***Official*** Chicago Bears Training Camp Thread!!! (Preamble to the Domination!) (FTO)

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
You’re the only one patting yourself on the ass for it, retrad
Your post should have been the one time not to write 'retrad'.

Well, thinking about it, it is never a good idea to write 'retrad' when one is demeaning someone.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Well, he changed a lot of things to give himself a better chance. Not saying that he will make it but at least he is trying.
I assume there's quite a few stories like his in every locker room each season where that work doesn't turn into on field results. I'm glad he's putting in work, but it means nothing if the on field results aren't significantly better.

I like dexter and hope for the best, but am not getting my hopes up from fluff stories

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
So 4400 yards and 32 TDs? I’ll take it.
As we all would. From everything I have seen of Williams over the last three years is he thrives on this kind of pressure to be great. Beating Rattler out of the starting job as a true freshman. Winning the Heisman the next year but coming up short of winning a national title. Overcoming a poor supporting cast to the #1 prospect in this year's draft. He hit all of his goals in college with one huge expectation, that national title. Don't think he is going to stop now.

Bort

Liked Posts:
Either this defense is fitna' dominate the league or this offense is 'bout to smell like cooking chittlins'. I mean if you aren't scoring with two straight-up stud wide-receivers, plus an heir apparent in the rookie, something is wrong- unless of course your offensive line is under-performing.

Relax. No pads 11-on-11 is always a huge advantage to the defense, and by all reports, CW has been excellent in 7-on-7. We'll learn a lot more when pads come on tomorrow.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Relax. No pads 11-on-11 is always a huge advantage to the defense, and by all reports, CW has been excellent in 7-on-7. We'll learn a lot more when pads come on tomorrow.
I'm relaxed. It's perfectly okay to call out potential issues, just like it's perfectly okay to call out potential positives. I can't tell you how many times I've witnessed a team zealot attempt to silence or dismiss an early opinion or observation that they didn't agree with and that "non-problem" turned out to fustercluck the season.

Day 5 in training camp (before pads) is too early to draw conclusions, either way. However it's not too early to wonder why there haven't been more touchdowns scored with an offense that has 3 highly ranked receivers (well 2 highly ranked in the NFL, the other highly ranked in college) and a #1 overall QB.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I'm relaxed. It's perfectly okay to call out potential issues, just like it's perfectly okay to call out potential positives. I can't tell you how many times I've witnessed a team zealot attempt to silence or dismiss an early opinion or observation that they didn't agree with and that "non-problem" turned out to fustercluck the season.

Day 5 in training camp (before pads) is too early to draw conclusions, either way. However it's not too early to wonder why there haven't been more touchdowns scored with an offense that has 3 highly ranked receivers (well 2 highly ranked in the NFL, the other highly ranked in college) and a #1 overall QB.

Caleb is waiting until joint practice with the bungholes to start throwing touchdowns. Doesnt want to embarass the bears defense.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Either this defense is fitna' dominate the league or this offense is 'bout to smell like cooking chittlins'. I mean if you aren't scoring with two straight-up stud wide-receivers, plus an heir apparent in the rookie, something is wrong- unless of course your offensive line is under-performing.
I would go with the simplest explanation. We know we have a very good secondary - they're probably making it difficult for a rookie QB.

Hopefully, we can play against rookie QBs 17 weeks in a row.

Last edited: