking the idea of a guy busting his ass and holding himself to a higher standard.

The guy has a unique physical makeup and it seems he has an intense desire to improve.

What’s not to like?

Neither am I.

I’m asking if Bears fans are latching onto something that’s not relevant? (Something they have a history of doing)

Not down on Dexter in any way but the amount of play the testing with the DE’s has gotten is pretty funny IMO.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Oh so I'm not the only one that's noticed that the main position of need that was not addressed in the off season is now suddenly the biggest positive of training camp?
I’m pretty sure 90.z% of the board realized this

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:

So is Gervon testing with the DE’s this season’s version of jumping out of a pool?

Bears fans have latched onto that camp blurb like a tick on Bambi’s ass.
😂😂😂 imagine criticizing hoge yet defending Gervon every chance you get? Like aren’t you the one saying he needs to perform and expecting he will? Aren’t you in the PFF thread saying you don’t care where he was drafted?

At least be consistent

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Oh so I'm not the only one that's noticed that the main position of need that was not addressed in the off season is now suddenly the biggest positive of training camp?
I’ve certainly noticed how the center competition is a great thing for the bears and how it’s great that he’s getting reps in practice getting snaps from both guys.

Chiefs probably doing the same thing in TC!

Like if Caleb needed practice receiving snaps from multiple guys couldn’t they just individually practice this?

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
If they emphasize ball control, Eberflus is fired at the end of the season. There's too many weapons for ball control. You don't go out and trade for Keenan Allen and then run Ron Turner's offense.

You don't call Caleb Williams a QB you win because of and then execute an offensive scheme that completely shuts down his ability to win football games.

This better be the most wide open attacking and explosive offense we've ever seen and the defense better be able to keep up.

The strategy of ball control will win regular season games but when you get into the playoffs your team will be exposed.

It's why Marty Schottenheimer only won 5 career playoff games in 13 playoff appearances.
This.............

Bears did not bring in Williams to be a game manager. Poles did not give Williams the most weapons any rookie QB has ever had not to throw the damn ball.

It would not surprise me in the if Williams broke Luck's rookie record for passing yards and Herbert's rookie TD record.